“Beautiful, comfortable, and clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Kentucky
“Beautiful, comfortable, and clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It rained the whole time we were in Gatlinburg, so we were very happy that the room was so great! We had a king suite, and it was beautiful and well appointed--kitchenette, fireplace and huge jetted tub. The lady that checked us in was so nice, and because of the rain and our late arrival she offered us a later check-out time. I don't believe there is a restaurant on site, but we went right across the road and had a delicious country breakfast. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay nor friendlier staff. A+++++

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubVacations, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello there, thank you for choosing to stay with us. While I hate that it rained on you the whole time, got to love that East TN weather, I'm glad to know that we made a great impression on you since you had to stay inside most of the time. We pride ourselves on our customer service and want our guests to see that we strive to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for staying wtih us and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Ocean Pines, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was the first time we had ever stayed in the area and found it to be a very interesting place to visit. The resort was very nice and we had no real problems. Of course, our owner update tour landing up going over the alloted time, but it was basically because we had a individual issue with our membership.
The resort is in a great location! It was easy to walk to "downtown" Gatlinburg. There was plenty of shops to visit and more restaurants than we had meals to eat. Just make sure you carry your drivers license at all times.

Room Tip: It would be better to ask for a creekview room. Our room overlooked the main road and we heard all...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello, thank you for making us your lodging choice for your first trip to Gatlinburg. I sincerley hope that you enjoyed your stay enough to want to come back again and again. One of the great things about Gatliburg is that we truly have 4 seasons to experience. The summer and fall months are espcecially my favorites. These are the best times that you can really enjoy what makes this area so great, the national park. I hope that you will come back and visit us in those months because it will only enhance your fondness of the area. I'm glad that you were also able to take advantage of the owners update while you were here. I hope that all your questions were answered and everything has been cleared up. If it hasn't please do not hesitate to call us. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The rooms here are great and the staff are always pleasant and helpful. The only part of the stay that I did not agree with was that they charge a $67 fee when you arrive for the maid services, but they only come by your room before you get there and after you leave. A little excessive I thought. And their recycling efforts leave MUCH to be desired. They only have three very small cans on the 6th floor for the entire resort. If you use the gas fireplace, you will notice the smell of gas when you leave and come back. Not sure if that is normal bc I've never had one before, but I think it might be. The location is great for walking to the strip and they also have a really reasonable shuttle that comes right by the resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello there, thank you for your review. I’m glad that you enjoyed the room and resorts location and it’s always great to hear that everyone at the resort was pleasant and helpful. While our recycling bins are limited here at the resort, Sevier County uses Sevier Solid Waste which separates everything at the compost site, so please know your efforts weren’t wasted. Upon your next stay with us please don’t hesitate to let us know of any concerns you may have, we appreciate and welcome the opportunity to fix any problems you may have during your stay with us. Thanks again and if I can be of any help planning your next stay please let me know.

Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great place to stay. Friendly, helpful staff. We had an issue with the ice maker, the maintenance staff not only promptly fixed the ice maker, they brought us a bag of ice! Great family atmosphere, hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed January 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Gatlinburg. I always love to see titles of reviews like yours. "Hospitality at its finest" is what we try and acheive every day. While I hate that you had issues with yoru ice maker, I'm glad that we were able to show you are promptness in getting it fixed as quickly as possible. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We traveled with my son and his young family to Gatlinburg,TN in December. They have a time share and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club. Check in was quick, the staff were really friendly and some even offered to help us with our baggage! Our son reserved a two bedroom villa which was AWESOME! Lots of space for two little girls with a lot of energy! The villa was super clean and one day I looked under the bed in the master bedroom to see a sign that said - yes we even clean under the bed. We had a few minor issues during our stay but the maintenance supervisor and his great staff fixed EVERY issue and even thanked us for calling! This place has an indoor pool/hot tub as well as a large outdoor pool and hot tub. They also have a fitness room, small game room, and activity room for kids. There is no restaurant on site but area restaurants are only a few block away. The complex is close to downtown Gatlinburg and we walked instead of paying for parking in town. All staff at this complex treat you like family and when I remember this vacation in the Smoky Mountains I will also think of the staff at the Holiday Inn - great people and southern hospitality with a smile! A special hi to Michael and Matt - your dedication and compassion really shows! I would recommend this complex to anyone staying in the Smoky Mountains and we will stay there again on our next trip to that area!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villas are really great! Ask for a room with a larger balcony!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hey there Mckatz thanks for staying with us. I’m glad to know that you and your family had such a great stay. I’m happy that our maintenance department was able to assist in correcting the minor issues in your room and I’m really excited to let you know that our 2013 renovation project is underway and I hope that you and your family will look forward to the updates here at the resort. Thanks again and if I can be of any help planning your next stay please let me know.

Front Office Manager
Cranston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just returned from a stay at Holiday Inn Club Vacations and the villa was layed out very nice and was clean. There was a couple of problems. The fire alarms kept going off during the night. Upon arrival the lady that gave us our parking permit was very inststant that I attend a meeting to get me to buy in. She just kept on after I said no. This really hit a nerve with me. Otherwise a good stay. Had problems connecting to the internet also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello, thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing a review about your stay. I will start off by giving you my most sincere apologies over the fire alarm. We addressed that situation as quickly as possible with less inconvienience as possible. I'm sorry to hear that you were annoyed with our Vacation Station team. Please know that they will always ask you to attend because it is a great opportunity to see a better side of our resort, but it is always your option to attend. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of any assitance please do not hesitate to contact me.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for my birthday. The facilities were tidy, the room was also clean and tidy. One problem we did encounter was the wi-fi connection. We were "disconnected" from the world initially. The next morning, still no wi-fi, the receptionist at the front desk upon checkin had given us the general manager's home phone and cell phone to voice any concerns or comments. I didn't think I would have to use the number, but I did. I called GM Don Ward and literally within 15-20, someone was knocking on the door to install a wireless router in the room. My wife and I are owners at Orange Lake, FL. When we checked in we were told that they could not compete with Florida's amenities but they make it up with hospitality and customer service. Not just lip service, they say it and they mean it. We will definitely be back, great leadership, keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for using your ownership to stay with us. I love, love, love to see your exact response. We provide you with Don's information and sincerly want you to use it if you feel it is needed. We always want the first chance to take care of any situation you have but we would rather you go to him if it means your vacation experience is being jepordized. I'm glad that even with a problem, our response to your situation still allowed you to have a great vacation experience. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!