“Great stay and nice view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great stay and nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Checked out this place on tripadvisor prior to our visit last week and the hotel lived up to our expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The gas fireplace came in handy too. I had asked for a room with a creek view prior to our arrival and they did not disappoint.The only negative issue was the pressure I felt from the sales staff to attend an owners meeting. Actually the hotel is not the only place that tries to sell condos as we would come to discover on our first day on the main drag in downtown. Seems like every other spot contained someone trying to offer you $100 to attend a sales meeting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Kenny W, thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay with us aside from the pressure you felt to attend the sales presentation. Please remember that no matter how much pressure you feel is coming from our marketing team, the presentation is optional and never intended for you to feel as though you have to attend. I'm glad we were able to honor your request of the creekside unit. I always tell people to call us ahead of time so that we can get you what you want. I'm glad to see you took advantage of that so we could start your vacation experience off postively. Thank you again and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort in Gatlinburg for the first time on March 19 and 20, 2013. We had a wonderful time there. The staff was friendly. The accommodations were very nice. Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Was within walking distance of downtown Gatlinburg and shops and restaurants. Also, enjoyed an in room massage from Roger Bailey. Definitely will be going back there and giving Roger a call!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back to visit with us again. We want to always exceed your expecations and provide you with the best vacation experience possible. I'm glad you were able to see that when you called Roger for your massage. Roger has been a tremendous added ammentity to our resort, and does a great job for our owners/guests. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

First time in Tennessee, was beautiful very family friendly, smokey mountains are awesome if you like hiking,skiing this is the place to try. Lots to do. We stayed at Holiday Inn Smokey Mountain resort very nice and walking distance to the Main Street with shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Kitty182, thank you for staying with us. I turst that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will continue to make us your lodging choice for many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Our goal is to exceed your expectaions so that you and your family can have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I took a 10 day vacation to Tennessee at the end of Feb, and our last 4 nights were spent at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club in Gatlinburg. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which had a few negatives, but was overall positive. First, the bed was very comfortable (a bit firm) and BIG, which we love. The bath/shower was huge (a soaking jacuzzi tub actually). In front of the cozy fireplace was my favorite place to be, since it was in the high 20's when we were there. The full kitchen was great, and I stocked up on some staples for breakfast the first night, only to discover the next morning that there were no pots or pans to cook my eggs in, so I microwaved them in a bowl, eh. The balcony was small, but perfect for two with rocking chairs, although our view was not a good one (facing the street and the ugly motel across the way). The washer/dryer was a bonus that I took advantage of since we were here on the end of our trip. The first few nights were quiet and peaceful. However, our last night there was a large youth convention that came through, and we got some new neighbors (I'm assuming unsupervised teens) who were up screaming, running, and slamming doors until 1:00 in the morning. I was about to call the front desk and complain when they finally fell silent. I'm not exaggerating, the noise was absurd! We could even hear people walking on the street. I cannot imagine how upset I would have been if this had taken place the entirety of our stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when asking for advice, and at check in/out. Overall, the hotel was beautiful, and very clean. I would stay again, but only during slow periods (early Jan/Feb). I would not run the risk of not being able to get a good night's sleep during busy times. Also, I would try to arrange for a better view, after all, it is the Mountains. Also, the location of this hotel is GREAT! It is within walking distance of everything, and while you're walking do not pass up the pancake house across the street, it is Amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, with the exception of the noise above you. Please know that anytime you have issues we want to be made aware immediately so that we can take care of it. I don't want your vacation experience tranished for any reason. We always keep noise complaints anonymous, but we want to address those as quickly as possible so that you can continue a great vacation experience. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked a 2-night weekend stay here to celebrate my wife's birthday through the Priority Club website. We live only a couple of hours away, but enjoy a weekend in Gatlinburg on occasion. When checking in, the desk clerk went through her drill like a well-trained soldier and when she advised that an additional $115-hold would be placed against my credit card for circumstantial charges (we both have been Priority Club members in good standing for a long time), I was surprised since the first night had already been paid (not to a Holiday Inn but SMOKEY MTN RESORT OPKISSIMMEE FL as a timeshare) and we had a valid credit card for the second night. In addition, my reservation notice had made no mention of an additional hold upon check-in, or that this property was actually a timeshare. The desk clerk was not very customer-friendly when I questioned her about this and objected to my claims this was not made known upon my reservation.

Once we were done with the stiff clerk, my wife (I had already gone back to our vehicle in anger for the desk clerk's attitude) was directed to another person who tried to entice her into their special tourist deals. If you are a tourist, according to my wife, perhaps these "perks" might be worth it but we were not there for those lame attractions.

Our villa was very nice for Gatlinburg but relative to the price you'd pay for hotels in other locations (e.g., Key West or New Orleans), it's not a good deal. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy Gatlinburg but as semi-locals, this place is not worth a couple hundred dollars a night (nor an additional $115-hold on your credit card you weren't expecting). It is in a good walking distance to the main drag and restaurants, which is why I picked it while making reservations.

There was no maid service. We were, afterall, in a timeshare condo operating under the guise of a Holiday Inn. But, there were plenty of bath linens for the two nights. The view from our balcony pretty-much sucked so don't expect any spectacular view of the mountains here. If you like seeing the other "tourists" walking up and down Historic Nature Trail from your balcony, this place is for you!

Overall, we were not unhappy with this place, despite the check-in shock experience, until the last day, when we had been guaranteed a late check-out (12:00 noon, and this was the spring-forward weekend) by the brisk clerk upon our arrival. We were awakened by the hotel housekeeping banging on our neighbor's door and the argument that followed. We got up to get ready to leave when we had planned, but as we were doing so (imagine a couple being in the process of taking turns showering, with the wife first and the husband after) being interrupted by a banging on the door and a housekeeping guy trying to force himself into our room against the lame upper deadbolt found on most hotel rooms! Unbelievable!!! I called the front desk and "expressed" my displeasure with this since we were supposedly guaranteed a "late" checkout.

The desk clerk at checkout did apologize for the non-communication within their staff and assured me the additional $115 charge was removed. That didn't happen on my credit card until 4 days later. By the way, this "hotel" lets you know up front that the General Manager, Don Ward, welcomes phone calls to his cell or home during your stay if you experience issues (and loves those calls). We did not. Also, you will get a card from him upon check-in stating "After your visit, you may receive a survey. If you feel you would not be able to rate us the highest score in any way, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you during your stay to discuss how we can make your visit with us more enjoyable". I did to his front desk clerks. And by the way, I did get a review notice from Priority Club and it did not allow me to write a review when I clicked on it.....Hmmmmmm!

Please -- just be aware that this is a nice property for Gatlinburg and make sure of what you are making reservations for. This is NOT a typical Holiday Inn property!

Room Tip: Villas may border the street on the front of the property with no good view. External doors to all...
cary,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with fireplace villa on the creekside. We were a family of 4 adults and 3 children. The higher the floor the better views. We liked this location because we didn't have to pay for parking and we were very close to the town. The pool inside kept the kids happy. They also offer crafts, etc for entertainment. The only downside is when the front desk issues the parking pass they send you to another counter which is the vacation club sales desk. There was a very pushy lady there who wouldn't take no for an answer that we weren't interested in previewing the club.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor near the creek. Being higher up would have been better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello Lois D, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I truly hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will come back to visit with us again soon. I'm sorry that you felt our marketing representative as a little pushy. We don't want that feeling from any one that chooses to stay with us. I assure you that I have addresed your concerns with that department and we will utilize this opportunity for training. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Front Office Manager
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've owned at this resort for 7 years but this is the first time we've utilized it since it was bought by Holiday Inn. The rooms, pools, and workout areas look GREAT! They've recently refurbished the rooms and upkeep seems to have improved since we last visited. I didn't appreciate having my parking pass handed to me ONLY if we agreed to sit through an "informational presentation" AND being charged $30 automatically to my credit card just in case we decided to blow the meeting off. I know we haven't been here since Holiday Inn took over but, hey, I get emails, I get snail mail and I think I've got a handle on it, you know? Anyway, we went through the presentation and it wasn't a complete waste of time and we did get $50 to spend at some local restaurants, so thanks for footing the bill for a banging Long Island Tea marathon! Overall, I love the place, the customer service was impressive and with the explosion of new restaurants and shops nearby has made it an even more-attractive location. I'd definitely recommend staying here but if you can duck the sales pitch, do it!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good rooms but I like the 2-bedroom because it has a much bigger kitchen and a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for choosing to stay with us. From what I read, it sounds as though you enjoyed your stay for the most part. Our customer service approach is to provide you with the best vacation experience possible and if there is anything that we can do to make it better we want to know. I'm sorry your experience with our marketing department was as pleasent as you would have liked for it to be. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get some needed information out of it, but please know for the future that, while we reccommend it for all owners to attend, you do not have to feel obligated to go through the presentation. It is completely your choice and feel free to tell them you are not interested and they will not pursue you with the opportunity. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assitance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!