“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 50 Activities in Gatlinburg
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: AFFORDABLE 9 Treetop ziplines family friendly for kids and grandparents too! Only zipline where 5 year olds can ride by themselves along with their family! Half the price of other ziplines. In the heart of downtown Gatlinburg. Two guides do all the work so you can enjoy the ride with NO fear! Add on optional self guided 27 element treetop ropes challenge course with swings, ladders, trapeze, snowboard, bridges, Zip Gatlinburg's hour an a half ziplines course or hour and a half ropes challenge course can be split up so it won't take all day. Both leave you in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg where all the action is to enjoy the rest of your day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London
4 attraction reviews
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We went ziplining in June and had a ball. Granted my hands hurt for a few hours afterwards but that was more my issue of refusing to relax when the paranoia kicked in than the equipment or guides. The guides were professional and fun and hilairious and the experience was great. I haven't giggled so much in a while. It was almost as much fun watching the others have a go. Almost!

Visited June 2011

Taylorsville, Kentucky
“My wife wouldn't do it, so I went SOLO and met some great people. AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I had to do the Zip Line in Gatlinburg. The guides were great, especially our Russian guide. She had all of us screaming for more. Scream like Tarzan or end up screaming like Jane. What a Great time. My fear of heights will not get the best of me. It would be nice to purchase individual pictures instead of the whole disc.

Michigan
16 attraction reviews
“Safety Consious and Excellent Guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We used the $10 off per person coupon found in the many attaction coupon books and booked a 10:30 a.m. time slot. We were in a group with about 9 other people. The guides took their time harnessing everyone in and were very aware of safety. They explained everything before we were transported to the first line. I was very nervous but our guide, Brett was encouraging and demonstrated to me how to sit once I stepped off the platform. Shenoah was snapping pictures of everyone and was having a great time with our group. The guides are methodical in their safety procedure and made each of us feel comfortable zipping. The adventure was fun but felt as though we were rushed through. We left base around 11 am & were finished before noon. that includes travel time to the top and back again. For $60/person (without coupon), we expected a bit longer time. We were disappointed that it was only 7 lines when we were originally told there were 9. Even the website states 9 ziplines. The check in procedure is a bit chaotic--especially when groups are ready to check in while other people are asking questions and trying to register. We were told to come by 10:00 for a 10:30 time slot but didn't even get called to harness up until closer to 10:45. The photo CD is just another money maker. There are plenty of opportunities to take photos without slowing down the group and the CD they sell for $25 includes everyone from your group so you have a CD full of people you don't know. It would be nice to be able to purchase one or 2 photos of just our group. I guess I would recommend this if you use the $10 coupon just for the fact that the guides were extremely friendly and safety was very important to them. Parking is free and easy to find just off the main street of Gatlinburg.

Milton, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“You Guys Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I went with my 7 & 11 yr old girls and we loved it!!!!! Loved our guides :)

Lincoln
13 attraction reviews
“Tough Timing?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was our first time ziplining, so we weren't sure what to expect. We have a family of 6 (2 adult, 2 teen and 2 children aged 7 and 10) so the cost factor of $60.00 made this one of our most expensive activities while in the area. We were able to walk in and get reservations for that day which was nice, the harnessing went smoothly but then the vehicle wasn't there to transport us. The feeling of the place was very disorganized, lots of people but no one really knowing what was going on. Our guides radioed and the van was there within 15 minutes to transport us to the lines. There were about 6 zips, each one gradually longer than the one before it. Our teenage daughter was afraid, but the two guides Levy and Matt quickly put her at ease and she ended up loving it. These two guys went out of their ways to make sure we were having fun. I had already decided to buy the $25.00 photo cd before we'd left the staging area, the photographer was really snapping pictures, but then he was gone before we'd even done our 3rd zip. Since cameras are discouraged and I'm an avid scrapbooker, I did purchase the cd but would have liked more pictures, especially of the longer zips. Total time on the course was about 40 minutes for our group of 10, but the whole activity start to finish was close to 2 hours. When we returned to the building, we wanted to purchase t-shirts for two of our children, after searching, waiting, and asking several other people, turned out they didn't have any, they were out. At this point, they did disclose that the company had just switched owners and the shirts they'd had the day before had been reclaimed by the old owners? I do understand that change is difficult, it was fun but the amount of waiting and disorganization will definitely deter me from highly recommending this place right now.