“Good Place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were there over the Christmas Holiday and the staff was excellent. We ate every meal in the restaurant and the food was stellar! The Breakfast buffet was the best and Christmas Dinner was delicious. I am a Chef and I was very impressed. They only complaint was the low water pressure in the shower. Other than that we had a wonderful Christmas holiday stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to impress another chef with our great food. Our kitchen staff does such a great job to exceed the expectations and I'm glad they were able to accomplish that with you. Thank you for chosing to spend your Christmas holiday with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Knoxville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Overall experience was good. Only downfall was that our room window faced a designated smoking area and we could hear the smokers talk. No complimentary breakfast. Location was nice, just one block from main road.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Robert C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I want to make sure that next time you have the best stay possible, so please never hesitate to let us know if there are things that hinder you from leaving our hotel saying that. I know how hard you work and that you deserve this vacation and I want to do everything in my power to provide that for you. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We took our kids and grands to Gatlinburg last weekend. We were warmly welcomed by Amanda at the front desk. She helped us seamlessly navigate an issue with Hilton as did Jessie. Later in the week, Alton helped with the TV and concierge questions. The hotel is located along the river behind the Main Street and has rooms and suites. Our grands enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.
The double room is not too spacious ,but does have a microwave, mini fridge and Kuerig coffee maker. Our room was very clean and ready as requested. We must commend Angela, our housekeeping person, who was caring and thoughtful. She worked around our little ones' naps and getting the room cleaned with a smile. The staff at this hotel are well trained, but seemed to go the extra mile every time we asked for help.
The breakfast buffet was a plus. The food was varied and hot. You could request a waffle, pancakes or eggs cooked special. Our grands loved it.
This hotel is newer than most of the ones we saw, and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Tbug914, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to reivew your stay. I'm so glad that you had a great time with us, "Friendly and Fabulous", can't get much better than that! Thank you for taking the time to mention, Amanda, Jessi, Alton, and Angela by name. I know that they are excited to see that they made such an impression on you that you would mention them on your review. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We moved over here to this hotel, after staying the previous night at the Westgate Resort in Gatlinburg, with a very bad impression of Westgate. The room over here at the Hilton Garden Inn was so much nicer and twice as large as the studio over at the Westgate. And, it was $30 per night cheaper! The staff here was very friendly, and use of the indoor pool was actually included with the rate, instead of the nearly $19 per person extra fee that the Westgate charged for the use of their indoor waterpark. We will likely stay here again! Very clean rooms too. We liked the location of being within walking distance of 'strip' yet not being right on the main drag.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Hilary H, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hate that you had to move from your original location, but Westgates loss was our gain! I'm glad that you had a good time while you were staying with us. I truly hope that we will be your first call when making return trips back to Gatlinburg. We want the opportunity to host you and your family for many generations. Thank you and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent a few days there from Christmas Day until Saturday. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Even though we were given 2 bottles of water free, we got water every day while we stayed. I know that isn't much but I still thought it was very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Kay8953, thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas here with us. I know there is a lot of places that you could chose from to spend that time, and I'm so greatful that you chose to spend it with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us time and time again so that we can continue to provide you with the best vacation experience possible.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights the weekend before Christmas and were very impressed. From the friendliness of the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms, we have no complaints. The location is also great due to the fact that it is one street back from the very busy "main drag" but is still within walking distance of everything. This was our first stay in Gatlinburg but it looked to me that the Hilton Garden Inn is one of the nicest (and newest?) hotel properties in town. If we return to Gatlinburg we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello john e, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us that you will continue to visit us on your future trips to Gatlinburg. Thank you for taking the time to mention the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. The ultimate goal of our staff is to provide you with the best vacation experience possible so that you will come back time and time again and build a tradition with your family that will last generation after generation. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I travel a lot with work and been an HHonors reward member for a few years. My wife and I decided to stay here for 6 days. This hotel is great. The staff is wonderful. However, the bed and breakfast deal from their website is a little misleading. You don't in fact get breakfast in bed. You get a meal voucher for breakfast. No big deal to us. We were more than happy to take the 5 minutes to get downstairs and eat. The cleanliness of the room was great. However, the bathroom could have used a little more deep cleaning. Just a little mold on the caulk and side of the tub running down to the floor. Nothing a little bleach couldn't kill and remove. All and all we had a great stay and the fireplace with Jacuzzi tub was great. Definitely, will come back and stay another 6 nights again. However, make your reservations way ahead of your trip as this hotel can fill up very quickly. Food was excellent in the restaurant as well. Location is perfect if you want to stay in Gatlinburg and just walk around to all the shops. The bed in our room was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever laid on. Definitively slept great while staying there.

Room Tip: Book early as the different rooms book up fast.