“Clean and up to date.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Clean and up to date.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Stayed for a week and no problems. Everything was as advertised. Front desk handled our room request we had made when booking, with ease. No hassle with anything the entire week.

One little request to the management though, could you have the type of free cookies rotated to another kind every few days or so. I am from the south and old so a chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie would hit the spot now and again
Thanks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello cm4546, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to know that you had a great time with us. I will tell you, I'm from the south too and nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie, however the new "welcome bars" are the new standard for the Hilton Garden Inn brand. They are great cookies though but I understand the feelings on other cookies. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

802 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in Gatlinburg last Friday 09/27/2013. Property is located on River Road the road right behind the main Parkway. You can cut thru the Hampton Inn parking lot when walking. Property is pretty new, well maintained and clean. They have an adjustable bed (dont bother waste of time)

Room Tip: All areas seem well higher the floor the better due to street noise
Green Features: Is a LEED certiffied hotel, low flow toliets showers etc
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Tony S, thank you for choosign to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely strive to exceed your expectations everytime you stay with us. We want to ensure that you have the best vacation experience possible and I hope that you were able to experience that. Thank you again and if I can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Decatur, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had an awesome experience at the Hilton Garden Inn of Gatlinburg, TN. The staff was awesome and the food is good. Breakfast served every morning. The best bar tenders in town. Don't forget to ask for the cookies. ( hot off the press, yum, yum!) The Hotel is in the best location in the city (walking distance to all your entertainment). Surrounded by beautiful scenery: trees, water and mountain sides. The hotel has great business amenities for business conferences. However, if you are there for business, it also has a great family environment. I look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Donald W, thank you for such kind words in your reveiw. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were here on business so we definitely need to get you back out here for some rest and relaxation. The mountains just have a way of giving you an overwhelming sense of peace. I truly hope your next visit will be one of those trips so that you can see what makes this area so special. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were shocked when we arrived in Gatlinburg for the first time - it was overwhelmingly crowded - traffic and people everywhere. I thought we'd never find a place to park, but this hotel had a nice large parking lot for guests. The room was great, clean. The breakfast offering was beyond anything I have had before - the selection was endless. Delicious. Drinks at the bar one night was relaxing. All the staff was friendly and helpful, however, Matt outdid himself. He seemed to be there 24/7 during our 2 night stay. Too bad I couldn't find a place on the Hilton website to provide a note to management on how well Matt ran this hotel. Staying at this hotel was the perfect start to our first trip to the Smokey's.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi there Flatlander927, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm very please to hear that you had such a great time with us and that Matt made such an impression on you all to mention him by name. He is a great worker and is one that we can depend on to provide great customer service. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a junior suite with a balcony overlooking the river, the suite was excellent and very clean and comfortable. The staff in this hotel are all very friendly and professional. We booked with a bed & breakfast deal and well worth the money, the breakfast was excellent and plentiful with a cooked to order option as well. The hotel is well situated to walk to the shops and restaurants, you can take a short cut through the carpark at the rear of the hotel which takes you 5mins, or if you prefer a nice walk along the riverside then although it will take longer it is nice. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a suite overlooking the river with a balcony, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello molliescotland, thank you all so much for choosing to stay with us. When I see a great review come in I'm always happy, but when I see a great review from a "Top Contributor" as yourself it gives it just a little extra meaning. I think our breakfast is such a great ammenity that we have that you can't get anywhere esle, so I'm glad to see that you took advantage of our Bed and Breakfast deal so that you could enjoy that. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assitant General Manager
boonville indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and i booked a Cabin about 3 months prior and when arrived were not happy at all very dirty but we stayed until the sun came up the next morning so i could see to drive off that mountain, drove into the best looking hotel in Gatlinburg and went to the front desk and April got us right into a very nice room and our vacation was saved. i hope someone from Hilton Management reads this.. do whatever you can to keep and promote April. (p.s. they installed new Keurig Coffee makers while we were there) ...YaY !

Room Tip: we had a river room overlooking the patio fireplace and hot tub...very nice. ask for April at the fr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sigman38, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sure hate to hear about your bad experience with your cabin, but there lost was our gain! April is a tremendous asset to our hotel and I'm glad that you were able to witness what makes her so good at what she does. I know that she will be extatic to see that she made such an impression on you all to mention her by name. I hope that you all will continue to stay with us everytime you visit gatlinburg, and if there is ever any assitance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

SO glad to be at this hotel away from the town...peaceful after travelling. Also very comfortable, and staff friendly and obliging.
Evening meal not good....too much salt and lack of expertise in the preparation. However, breakfast was excellent....porridge, fresh fruit, good, well prepared hot options, and staff well trained in keeping everything topped up.
Would happily stay here again, though not in the town!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello petite100, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad that you had a great time with us, with the exception of your evening meal. I promise to you that I will personally addresss that issue with our cooks. We want to make sure that every aspect of our hotel gives you the best experience possible. I am glad that you were able to see that our location is probably the best feature that we have. We are close enough to everything but located to where it feels like you are away from town as well. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown? Share your experiences!