“Great value for location, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Sleepy Bear Motel
820 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #24 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
“Great value for location, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff was great. Staff was very helpful. The kids loved the stream and the ducks. The ducks came and ate out of my hands. The hotel is outdated, but clean. It is not a new building, but you can tell they take care of it. Also an American owned small buisness.

• Stayed October 2012

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had stayed a couple of days previously and decided to stay in the "creekside" room this most recent visit. It was very nice VERY clean and quiet. The little balcony was cool, breezy and sweet. The ducks entertained us in the evening and morning. The staff was extremely nice on the phone and even more so in person. Just nice and refreshing. We'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: It's on the quiet side of Gatlinburg, but plenty to do and good restaurants nearby and the troll...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Derbyshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Located on the quiet side of Gatlingburg, close to the Art Trail, The Sleepy Bear Motel is the perfect overnight (or even longer) place to stop if you are visiting The Smokey Mountains national park. The rooms are spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and a small but adequate bathroom. Rooms have a balcony overlooking a creek where you can sit and watch the ducks! There is a micro-wave in the rooms as well as coffee-making facilities if you should want to eat in your room but there is an excellent steak-house, The Alamo, a short walk up the road and a very good Pancake House, literally across the road, for breakfast, (there is also a pizza restaurant nearby which we didn't try) and, the trolley runs right by the door if you should want to leave the car and go into Gatlingburgh itself. Patti, the owner?/manager is friendly and welcoming, ready to offer help and assistance if required. She also brews good, complimentary coffee in the mornings. All-in-all it was an excellent place to spend a relaxing night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Like the other poster, the Sleepy Bear is a family tradition for us. I have stayed there since I was a child, and I took my wife there for our honeymoon back in 1993. We have stayed there ever since, and in the SAME ROOM each visit. It is our "home away from home" when we are in Gatlinburg. It is a simple, but clean motel, located just far enough from town to be peaceful and quiet, yet close enough to be convenient to everything. We love the motel, and don't stay anywhere else. I would feel funny taking my family to another motel. We love the back deck with the stream, and the ducks love to be fed also. We recommend this motel to anyone who is going to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bluff City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We love the Sleepy Bear Motel in Gatlinburg, TN. It has recently been remodeled and always is clean. We love spending a little extra and sitting on the back patio over the creek. The ducks are so entertaining to watch and it's so very serene back there. We've stayed there for over 10 years and always love to come back.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room and enjoy the creek.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boulder City, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We usually stay at the Clarion when we come to Gatlinburg, but we were attending the Gatlinburg Highland Games (as a side note, these are some of the most scenic games we go to, as nice as the Grandfather Mountain Games to me, for any of my kilted brethren who may read this) and wanted a place close to them, and the Sleepy Bear was the closest. What a find! It is an older 2 story external corridor (you've seen the same motel all across the country if you have done any traveling at all) and had VERY competitive rates. I was skeptical at first, but the desk staff and owner were very friendly and helpful, pointing out the best restaurants and routes around town and even their favorite trails to hike in the National Park, some of which I had never been on. The desk clerk , Andy,helped me with my kilt, he's a fellow Scot and a member of the same Clan I am (MacLean of Duart), and lent me one of his spare kilt pins, I had left mine at home, Great people! The rooms were your standard motel room, 2 queen beds, tv fridge and the like, and were clean as a pin, as cleanliness is something I will not compromise on in where I stay. THey had a pool but it was not open (it was barely in the 60's one day and 80 the next). We had one of their creekside rooms, which had a balcony overlooking the creek, and that is where I spent all my down time, There were ducks who had just had ducklings and I could see trout and small mouth in the creek. Above all the place was quiet. WHen you stay in downtown Gatlinburg, there is always someone driving or people walking and talking by your room, and that's fine and really doesn't bother you when you are there. But here it is quiet, less traffic, no one walking by, and you are not bothered with excessive street lights, or traffic light, signage light, etc., that often keeps people up. We had access to all the food, shopping and activities a downtown, but were out of the grind at night and only a mile away. It was a good week!Now we have two favorite places to stay in Gatlinburg!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleepy Bear Motel? Share your experiences!