“Never again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

You added Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown to your Saves list
Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Gatlinburg Downtown)   |
Ranked #61 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Blountville, Tennessee
“Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stinky, moldy, old, outdated. Our room was filthy, the "cleaned" carpets were nasty. Listen to what everyone else is saying & spend a little more elsewhere. I was afraid to sleep here. :(

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

So this will be my first review and I hope it's helpful to others!

The entire hotel was dirty, smelly and old looking. It needs a complete remodel from head to toe. The room smelled horrible, the room was damp, the lights near the beds would come off and on ONLY as you sat or got up from one of the beds. There is mold all over the room and bathroom. We did not even complete our stay as we were going to stay two nights but only stayed one because this hotel is disgusting. (I stayed here 4-5 years ago, and it wasn't THAT bad. Things have changed for sure) I've never been more disappointed in a hotel in my life.

In addition to all of that, the First time I made my reservation online... I called about a week before my visit and they could NOT find my reservation at all and made me call the general hotel customer service line. Why couldn't the hotel just fix the problem right then and there when I called them directly?

Of course the front desk said I would not be refunded for my second night even though we checked out after the first night, but at that point I didn't really care. We just wanted to get out of that gross place asap.

Room Tip: NO room is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The room smelled. The wi-fi never worked. The cleaning staff looked as if they were on work release. It's sad to say I felt safer leaving my belongings in my vehicle in downtown Gatlinburg then I did leaving them in our room and there was only one light working outside. I have never felt uneasy traveling but I did at this hotel and will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We checked into this hotel because the one that we originally had a reservation at gave us a room that had not even been cleaned. We should have known that anything under $100.00 would be a joke on Memorial Day weekend. The main problem that we had with the hotel was that we checked in at 3:06 and at 3:20 made our first call to the front desk. Our toilet was stopped up and would not flush. At 4:00 we made a second call to the front desk, we were told that someone was called to come and fix it, but they were across town and we would have to wait. In the meantime we could use the restrooms in the lobby (the men's was out of order). We left and when we returned around several hours later the toilet was still clogged up. No one had even been up to look at it. We again complained to the lobby and were told that they do not even have a plunger on sight. They said that they had made another call to the maint. man and that he should be there shortly. Finally at 9:00 that night we got our toilet plunged so that it was usable again. I should have called Roto Rooter and had the bill charged to the hotel, I think it would have been fixed a whole lot faster. Who in their right mind runs a hotel and does not keep a plunger on hand?

As far as the other complaints that I have read about, I agree with over half of them. The chain lock on our door was broken and it was not really that clean....the non skid thing on the bottom of the tub was so stained it was black. Have they not heard of bleach or comet.

When we requested our money back because of the toilet not being fixed we were told that they do not give refunds if you room is not canceled before 72 hours prior to check in. I think that if there is a sanitary problem then an exception should be made to the rule. We called HOJO corporate office to make an official complaint. No one with children should ever be made to stay in a hotel room with no toilet because the hotel does not have a plunger on hand. It took them right at 6 hours to fix the problem. Pathetic!!!!!

One more thing, WIFI only works if you sit at the table beside the window.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
princeton, wv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The first day we were there we notices dog poop in the corner. We never said anything about it, i dont like to complain. (After the maid refreshed our room that day it was gone) So, on the third day we were walking by the office and the girl working the desk comes running out into the street and asks if we are the ones in 209. So my boyfriend walks over to her to see what she needs. After he speaks to her, he tells me she ask him if we have a dog in our room. So, i go back in the office and proceed to tell her the dogpoop was in our room before we got there. I assumes she would apoligize to us for the nastyness. Instead she gits very agitated and starts bobbing her hed and says 'did u report it?', I told her i didnt want to bother them about it. So, then once again she acuses us of having a dog and tells me 'u know there a $250 fine if we find a dog in your room.' We were both so insulted we will never return to that place again. We dont even own a dog at all. They were so rude to us, the worst part is we were repeat customers there. And also, after the first day the maid quit making our bed. Other than the staff, the hotels not that bad for the price. Carpets a little cruddy but they have like five pillows on each bed. If u dont mind the staff treating u like crap.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were a little disappointed in the general condition of the room. It seemed clean, but dated. The tv had horrible reception or signal and was very annoying.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park View Inn Gatlinburg Downtown? Share your experiences!