You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
Ranked #8 of 85 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cambridge
“One off Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Over from England and visiting my son and daughter in law in Charlotte we decided to take a trip up to Gatlinburg for a couple of nights.

We booked a suite based on two bedrooms, one two queen size bed with a separate bathroom and one with a king size bed with the bath in the bedroom!? And a good sized lounge with a gas fire and some very comfortable chairs plus other table and chairs to eat a meal at in a civilised manner.

Rooms were of nice size, with full kitchen which was well equipped, the only minor niggle was that even though book in was 16:00 we had to wait twenty minutes but as reported elsewhere the staff kept us entertained during our wait.

It is within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg but be aware, it is an eight to ten minute walk back up the hill quite steep (as befits a road up to the mountains), which at the end of a long hard day walking it is quite a relief to get back up to the hotel.

No on site catering beyond a never ending supply of coffee and a small shop supplying the basics for use in the kitchen.

It is a holiday hotel and people do expect to use the facilities, which were for us sufficient, although the out door pool did look as if it could do with a bit of clean but that should not detract from the overall image of a team of people polite and friendly who appeared to be working hard to please customers who sometimes did not seem to want to be pleased.

All in all just right for our purpose which was somewhere to stay to get a taster of the region.

Room Tip: Aim high the view down over Gatlinburg is stunning
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello Cliver 2029, I am glad y’all had such a good time with us! We tried to create an experience of swimming in one of our local river swimming holes at our outdoor pool. We finished the bottom of the pool with a brown glass beaded material called Jewel Scapes , that has color variations, which is normal , giving the appearance of the “river bottom”. I assure you the pools are very clean. I want to thank you for noticing how hard my team try’s to please ALL of our guest ALL the time. I hope y’all will come back and see us next trip to see your son and family , bring them with you. Don Ward

Fort Walton Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Gatlinburg Holiday Inn is the perfect destination for anyone who plans to be on the go in the Gatlinburg area. I have stayed in Holiday Inn's all across the country as an Elite Member, and I can say that my experience with the staff here was different from any other location. As long as this isn't the standard I will continue to visit Holiday Inns.

The room we had was quite nice with a well equipped kitchen, which was extremely handy since the resort doesn't not include a restaurant or lounge. The mountains are the focus, and there are nice views, from some rooms. Our room had a balcony that we could stand on to enjoy a view and if we wanted to sit we could pull back the curtains and still see part of the view while sitting in the living room. The center of the complex sports a wet area pool and hot tub surrounded with plants for a tropical feel. The surrounding buildings and vegetation makes it a challenge to keep the pool clean, but it looked like they tried.

There must be better places to stay.

Room Tip: No room service. No restaurant . No bar.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FWB_Foodie
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello FWB-Foodie I have sent you a private message in hopes to obtain the information I need to correct the experience you had with my staff. I look forward to your response. Don Ward
DENHAM SPRINGS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Sofa bed broken beyond repair. No one came out until midnight the day I called on it. 2 broken rocking chairs. Large stains on carpet. No one seems to want to get back with me. We stayed 3 nights and the last night was the only night we could use the sofa bed!!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ROBERTA S
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just checked into this hotel. My mother and I were coming to gatlinburg /Pigeon Forge area for one night and my Uncle lets us use his points to stay. We have done this several times over the years at Holiday Inn and never had a problem before . However at this hotel they asked my mom for her drivers license and a credit card in case of damages to the room . Which was fine but this has never been asked of any other holiday inn since we are staying on points. They already charged her card $115 deposit which will be refunded if no damages are found when we check out oh and it will take 7 to 10 days to get the money back !!! Noone informed us of this when the reservation was made oh and also we were told to come back in a few minutes to get parking pass which I'm sure is when they are gonna try to sell us the timeshare !!! Not happening !!! This hotel sucks as far as customer service goes!!!

• 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Amanda4530
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello, Amanda 4530
Thank you for your review of our resort and your experience staying with us. I apologize for such a late response. I want to assure you that your comments where read when we received them and any corrective actions where made if needed. I promise that we will continue to work very hard striving to meet the highest expectations that our guest have become accustom to while staying with us. I hope to see you and your family again as your travels bring ya’ll back to our beautiful Smoky Mountains and the surrounding area. Don Ward
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place! This was our families second visit to this hotel and it was wonderful. You CANNOT beat this hotels location. You can walk to everything on the strip. This place is by far the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed at. The staff is EXTREMELY helpful and courteous. Everytime I passed an employee I was always greeted with a smile and a have a wonderful day or a I hope you enjoy your vacation! Thank you for making our vacation comfortable and amazing :-) We will be back :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamara C
Well welcome back Tamara H! It delights me so that ya’ll had such a great return visit! Did your momma come back with you this time? I hope all is well with your family. Now on your next visit make sure to let us know what your expectations are for that stay, because I truly mean it when I tell folks that we work very hard to not only meet our guest expectations but to exceed them time after time for your most recent stay and for the many many more to come! Hope to see y’all soon! Don Ward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times and have always had a great stay. This past time was even better. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. You always saw a smile on their faces. My three year old loved the parrot in the lobby. We will be staying here again and are looking forward to it!

• 5 of 5 stars
Hello and thank you TN wife! Your review is so appreciated as it speaks to the “heart” of my team! I can’t wait to see y’all back. When you do return make sure to contact me we will get your little one up to Parrot Mountain , talk about Parrot’s . Hope to see you soon! Don Ward
Stirling, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We chose this resort as our base for a week in The Smoky Mountains, and we really appreciated the flexibility of the accommodation, the space to relax, and the well-fitted kitchen. Our one-bedroom villa was well equipped, with its own washing machine/tumble dryer; for a longer stay it was really appreciated. It allowed us to be independent, yet all the resort facilities and services were there when we wanted them. With just over 100 units, the resort is the ideal size for a relaxing stay, and throughout our time there all of the staff whom we met were friendly and welcoming.

All of the services and amenities on the Parkway in Gatlinburg are easily accessible by walking from the resort, and it is only a short drive to some of the scenic highlights in The Smoky Mountains, including some of the most attractive trails.

The resort has a multi-level parking garage with lift access from all floors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Strathallan
Strathallow “Top Contributor”..WOW is all I can say it tickles me that y’all enjoyed your stay with us. The fact that you are a “Top Contributor” and have had such vast travel experiences and you give us such a nice review really makes me swell with pride for my great staff and teammates. We really do want to give each and every one of our guest the same experience y’all had. I wish you safe travels and hope they will bring you back our way again soon. We have plenty more beautiful trails for y’all to experience here in The Great Smoky Mountains area! Don Ward