“Wouldn't stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

You added Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown to your Saves list
Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Gatlinburg Downtown)   |
Ranked #61 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Waiuku, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and really feel they need some work done, I feel they should only be charging half of what they do. We have stayed in other Howard Johnson's and this was the worst one. The internet didn't work, even if you went to reception, the ice machine was broken so you had to trek back to reception for ice and the laundry facilities that they told you about in your room directory had been removed, so had to drive 5 miles up the road to a laundramat.
Got back to our room in the afternoon to find the room hadn't been made up, so just got given some towels and told "oh well the staff have left for the day". Location was quite good, being able to walk easily into town, but I don't think we would stay again. They did give us a 10% discount on checking out. We did a 3 weeks driving trip around and stayed in some fabulous places at half the cost, they really need to give it a makeover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As some one who has stayed at this hotel and works in the travel industry, I do have to wonder about alot of the things posted in these reviews. I was pleased with my stay sure it is an older hotel and could use some renivation but i booked on line and for 59.00 a night it was fine. I have heard that they are in the process of updating the rooms. I was on vacation and wasn't worried about the internet working or not how could I be with the beautiful Smoky Mountains to see??

I do wonder how many of the folks on here with complaints actually talked with the front desk staff about the problem and tried to find a solution. I know I did have a minor issue with clean towels, called the front desk and was able to get some. Problem solved!!

Maybe I'm craz but I make it a point when booking on line to actually call the hotel I booked and make sure that my reservation is EXACTLY as I requested and to inquire about the hotel and location itself. I have found in my work as a travel agent and hotel staff memeber that the internet sites do not always make the reservation as expected.

So remember folks when traveling it's always best to call and verify and if any issues arise make the staff aware of them right away.

Room Tip: If you want a view, call the hotel and ask for a room on the front side
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

Address: 200 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Gatlinburg Downtown)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Ranked #61 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Gatlinburg
Howard Johnson Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.