“Favorite vacation spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Favorite vacation spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed here twice and both times were excellent. The outdoor jacuzzi is fun to sit in when it's snowing!!! Always have a drink handy to keep the cold away. The rooms are all spectacular. It is in easy walking distance to the town and all the attractions.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Great to hear Paul J. Thanks for taking your time to review your last visit with us. Like I keep saying this type of review is our mai9n focus here! We strive to make each of your stays the “best yet”. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your last two visits and hope to see you again real soon on your third. I promise to work very hard to make it even better. Don ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Carnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed with the Holiday Inn Club in Gatlinburg the weekend of April 26. I can't say enough nice things about this place!! We were very lucky to actually get an early check in, which was wonderful!!! The villa was super clean and had plenty of room. Towels were very plentiful! I honestly can't find anything bad to report about this place. Everyone was very helpful and polite. We will be sure to return!!!!

Room Tip: We had a villa on an upper floor; cuts down on noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hey there Ksims071, I get very excited when I receive reviews like yours about our property, especially from a Senior Contributor such as you! Thank you for sharing your vast travel experiences and your recent stay here with us. I want your readers to know just how passionate my staff and I are about providing each and every one of our guests the best service, in turn, creating exceptional vacation experiences that are second to none – every time they visit us. No matter the issue, we are here 24 hours a day; seven days a week to ensure any issue you may encounter during your stay receives immediate attention. I personally make myself available to help when any issue arises at our resort. By providing that level of immediacy, we do our best to correct anything that may be amiss, which is what sets our resort apart from others and will hopefully keep you coming back to us – like so many of other guests. On your return visit make sure to let us know when you will be arriving and we will make every effort to get your unit ready as soon as possible. Hope to see ya’ll soon Don Ward
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Really had a great time - time share sales pitch was a bit over the top and way over priced. Very easy walk to all the fun in Gatlinburg!
Unit was a 1 bedroom and very comfortable etc.
We ate out for all meals but it was still nice to have kitchen stuff - we are fussy about coffee and brought our own beans, grinder and French Press. It allowed us to have our favorite coffee in the morning.
Got to watch NCAA basketball tournament with no problems!
Hope to go again!

Room Tip: Be firm with time share sales...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I am really happy to hear y’all had such a “great time” 19watson! Sometimes our people can be a little passionate when sharing our ownership options with our guest. I hope ya’ll will come back and see us soon. Let me know what we can do to insure your expectations are meet. I promise we will work very hard to do just that. Thanks for staying with us. Don Ward
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just returned from a girl's trip to Gatlinburg. The Holiday Inn Vacations Club was the perfect place for a group of 5 ladies to stay. We were in a two bedroom unit with a full kitchen and two full baths. Check in was easy, the front desk clerk was very polite, and we were in our unit within 15 minutes of our arrival. The unit was clean and neat with flat screen TV's in the living area and both bedrooms. There was a dining table that sat 6, a full size sofa/bed, and two upholstered chairs in the main living area, a king bed and whirlpool in the master BR and a queen and double bed in the 2nd BR. There was more than adequate room for a party of 5 or 6. The location was great! We were just a 4-5 minute walk to the Main Street and focal point of activities. All we had to do was walk out the front entrance and walk straight down the street ( about a block and a half) and we were in the center of all the activities. (After noting the location of other hotels, this was one of the best. ). The property was very family friendly, but not noisy . There were balconies if you wanted to relax and take in the scenery and it felt very safe. There are PLENTY of eateries both there in Gatlinburg and a few miles down the road in Pigeon Forge. Cheddars Restaurant in Pigeon Forge was great! Good food at a reasonable price. If you want a nice clean condo style suite with comfortable beds, a full kitchen and a great location you will like this Holiday Inn. We definitely plan on staying there on our next visit.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor (8) to get best view. Book early if you want the mountain views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you and the “girls” for choosing to stay with us, 705phillygirl. I am excited that my team and property were able to meet your expectations. On your next trip ya’ll need to make sure to try the “pain killer” at Cheddars if you have not already yum! Yum! Let us know what expectations you have of your next trip and I promise we will work very hard to meet and exceed them as well, safe travels. Don Ward
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The stay was great but what was better was the maintenance man was able to satisfy any request! Not to mention, he was great eye candy! I'm sure his name was Ralph so when you go, ask for Ralph. He will do anything you need!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night, as this was a stop on our way home. I wish it had been for longer. The welcome we received was great and the advice about places to go and things to see was really useful.

The room was wonderful - a villa with a lovely king bed, huge bath, full kitchen and living room. We slept well and enjoyed the comforts on offer.

Parking was easy and the location was good for walking to the main attractions. Unfortunately the WIFI doesn't work too well in all areas of the villa, but that is my only very small niggle and didn't affect my overall stay.

I would love to go back!

• Stayed April 2014
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for staying the one night with us Flossloss, I am happy to hear ya'll enjoyed it so! I hope ya’ll will consider coming back and enjoying my beautiful Smoky Mountains. We will work very hard to make it a vacation experience you will never forget, and hopefully you will fall in love with this area as much as me, and we will see you and your family over and over. I apologize about the Wi-Fi we will get right on improving the signal strength. I hope to see ya’ll again soon. Don Ward
Orange, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was very disappointed with the room decor that they had changed out. It no longer reflected the atmosphere of being in the Smokey Mountains. That is one of the things that sold us on this hotel when we bought the timeshares. It used to truly reflect being in the Smokey Mountains and always had a comfy coming home kind of feeling. The new deor was nice and modern but definitely did not go with the mountains. : (

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
SherriD, I am really sorry that the updated room décor fell short of your expectations, going forward please let me know your opinion of what I can do to bring back the ”comfy coming home feeling” for you :as that is how I want each and every one of my guest especially my owners, to feel each and every visit. I am all ears and look forward to seeing y’all again real soon! Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!