“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   404 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

This was our 1st time to Tennessee. We were very pleased with the resort. The location was perfect. The rooms were like home not a hotel. They had kitchens fully equipped. Nice gas fireplace. Huge jacuzzi tub, washer & dyer which was nice because we packed lightly. We had in room massages by Roger Bailey which were awesome. The staff was always very friendly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Hi there Sue B, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our full service rooms. What is great about our rooms is you have the luxuries of your own home available to you. We will be completing a refurbishing of all our units in 2013 and I hope that you will come back again next year to see the exiting changes that are going to take place. I am also happy to hear that you took advantage of our newest ammentity in Roger Bailey. Roger came to us a few months ago and has made a great addition to our resort. He has enhanced the vacation experience for our guests through his profession. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway on behalf of Don Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Staff was very helpfull, polite, and friendly. They answered all questions and directions accuratet. We ask about food and places to go and they were very helpful in providing advise on where to go and where to avoid.

Room Tip: Better view from lower numbers ?01, ?02, ?03. Froor 5 is actually 3 above sidewalk good for watchin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Bill M, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. It seems, through your review, that you enjoyed your stay with us. I always love to hear comments about the staff that we have at Smoky Mountain Resort. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible so that you can have the best vacation experience possible. I hope that you will continue to stay with us on your trips back to Gatlinbur. Starting in 2013 we will be performing a complete refurbishing of all our units. We are excited about this change and hope that you will be just as excited to see it. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have a large family so we needed a place that could provide adequate space (and since we are on a budget), a place where we could cook a few basic meals to save some money. We didn't want a cabin because we wanted to be within walking distance of the attractions of Gatlinburg. So, we chose this property. The room was great; two bedrooms, two bathrooms, family room, dining area, kitchen, fireplace, etc. The kids loved their room. It had plenty of space for all of us and was clean and well-kept. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool which was another seller for us because we were going in October and wanted to allow the kids a chance to swim if the weather got cold. The loved the pool! In all, no major complaints with the room.

Be prepared for some timeshare pressure as it will be waiting for you when you check-in. My wife and I did decide to go through with the presentation which took about 2 hours. The representatives were very kind and very good at what they do so be ready. We did make a purchase of an additional vacation during the presentation. But, we were allowed the time to make a decision and although there was pressure, I felt it was reasonable.

My biggest disappointment was the day we checked-out. We decided that before we left Gatlinburg we wanted to spend the morning going up to Clingmans Dome so we packed up and headed up the mountain. We had a great time and I highly recommend you go to the dome if you can. It is beautiful. Our way back down wasn't so great. Our van broke down about 5 miles from the dome so we had to pull over and wait for help since we had no cellular service. After about 2 hours a young couple came along to help us and took my wife to an area with phone service. In total we were alongside the road in the mountains with no service for about 4 hours. It was well past dark before we made it back to Gatlinburg. I asked our driver to take us back to the Holiday Inn since our vehicle had to be towed to the dealership about 1.5 hours away. It was about 9:00p when we arrived back to the hotel. I attempted to tell the employee at the front desk about our experience to learn very fast that he had no sympathy for us having to sit alongside the road. He didn't ask if we were ok nor expresses his concern for us. I told him we were very tired and would love to get another room for the night before the next day's journey of trying to get back home. He looked at his computer and gave me a rate - the full rate. I asked if he could give us any type of discount since it was so late and our budget was almost depleted. He quickly said no and asked if I wanted the room. I was hoping he would get with a manager to see what he could do but he didn't. His decision was final. So, I said “I guess I can cram them in the Super 8 across the street” and started to walk away. He didn't say a word and allowed me to walk out. I was so disappointed; not because he didn't offer a discount but because he had no regard for what we had just been through and didn't even make an attempt to make us comfortable until we could figure out where to stay for the night. I mean, we had just checked out that morning from a five day stay on the property and were suddenly treated like strangers.

I wrote the hotel chain and received an email apology and was told it would be sent to the management of the property and hotel owners for review. I waited about a week and wrote back after I did not hear a thing and included my phone number. Priority Club wrote me back again and again apologized but said the hotel management didn't have to respond that they were acting as the mediator and that they could not doing anything about the price of the hotel. So, I wrote them back and told them they were missing the point and I received one last letter of apology. I have yet to hear from the property manager and/or owner.

In the end, the rooms are nice, clean, and the location is great. But, service is everything, especially when you need it most and unfortunately, this hotel let us down. I hope one day that they decide to call or write me directly from the property. All I really want is an apology and an invitation back to show us our business was appreciated and that the lack of regard we received the night our vehicle broke down was not how their guests should be treated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello Indiana_Birder, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your concerns through this avenue. We take all reviews very seriously and want to insure to you that your concerns are not going unnoted. First, I want to say that I am extremely sorry that you had a very disappointing ending to your visit in Gatlinburg. I know that is not how you intended for your, what seemed to be great, week end. I am glad that you had a pleasent experience through our sales presentation and throughout your initial stay with us. To address the issues that you had after your stay, I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of sympathy and customer service that my staff provided to you and your family. I want you to know that I, personally, take that to heart because that is not the image that I want established through our resort and the front desk. The gentelman that you reffered to in your review is no longer with us simply due to exactly what you stated. I want you to know that I do not take this lightly and I can be confident in telling you that the staff I have in place now genuinely cares about all of our owners and guests. I truly hate that you were left with an upleasent experience and I am sure that you will not have that experience in future visits with us. I also apologize for the miscommunication between the resort and IHG customer service. I did not recall seeing an email from them regarding your situation or you would have been sure to hear from me. I do not want you to think that we do not care about your situation because we do. I hate that you had to experience all that you went through and I can promise you that we will do everything within our abilities to make sure that, as the staff members, we will not be apart of any negative experiences through your future visits to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate contacting me here at the resort.

Elkton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family choose this resort because we needed enough space for 6 and wanted to be within walking distance to the convention center. We definitely made the best choice! Very nice and spacious 2 bedroom villa. Friendly staff and no pressure to attend vacation club presentation. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, game room and the bird in the lobby. We had trouble with our WiFi connection because we were at the end of the resort but when we notified the front desk they sent two guys right up to fix it! We had a nice view of the mountains and stream from our balcony. Will stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Hello April G, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you and your family will choose to spend many more trips to Gatlinburg with us. We are excited about the renovations that will take place next year and I hope that you will be just as excited to see them. I am glad to hear that our sales efforts were not a burden to you. We pride ourselves on being different in that regards from any other timeshare resort. We want you to feel that it is your choice to learn more about our resort and we always hope that you will but will never pressure you. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 night while he attended a trade show. The amenities in this holiday inn are luxurious. The full kitchen was everything you could want to cook a gourmet meal and everything was spotless. The management even provides paper towels, coffee, dishwashing and dishwasher detergent and even a single washing machine detergent. If we could have stayed longer the washer and dryer would have been convenient. The villa had been updated and was very pleasant, comfortable and relaxing with the wonderful fireplace and the huge Jacuzzi in the master bedroom. There were plenty of extra towels in each room plus towels for the pools. The hotel is convenient for walking to the main drag but far enough away to feel isolated. Every staff member I had contact with were polite and helpful. We were even recognized at check and received an upgrade for being a Priority Club Member. I would definitely recommend this property and will be staying there again. I am not a huge fan of Gatlinburg but will definitely plan another trip to visit the Smokies in 2013 and stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the creek.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello Laura0927, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you pointed out the ammenties that makes our property so great. I hope that you will be able to come back in the future to stay longer so that you can get the full experience of our rooms. I am also happy to hear that our staff was polite and treated you and your family great. It is always our goal to provide the best possible customer service so that it only enhances your vacation experience. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contace me.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed in one bedroom with husband for our anniversary. Great gas fireplace. Large jacuzzi in room. Granite in kitchen. Nice view. Property beautifully decorated for Christmas. Very nice indoor pool. Outdoor pool and hot tub. Staff were all friendly, especially Bobbie Jean who gave us a warm and friendly welcome at check in.

Great location in walking distance to everything.

Did not attend time share presentation and did not feel pressured to do so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello roadrider59, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. First off, I want to wish you a happy anniversary. I hope that it was a great one for you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will be coming to back to visit us again real soon. I was love to hear that one of our employees and a lasting impression on you as Bobbie Jean did. She has been a great addition to our team and I'm so glad to know that she assisted in making sure you had a great vacation experience. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I chose this for our 25th Anniversary. We were not able to stay in Gatlinburg for our honeymoon but wanted to be there this time. It was a nice room, gas fireplace, nicely equipped kitchen, jacuzzi tub, comfortable bed and respectable view. I didn't like the sales pitch for time share but they did accept our declining of the offer and didn't press it. They'l be updated rooms soon which should make it even nicer and the location is great. Maybe adding a restaurant on site would be good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there kirtl, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. First off, I want to congratulate you on 25 years of marriage. I am glad you chose to spend that milestone here with us and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us. As you pointed out we will be performing some renovations next year and we are all excited to see the new changes. I hope that you will be just as excited to come back and spend year 26 with us. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assitance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway on behalf of Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!