“Nice but over priced...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Princeton
“Nice but over priced...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our villa was beautiful and clean, no problems there. However, I expected a little more for the $500 I paid for two nights. They do not offer housekeeping daily, there was no breakfast, and check out is a strict 10am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello Alis 780,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad that upon your arrival you found your villa in order and clean, and that you liked the new “refurb” that we just completed. I am sorry that we did not do a better job of explaining our property prior to your arrival, as you noted we are not a typical Holiday Inn Hotel, we are a timeshare condo resort with 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished villa type units. Please feel free to contact me directly, as I am anxious to hear any suggestions as to how I can improve the value of your stay with us. I really do want to exceed not just meet your expectations each and every time you stay with us. I hope you will return again soon. I appreciate you staying with us.

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Waterville, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Friendly, very helpful staff, in a 7-story hotel resort with indoor heated pool and hot tub as well as outdoor pool. Relatively new building (2005, I believe) with 1 and 2 bedroom "villa" style units, many of which, if not all, have beeen recently very nicely redecorated. Full kitchens, washer/dryer, dishwasher in all units. Two bedroom suites have two-person whirlpool tubs. All units have small decks; those on back side of building have nice view overlooking a small creek.
Well-maintained; well-stocked; exceptionally clean; outstanding staff.

Room Tip: Highest up (i.e., floors 8, 9, 10) on back side overlooking creek are best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Mr. Fred L,
Thank you so very much for your comments about your stay! As a staff we strive to meet all Guest expectations of their stay with us and try very hard to exceed them. Yes all of our 1 and 2 bedroom units have been redecorated. Please come back and see us again real soon and let me know what I can do to “WOW” you enough to get that fifth dot colored in. I really do appreciate ya’ll staying with us.
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a wonderful place to vacation, whether busy family or laid-back Senior citizens. Staff at this resort are very friendly and helpful; and Floyd(maintainence) came to fix any problem within minutes. Location is close to stores, good restaurants and downtown sights. Our room (2-bedroom) was ready upon our arrival , clean and inviting. Beds were so comfy, we truly enjoyed our sleeptime. Resort activites are good for children, except the moonshine tasting!
This was our second stay at this resort, and we couldn't be more grateful to the staff for adding to our delightful time in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Carol G
Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments. I am delighted that ya’ll enjoyed your stay so much! Floyd is great, I must agree, he is one of many of us that truly want to meet all of your expectations of your valuable vacation time when you are a guest with us!! I promise we will continue to work very hard to do everything possible to insure that you have no problems on your 3rd stay, and the many more, hopefully, after that. We hope to see ya’ll again real soon.
Crestwood, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My travel party included my husband, daughter, mother, father, niece, and myself. We had booked 2 activities prior to arrival, so we were on somewhat of a tight schedule to get to where we needed. Upon arrival, although we had paid for one night and proceeded to pay for another night, we were required to pay a security deposit of $115. We did this, but we were required to go to another desk to obtain our parking pass. I will say that the non-sales desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Little did we know that at the desk where we were sent to get our parking pass a salesperson were staffed to pitch a 90 minute seminar that we could attend and receive $100. This was something that we were unable to do with our activity schedule, but our parking pass was held by the salesperson until we would either commit or decline. When I said I would have to talk with my husband who was waiting in the car, the salesperson appeared miffed, and said she would be calling us later. This was a 20 minute inconvenience as we had tickets at Dixie Stampede that evening. The room was beautiful. You must take your room towels with you to swim and clean up the room before checkout, no room service. If you run the jacuzzi, you will not have hot water for the rest of the night, which was inconvenient as we had 6 people in our party. Overall, nice room, with some inconveniences and be prepared for a sales pitch.

Room Tip: We chose a family suite, which had plenty of room for 6 people. Don't run the jacuzzi, it will t...
Hello J walker,
I appreciate you taking time to share your comments, but it really makes me sad that you did not have the experience me and my staff had hoped to deliver. I truly apologize for the miss communication on our part about the security deposit. I assure you that I will make sure that ALL of our booking engines have that information properly displayed on all conformations as they are supposed to. Yes, you are correct we do not have a daily housekeeping, as many people do not have need of it with the washer and dryers being in every unit, however I understand you may not want to do laundry on vacation so we will be glad to bring you extra towels. There is no need for any guest to feel that they have to clean their room prior to leaving, we employee Master Corp to clean our rooms with their award winning 7 Step cleaning process after each check-out.
The thing that really upsets me is the Vacation Station Lady appearing “miffed”. I sincerely apologize for this and promise you that there is no request from our guest that we do not take as highest priority, and you should have never felt like it “miffed” us to be of service, no matter if you went on tour or not,
Feel free to contact me personally on your next visit and I will make sure that you have none of the check-in delays, as I do hope to see ya’ll again soon.
Boaz, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

KISS- I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Gatlinburg. The whole staff is so pleasant, it made me feel like a OGRE! Bed slept GREAT. Easy downhill walk downtown.. Not so easy back up the hill, LOL. This was our second stay this year. Can't wait to get back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Idabobster,
First off it tickles me that ya’ll had such a good time staying with us ; however I must admit that when we make a short list of adjectives that we want for our guest, ecstatic, extremely satisfied ,delighted, Raving Fan, Champion,.. OGRE did not make the list. Now if this is what we need to do to exceed your expectations the next time ya’ll come to stay with us we will call you, Mr. Shrek, ;). Seriously I look forward to hosting ya’ll again real soon. Thank you for your comments
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Seventeen of us gathered for a family reunion - rented out 3, 2-bedroom condos. Each of us felt the rooms were very clean, new tvs, kitchens fully equipped, and we cooked almost every meal due to allergies. The location was great for our teens who wanted to walk to the shops in town - very safe. Yet, the street the hotel is located on is very quiet. Our balcony view was beautiful. Definitely request the mt side view. Great location for picking up the hiking trails. Our kids loved the outside hot tub. The staff was on-hand 24-7. No request was too small or annoying. We declined to sit through a presentation, and we weren't asked again during our stay. We would go back in a heart beat!

Ms. Marcia O,
I am glad ya’ll enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did, and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I cannot agree more, there is never a guest request to small and never annoying to us. That is precisely the reason I supply all guest with my personal contact information at the time of check-in. I promise to do all I can to insure your vacation stay is a great experience time after time!
The Mountain/Creek side view is my personal favorite as well. We hope we hope to see you and the whole crew back real soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our 3 night stay and loved the accommodations. Our 1 bedroom villa with full kitchen and sleeper sofa and porch that over looked a creek was very comfortable and roomy. A bonus was the excellent in room Massage Service provided by Mr. Roger Bailey licensed massage therapist. He was professional and very thorough providing the best massage I ever had. Truly an asset to the Resort . Overall I give an Excellent rating of 5 to the staff and to Mr. Bailey for such a pleasurable experience during our Spring Break Gatlinburg,Tenn. holiday get away. Would recommend others to stay here and have as good a time. Thank for your great Customer Service.

• Stayed April 2013
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
TA Sullivan, your comments make my job of responding very difficult, as I am told to keep it short and sweet; however I could gush on and on about how tickled I am that you would recommend us the way you do. That is after all our main focus for ALL guests. I can’t agree more about Mr. Roger Bailey we call him the King of Relaxation. I hope to see ya’ll again real soon.

Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!