“The Perfect Vacation Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tampa, Florida
“The Perfect Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club for a week. Prior to this visit we always stayed in a cabin. I was disappointed we were not staying in a cabin on the way to Gatlinburg, but when we arrived to the resort I was very happy. I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness and odors. This resort is absolutely spotless. It is not only neat and clean, but it smells wonderful, everywhere. There was not one staff member that I ran into that didn't treat me like I was their best friend. The staff could not do enough to make us happy. We called the front desk looking for a larger pan to bake a ham in, within minutes a new pan was delivered to our door. Anything we needed they could not get to us fast enough. We traveled from Florida to Gatlinburg and the trip was well worth it. I highly recommend this resort, not only because of the friendly staff, but it is also centrally located to everything. We will return again!!!! Is Christmas to soon? LOL

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom unit that overlooked the brook and the mountains, I highly recommend this view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello, Michelled.
Thank you for your review of our resort and your experience staying with us. I apologize for such a late response. I want to assure you that your comments where read when we received them and any corrective actions where made if needed. I promise that we will continue to work very hard striving to meet the highest expectations that our guest have become accustom to while staying with us. I hope to see you and your family again as your travels bring ya’ll back to our beautiful Smoky Mountains and the surrounding area. Don Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Raleigh, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel has basically good rooms/units..they are converted from another time share and they are quite well appointed. They are not as nice as the Holiday Inn units in Myrtle Beach but still quite attractive. They are on a hill a few minutes from the main street/parkway in Gatlinburg.
While the accommodation is pretty good the service was not the same standard that I have had at other Holiday Inns in the last year.
We were woken up at 4am by there laundry truck picking up the laundry. This went on for half an hour and ruined out nights sleep. I called the manager about this and they had the service change the time for the other two nights we were there.
What really annoyed me about this was that when we checked in we asked for a room in a quiet location. The desk clerk immediately said they were all the same. This did not ring true but I did not argue with her. She just could not be bothered to consider the request. What is her job??? She could have at least looked for a unit in a side of the building not facing the parking lot etc. But she could not care. Sad.
The main TV channel watch -- channel 39 on there system --- did not function the whole three days we were there. We called but no one responded.
Also, BEWARE the high pressure time share presentations -- the supervisors are very unpleasant.
So this "resort" may be fine for a family but is not for the discerning traveler.

Room Tip: Not facing the parking lot/garbage bins etc.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello, Neilmj
Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Club Vacation Smokey Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN for a couple days and we had a very nice stay. We paid using our debit card which caused a security deposit or hold on our account of $115. I was anticipating this being refunded to our account immediately, but was informed it could take a week or so to happen, but still thought everything would be fine. Well due to being on vacation and spending money here and there in addition to our regular bills, here I am still 2 days away from payday and with a negative balance in my bank account! This hasn't happened to us in 3 years so by this time I am feeling a little anxious. Also knowing I have 2 checks that are expected to go in tomorrow. I called my bank thinking they could do something since I have been with them for so long, but they said I would need to call the hotel and they would have to call the bank and they would issue a temporary credit to my account until the actual credit went through. I was a little discouraged to hear that as I hate to inconvenience anyone, but desperate times call for desperate measures! I then reluctantly called the Gatlinburg location with no idea how I was going to ask the worker at the front desk to call MY bank for ME so they could credit MY account that I irresponsibly got into a negative balance. A man named Ron answered the phone and without hesitation said he would do it and asked for the phone number to my bank. It was amazing. I had also just got off work from my 9am-9pm shift and didn't get in touch with him until about 9:45pm. I work in customer service and I appreciate a hassle free experience, because I give my customers the best treatment and when I don't get that in return from places it really makes me rethink using that particular company ever again. He even called me back a few minutes later to let me know that my bank said the credit will be there tomorrow. The lack of hesitation Ron had to helping me was extremely impressive! He went above and beyond! The room was very nice and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello,
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My sister in law and I have gone every late Oct for the last 4 years to this resort. We go as Leaf Peepers and have been rewarded with wonderful weather and gorgeous leaves every time. The staff is always extremely helpful and courteous. They answer our questions about places around town and sights to see so pleasantly, even though they must hear it a hundred times a day.
Our rooms met all our expectations and we appreciated that they called to confirm that fact not long after we got there. Having the washer and dryer in the room is a real plus for us.
We are close enough to walk to downtown and always enjoy the annual Halloween festivities. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. And we are already booked there for next year!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello, Lammarcie2
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Poor customer service, did not know that I was to wash my own towels. When I ask Ron ( desk clerk) for a set of fresh towels...he was very rude and tlold me the unit has a washer and a single packet of soap. " this is a timeshare not a hotel". I said "really". Then Ron told me he COULD get me a fresh set of towels, that was two hours ago...still no towels. Please do not waist your time here,rooms need work,neighbors are loud, huge waist of vacation time. So sad, Holiday Inns are normally much better.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had to experience such a negative interaction with Ron, this will be addressed, I assure you! As you and I discussed yesterday morning, 11/11/13, once you made me aware of the situation within 15 minutes of our conversation, there were 2 Housekeepers and our Maintenance Supervisor in your unit to address your room concerns.
At Check-in each guest is given a Welcome Card that states…
How May we best serve you?
We want to help make your stay with us as memorable as possible.
Please contact the Resort Services Team at ext.0for help with any request, issue or questions . Feel free to contact me directly as well.(edited)
Don Ward
Office: number given
Cell: number given
Home: number given
I truly wish you would have called me on the night of 11/10/13 so I could have corrected the situation immediately. That is why I provide my home number and my cell number.
Don Ward
ocean springs, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We found the staff very friendly AND HELPFUL with all requests. We hosted some friends for the weekend and prepared meals in the condo. the kitchens were well equipped. It would have been helpful to have a list of kitchen equipment on the website so I wouldn't have brought things from home. Grilled out on one cold night and asked that the heaters around the grills to be turned on which was done before we got down to the grill area. We were watching several football games on Saturday and with the 3 TV's in the 2 bedroom condo there wasn't an issue. We will be back next year but a little earlier so we can enjoy the colorful fall leaves a little more.

Room Tip: We liked sitting on the balcony on the back side listening to the creek and watching the zipline fo...
Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Who would give a obviously tall person a handicap accessible room without telling them. Went into the bathroom to freshen up and was wondering why the mirror over the sink was so low......I could barely see my mouth. Further observations made it clear that it was indeed a handicap accessible room. I called guest services and spoke with a person who identified himself as Ron about changing to a different room and his response made it clear that he was annoyed by my request... "I'll see what I can do" he finally said. His being annoyed was clearly evident by the room we were given.....our view was the linen/trash area of an adjacent building. My husband went back to guest service and requested another room......finally after almost two hours since we arrived, we have a room that we can use. Needless to say, we will not return to this resort. Customer Service is more than the words you printed in your little packet that you hand out......true Customer Service is the spirit and "Action" behind those words!

• Stayed November 2013
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
MJCliah, I hate to hear that your arrival to our resort was so rocky. I, as well as Ron, am sorry and somewhat perplexed that you perceived him as being annoyed. Once you called back to the front desk he confirmed that you were in fact in a handicapped unit, apologized stating that he would see about getting you another unit immediately which he did. I am not sure how what was said or the tone it was said gave you the impression that he was annoyed. As to being put into the second unit due to him being annoyed, he moved y’all to a 05 unit; our most requested 1 bedroom due to the private entrance, with a view of the Space Needle and downtown Gatlinburg, not another properties linen/trash area. In the spirit of Customer service and delight, again, once your husband made him aware that you desired a different view Ron moved you to your present unit. I sincerely hope that the remaining part of your stay with us meets your expectations and if you should need anything during your stay simply let us know and we will immediately take action to try and meet and even exceed your expectations. Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!