“Second visit even better than the first :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Covington, Kentucky
“Second visit even better than the first :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place! This was our families second visit to this hotel and it was wonderful. You CANNOT beat this hotels location. You can walk to everything on the strip. This place is by far the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed at. The staff is EXTREMELY helpful and courteous. Everytime I passed an employee I was always greeted with a smile and a have a wonderful day or a I hope you enjoy your vacation! Thank you for making our vacation comfortable and amazing :-) We will be back :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Well welcome back Tamara H! It delights me so that ya’ll had such a great return visit! Did your momma come back with you this time? I hope all is well with your family. Now on your next visit make sure to let us know what your expectations are for that stay, because I truly mean it when I tell folks that we work very hard to not only meet our guest expectations but to exceed them time after time for your most recent stay and for the many many more to come! Hope to see y’all soon! Don Ward

567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times and have always had a great stay. This past time was even better. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. You always saw a smile on their faces. My three year old loved the parrot in the lobby. We will be staying here again and are looking forward to it!

• Stayed September 2013
Hello and thank you TN wife! Your review is so appreciated as it speaks to the “heart” of my team! I can’t wait to see y’all back. When you do return make sure to contact me we will get your little one up to Parrot Mountain , talk about Parrot’s . Hope to see you soon! Don Ward
Stirling, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We chose this resort as our base for a week in The Smoky Mountains, and we really appreciated the flexibility of the accommodation, the space to relax, and the well-fitted kitchen. Our one-bedroom villa was well equipped, with its own washing machine/tumble dryer; for a longer stay it was really appreciated. It allowed us to be independent, yet all the resort facilities and services were there when we wanted them. With just over 100 units, the resort is the ideal size for a relaxing stay, and throughout our time there all of the staff whom we met were friendly and welcoming.

All of the services and amenities on the Parkway in Gatlinburg are easily accessible by walking from the resort, and it is only a short drive to some of the scenic highlights in The Smoky Mountains, including some of the most attractive trails.

The resort has a multi-level parking garage with lift access from all floors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Strathallow “Top Contributor”..WOW is all I can say it tickles me that y’all enjoyed your stay with us. The fact that you are a “Top Contributor” and have had such vast travel experiences and you give us such a nice review really makes me swell with pride for my great staff and teammates. We really do want to give each and every one of our guest the same experience y’all had. I wish you safe travels and hope they will bring you back our way again soon. We have plenty more beautiful trails for y’all to experience here in The Great Smoky Mountains area! Don Ward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at the resort. However, Sometimes the service staff were easily distracted with coworkers when taking care of customers, and then didn't complete actions with customer standing in front of them. This was disrespectful. If I wasn't member I might not come back. Also our update meeting went well until we advised we didn't want to invest any more money, then they were done with us! If they want us to recommend program to others they need to treat current members better. Facilities are beautiful and convenient. Property next door (which they own for development) needs grounds to be maintained!

• Stayed September 2013
VmChaney, I am happy that y’all loved your stay and assure you that I will make sure that you are treated with much more attention by the staff. I apologize that you were given the perception that as an owner we were “done” with you. We appreciate the fact that you are an owner and always want to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us. Don Ward
Belfry, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the warm welcome at the front desk to the suites that make you never want to leave, this is an overall fantastic resort. The suites are decorated in rustic cabin theme and very spacious. Four kids, three adults fit just fine. We have also stayed here with neighboring units and the kids have just filtered back and forth which was very convenient. We have stayed in the winter, as well as the summer, and there are always very nice activities planned. The amenities are very nice, too. The location of the resort couldn't be better. Within walking distance of everything in Gatlinburg, right next to the convention center that usually has something going on. Overall, this is a great resort!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hey there AngelBevins, come on down we will find you a place to live! Thank you so much for sharing what sounds like a “fantastic” resort stay. I hope to see y’all again real soon. Remember to let us know your expectations and we will get right on trying to exceed them. I really appreciate you staying with us! Don Ward
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really liked this place, offers so much for guest to do! The crafts, dive-in movies, and just the over all interactions with you while you stay. I want to state that I will stay here again, the room was perfect for space and relaxing. Found myself wanting to stay in the room more than walking around in the horrible heat of Gatlinburg. On the other hand, I am a Assistant General Manager/Head Housekeeper of a Holiday Inn Express. And saying that, they need to work on the hair in the bathroom, there was food leftover in the freezer from a prior guest, and there is a little sign that states they checked under the bed (not so much). BUT... the major parts of a room where clean. The JACUZZI!!! Amazingly clean (I always travel with my own cleaning stuff for the Jacuzzi)!! The bed was nice and so was the kitchen. I am not trying to knock on the cleanliness by any means; just take that extra second for the fine hairs in the bathroom.
The other thing that was a MAJOR turnoff as a guest checking in was... checking in after midnight. I did not like the guys attitude about having to do check-ins. Kacey was not someone to represent this hotel. He could not answer any questions about the hotel, I had to ask for key card holders, and he was very short. He just kept stating he was security. I understand why you have security, but if he doesn't care about the brand Holiday Inn or the hotel in general you need someone there who can give a proper check in. Just because I came in after the front desk person left doesn't mean I should get a horrible check in. So if you plan on checking in late, be ready to be told to come to the desk in the morning for a proper greeting and the info about your stay. He couldn't even give me a parking pass for my car. I would say he needs some front desk training. Thank you to the amazing front desk staff for making my family feel at home, housekeeping for speaking every time I passed them, and your maintenance men for being so friendly. Every time I would pass an employee they would speak to me. GREAT FRIENDLY STAFF!!!!

Room Tip: High floor is amazing, I had a view of the strip. I was very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ChrisieG, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us! I hear you loud and clear concerning your late night check-in, that situation has been addressed and the needed corrections made. Anyone checking in afterhours should and can expect the same warm welcome as any other guest. Usually our housekeepers are spot on. I really hate that we overlooked the details of cleaning your unit. I promise we will be much more attentive on your next visit. I hope to see y’all again soon. Don Ward
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at two different resorts in Gatlinburg, but I must say this one is very nice, very comfortable, and would definitely go back again. The rooms are nice, large, clean. We absolutely loved this resort. The people at the check-in counter were very polite and friendly. I loved the location as well. We didn't have to drive to go shopping or eating. It was just a nice stroll, especially in the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello There Dee3291970, thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort. It humbles and motivates us any time we receive positive reviews from ANY of our guest, but when we hear from “Senior Reviewers” like you it really tickles us! I hope to see y’all again soon; and look forward to working very hard to meet your vacation expectations the next time and every time after that you stay with us. Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!