“A Ride on the Wild Side” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 50 Activities in Gatlinburg
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: AFFORDABLE 9 Treetop ziplines family friendly for kids and grandparents too! Only zipline where 5 year olds can ride by themselves along with their family! Half the price of other ziplines. In the heart of downtown Gatlinburg. Two guides do all the work so you can enjoy the ride with NO fear! Add on optional self guided 27 element treetop ropes challenge course with swings, ladders, trapeze, snowboard, bridges, Zip Gatlinburg's hour an a half ziplines course or hour and a half ropes challenge course can be split up so it won't take all day. Both leave you in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg where all the action is to enjoy the rest of your day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lima, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“A Ride on the Wild Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

We had 14 people in our party. The guides were well organized and functioned well together. They seemed to like each other and were considerate of their customers. We had three people in our group who were in their 70's! We also had several teenagers. The guides were in their early 20's to their early 30's and very enthusiastic and encouraging, as well as considerate. I would like to compliment them on their professionalism. It was fun to ride the ziplines as a family (mom, dad, daughter). There were nine lines in all. Just by the time I finished, I was starting to get the hang of it. It's really neat to be able to zip nine separate times in one outing. We paired the ziplines adventure with a rafting trip. The total cost was under $100 per person. I recommend doing them both--rafting ("Rafting in the Smokies") and ziplining.

bowling green,kentucky
5 attraction reviews
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

After arriving I was a little concerned with the confusion from all the people.Everything got taken care of very well.The lines were a blast and the guides were wonderful.They made sure you were safe and also had a great time.we will definitely do this again!

Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“Worst managed company I've ever seen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Total confusion is what comes to mind after doing the G-burg Zip Line. 2 of the 9 lines are about 50 feet in length (lame). Only 1 line is about 250 feet long and another that is about 200 feet that gives a nice ride. Make sure they buckle your harness correctly as well...they did not on me and my daughter (another employee caught it before our turn to ride.) I'd be very surprised if they don't get someone hurt before long.

jeremidl
4 attraction reviews
“Super fun, Super easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Great fun and easy to do! Easy to find off the main Gatlinburg strip. Experienced guides show you how to glide nice and easy, do flips or my favorite, just hang upside down. My wife had the helmet cam and upon reviewing it, she asked, " Who is that giggling the whole time?". It turned out, it was her. Beautiful day, only 7 people, 3 guides and lots of laughs. Roxy, Dan, Tim and Jamie were great. Great seasonal pricing, too. Plan on taking friends next time we are in Gatlinburg.

Chicago, IL.
“Awesome fun...even for people afraid of heights!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I booked an evening tour, hoping I would be less afraid if I couldn't see how high we were. I was terrified up until the first jump. The staff was amazing. The guides, Jaime and Chuck, were not only entertaining (making us laugh the whole time) but encouraging and warm when they needed to be. It was a great time and I would recommend this to anyone. In our group, there was an experienced zipper (not sure the technical term) who had been in much higher tours in other states who still had a smile on his face the entire time.