“Excellent Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
tennessee
“Excellent Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of October 12th - 14th. As was recommended by some of the other reviews on this property on tripadvisor, we asked for a room high up and got number 815. This was a villa, which basically means it was the 2 bedroom condo. This condo was excellent!. Very large and nicely appointed. The master bedroom had a king bed with jacuzzi, stand up shower and opened up onto the balcony. The condo had a dining room table, tvs, fireplace, full kitchen and a separate bedroom with two queen beds. The room looks exactly like the pictures on the holiday inn website sight. We avoided being given the "time share" pitch but I did see one group of people who were being asked to attend. The sales pitch to ask you to attend is when they send you over to get your "parking" pass. We were not given the sales pitch to attend mostly because my husband left the lobby without waiting for the pass.
In the room everything is very nice. They do give you a few in room items like a small packet of coffee, but if you are staying there longer than a night.. you should buy your own coffee and filters and creamer etc. However, they do offer coffee in the lobby. This is a vacation condo type situation and there is no "room service". They don't clean your room or pick up towels or anything like that. My husband and I were only staying for the weekend, so we didn't mind that. But, there is a full washer and dryer in the condo if you needed to wash towels etc.
One drawback to this condo is that the location is a little far away from the main street in downtown gatlinburg by approximately 400 yards, but I didn't mind that at all. Actually, it is quieter that way. The hotel is right across the street from the LogCabin Pancake House.
This was the nicest room we've ever had in Gatlinburg. I was in love with the layout of this condo, although the master king bed mattress seemed old. Great view of the mountain, balcony, loved the jacuzzi and lots of room! If you get the two bedroom, you can't go wrong! Just one more thing: A sign in the elevator said that they are going to be renovating January thru March of 2013 so you might want to watch out for that during those months.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up with a mountain view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Hello, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience with us. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad that you pointed out the location of our resort, while it is not directly on the strip, it sits back far enough to enjoy the beauty of this area without all the noise of the strip. The hill can be very deceiving, espcially after getting your belly full and taking in all of the shopping. You pointed out the poster you saw during your stay reflecting our renovation schedule. We are extremely excited about what 2013 has in store for us and we want everyone that has stayed and is thinking about staying to be just as excited about it. I hope that you will come back and visit with us again next year, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway on behalf of Don Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have not actually stayed at this property yet because we were scammed. We are priority club members. While my husband was booking a stay in a nearby city, he was offered the opportunity to stay at one of four different resorts for three nights for $199 and receive $100 back if we attended a "tour". He declined so the agent checked with her manager and asked if he would agree if the full $199 was refunded. He asked several questions to confirm the details and specifics and I pulled up the property online. It looked great so I agreed as long as that was where we would stay. He confirmed this with the agent, paid the $199 and was told we would receive more information by mail and email. Once we received the information, I looked over it, but did not read the fine print. When I called to schedule our trip, I was told that we would not be staying at the resort, only attending the tour presentation there. I told the agent that was not what we had agreed to and that I expected to stay at the resort as promised or have my money refunded which she of course refused. After being told no numerous times, I asked if I could upgrade to the resort. She said yes for an additional $400. I asked if this included the $199 we had already paid because I knew that I could book the resort that day for the same price. She said no that the $400 was additional. So I was being asked to pay $600 for a room that I could book for $400, attend a 2 hour "tour" and then get my original $200 back. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold and told by the same agent that the supervisor said no also. Stay far, far away from these scammers. I have contacted my credit card company to have the charges removed by this fraudulent company. We really wanted to stay at this resort, but we are so aggravated by this scam that we will probably go to another location this fall. Holiday Inn should be ashamed to allow these people to even mention their company. We are disgusted.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. While we are delighted to hear from all our customers and guests, we are disappointed to hear that you feel your vacation package experience was misleading. Our mini-vacation packages are a great way to not only take advatage of a vacation at a great price, but also to learn about all of the benefits membership with us can allow you and your family in the future. We apologize if your reservation did not include villa accommodations at our Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, TN. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate every package holder on-site, as our owners, members and RCI exchanger do receive top priority. In order to offer you the best deal possible, often times we'll partner with a great area hotel, which can accommodate you at a lower rate. Depending on the time you would like to travel, some of our properties are able to accommodate you on-site at an upgraded rate. This should have been made clear at the time of booking. We are deeply sorry if you feel that this was not handled by our staff in a way that you would have like. We are constantly striving to offer the best service and care to each and every one of our guests. Should you choose to use the package or stay with us in the future, we would love the opportunity to host you.

Elkhart, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed her for the last 7 yrs and it is like our home away from home. Misty and chasity the activities cordintors are amazing. The time, friendlyness, and attention they gave to us and our kids was exceptional. They go above to make our stay every year fun. The moonshine tour was awsome and my kids loved they bird show in the main lobby.The movie and popcorn by the pool great.We have stayed at other place in gatlinburg and it just did not compare. Location is perfect for walking distance to down town Gatlinburg.Staff was friendly and very helpfull. Looking foward to next year. thank you chasity and misty for another awsome stay, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I wanted to take a weekend trip to Gatlinburg. Since I didn't want to shop at the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge, we decided to stay in Gatlinburg. I wanted a hotel within walking distance to the main street. This hotel had great reviews so I booked a room. I must say the hotel was just as nice if not better than I expected. However, if you are slightly out of shape, the walk to/from the hotel to the main street is a little bit of a hike. After we checked in we decided to walk down to the corner "Bubba-Gumps" to get dinner. We made the walk but both of us had a difficult time with the uphill walk on the way back. :) Check-in was very swift, which was nice since our drive took an hour longer than expected due to a wreck on the interstate. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and understanding that we were hungry and exhausted. Our room was clean and larger than I expected. Since we were only there for two nights we didn't tour the facility but from what we did see this resort was very nice. The only issues I had were that the curtains in the bedroom did not go accross the the window. There are wooden shades but they do not block all of the light or filter any noise from people walking past your room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to TripAdvisor dot com. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and am very happy to see your feedback concerning our rooms. We are contiuously try to exceed the expecations of all our owners and guest and take every suggestions seriously. We will be completely renovating our rooms in January 2013, and will hopefully eliminate the issues with the blinds. I hope that you will come back and visit with us next year to see the changes that will occur. We are extremely excited about this and hope that you will be just as excited. Thank you again for your review and most recent stay. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We just returned from a 3 night visit at this resort. We really enjoyed it was very clean and neat. When they redo the rooms in Jan it will be like a brand new resort. We would definatly return to this Hotel. The manager takes his job very seriously as they gave us his cell and home number if we were not pleased. We did not need to contact him but that was very nice that his numbers were given in case we needed them. The pool was very nice but small. The location was very close to everything. We walked and rode the trolley everywhere we needed to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to TripAdvsisor dot com. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I really hope that you will come back soon and visit us next year when we make the changes in our rooms. You are right, this will be like a brand new resort and we could not be more excited. In reference to your comment about our general manager, Don Ward, he does take his job very seriously. Just as we all do, he wants to ensure that you have the best vacation experience possible and if for some reason you don't he wants to know about it immediatly. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hotel was really nice. All you need for a family and then some. FP was used alot when weather turned cool! Nice plus. Check in gal was really friendly and it was a quick walk to town. My sister and I had a massage from Roger recommended by the hotel in our room! that was great and so relaxing! We didn't need to travel anywhere which was perfect for us and the family! He was friendly and gave great advice on hiking for later in the day! Thanks, Roger! We did see some bears later on today!! Overall, I'd stay here again if vacationing here.

Room Tip: Street sides are a bit noisey but get the great morning sun!! Loved having coffee on the balcony!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to TripAdvisor dot com. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back and see us again in the future. We are extremely excited about our future especially in the upcoming year. Starting in January 2013, we will be completing a refurbishing of all units which will include new beds, bed linens, couches, etc. I hope that you come out in 2013 to see why we are so excited i'm sure that you will be too. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

All I can say is wow!!! Wonderful room, very friendly staff and beautiful property! We are definitely coming back here! If I had an issue at all, it was the fact that the bedroom curtains don't global the way across the window to completely darken the room!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to TripAdvisor dot com. By the sounds of your review, you were very impressed with your stay. This is exactly the feeling that we desire for you to leave with. If you were impressed this year, I really hope that you make it part of your plans to visit us next year. Starting in January 2013, we will be refurbishing all units putting in new beds, carpets, furniture, etc. I hope that you are able to make it and see why we are so excited about our future. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway on behalf of Don Ward

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain? Share your experiences!