“Home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for this hotel for our two year anniversary. We was in awe as soon as we stepped in the door. Gorgeous atmosphere! The one bedroom villa was awesome. It was way more then what we expected. The one thing we loved the most was the front desk clerks when we checked in. Bobbie Jean and Ron were nuts. We never laughed so hard in our lives. my husband had to see a bear before we left and Bobbie Jean went out of her way to call our room when one was visual. I would give them 11 out of 10 for making us feel right at home. We will for sure go back to this place again. Awesome job guys.

• Stayed June 2013
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us LJsimpkins, oh and happy 2nd Anniversary, I wish ya’ll many more! I am so happy to hear that Bobby Jean and Ron were able to make it a life time memory! That is our goal here, to exceed ALL guest expectations and send them away a part of our Resort family for many years to come. I hope to see ya’ll real soon and for sure on your 3rd Anniversary. Don Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were here in Gatlinburg for a week and really enjoyed our stay here at the Holiday Inn resort. We had a two bedroom which was very spacious with kitchen and washer and dryer. The staff was there when we needed them and were very friendly. The street we were on is walking distance to everything yet quiet. An added plus is the Log Cabin Pancake house right across the street which was very good. I recommend staying here, I was sad when it was time to leave.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I can honestly say Adri42 that it tickles me to hear you were “sad”…to be leaving! That is exactly what we strive for is to meet you as a guest, and send you home as a friend that we hope to see time and time again! Thanks for the review. Don Ward
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked this vacation because of being offered a special deal for going to the time share presentation. We own a timeshare w/Diamond, but if we didn't we probably would have bought here. Front desk personnel were amazing, especially Bobbie Jean, she was amazing. If I had a hospitality business I would hire her, she's very knowledgeable and so incredibly funny as well as sweet. We were in room 803 and we loved it. We could see the street and what was going on in the city, but we could also see the mountains. We didn't have anyone above us and only had a neighbor on 1 side. I am over the top picky about cleanliness and this place was very clean to my suprise. My kids loved the pool and the pool hours are wonderful. Can't say enough great things about this place. Also, the timeshare presentation was anything but high pressure!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: I really wanted a mountain view room and was disappointed when we were told they didn't have any...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hey Acke 94, Leave my people alone…I already hired Ms. Bobby Jean! I could not agree with you more she is a jewel!! I hate that we were not able to accommodate your view request. The next time you come stay with us make sure to let us know you want “Creek side” at the same time you make the reservation and we will do everything possible to get it for you. Hey did you know that you can use RCI here? I hope we will see ya’ll again soon; I promise we will work very hard to make your next stay even better. Thanks for the review. Don Ward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed two nights in a one bedroom with my husband and two young kids. Worked out well as the kids had a sleeper sofa to use. The room was very comfy and roomy. Everything appeared to be new. The resort was walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg or you could catch the trolley right out front. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Lbaker3366, Thanks for the review. I am very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here in Gatlinburg. I hope ya’ll will make visits back to Gatlinburg part of your family traditions as so many others have over the past decades! I appreciate ya’ll staying with us while here in the beautiful Smoky Mountains and hope to see ya’ll again real soon.Don Ward
Lowell, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Althought we have been to Gatlinburg several times, this is our first time staying at this place. We didn't realize it was a "Time Share" type property when we booked it. When we first arrived, the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking is inside, off the street, and free.

It was when we got to our room that the WOW factor hit us. Our room was a beautiful, 1 bedroom apartment, complete with full kitchen and laundry, large whirlpool tub and shower, king size bed, fireplace, and balcony.

We were asked (very politely) if we had time on our visit to listen to a time share presentation in exchange for $100 restuarant vouchers, but we declined. We did not feel pressured into attending their presentation.

We would definitely book here again. TIP: Book all the days you need, as it fills up quickly.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony. No need to ask.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking your time to review your stay with us dmheaps! I am tickled you had such a good time and that you choose to stay with us! I am really proud of our facility and our whole staff work very hard to keep it well maintained and clean. But I honestly want ya’ll to call me on your next trip and give me the chance to “wow” you as much with my “people” as you were with my facilities. I promise we will work very hard to exceed your expectations every time! Don Ward
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a timeshare/condo type property. The accommodations are very spacious and well equipped. Units have views of surrounding mountains and the town. The pool area is very nice as are the gym facilities. The staff are very accommodating and helpful with tickets to events/shows and how to get around. The location is only a couple of short blocks from downtown Gatlinburg and the shuttle bus stops right out front (although is does not run as often as indicated). Overall this is a beautiful property and would be recommended, especially for an extended stay or vacation week.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit on the side overlooking Gatlinburg and the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WOW! bentnl (Senior Contributor). Thank you so much for your review. I take it as a great honor and accomplishment that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is obvious that you get around, in a good way of course, being a senior contributor. I and my whole staff really do try very hard to tend to ALL of our guest needs and exceed their expectations while doing so. I hope ya’ll will choose to stay with us again when your vast travels bring you back to the Smoky Mountain area. Don Ward
Dayton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our vacation at the Holiday Inn Club in Gatlinburg. We have stayed there many times. The accommodations are excellent and are really a condo. We stayed in the 2 bedroom. We used the good sized kitchen to cook our meals and I even grilled out at the grills next to the pool. Our kids enjoyed the pool, sometimes twice in a day. The pool has been updated with an attractive new surface. The entire complex is updated regularly to keep it looking good. We especially enjoyed the planned activities the resort offers such as the guided hike in the national park, making crafts and taking pictures holding macaws. Misty is the activities director and does an excellent job. The other staff from the front desk to the maintenance and cleaning people are friendly and provide an overall good experience. They all contribute to a satisfying stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get a room on the creekside of the building to hear Leconte Creek roar.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hello GPLDayton, Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! I guarantee you that Ms. Misty and the whole staff’s passion is to provide ya’ll with the remarkable experiences that you had each and every time you stay with us. I hope to be see your family here when you have grandchildren and they have grandchildren. I appreciate that you choose to stay with us! See you soon. Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!