“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lucasville
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I travelled through Gatlinburg on our way to Florida. When vacationing Gatlinburg we usually rent a cabin. However, for a one night stay we chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were extremely pleased with our decision. The location is awesome; a nice walk to the downtown entertainment! We also are extremely impressed with the accommodations, staff are very friendly, and the room was beautiful. After walking in the rain and hitting all of our favorite spots; we decided to try the American Grill located at the Inn...we were just wanting to settle////ssssshhhh!!! don't tell to many people...the chef absolutely makes a great Pesto Flatbread..the waiter went well beyond his expected duties to make our dining very comfortable!! Our only disappointment was that we only stayed one night :( We will definetly try to book on our way back to Ohio..and perhaps a future get a way!

Room Tip: We had a room without a view.rm 311.(but that's quite ok) considering we were there for just one...
Green Features: One Word: Awesome! The hotel had great environmental practices to conserve water, the posted information for all environmentally friendly guest, and perhaps make those who are not environmentally friendly to think twice(yea!)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Joyce B, thank you for staying with us and taking the opportunity to write a review over your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely need to get you back for a longer visit with us! I always love to see comments about the staff being friendly. This means that we did our job assisting in making your vacation experience a positive one. Thank you again, and if I can be of any asisstance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Overall, this is a lovely hotel. First, the things I loved. This hotel sit right off the main strip in Gatlinburg. The aquarium, sky lift, shops are all within walking distance. The hotel was extremely clean, staff is extremely nice. We got the bed and breakfast package, breakfast was buffet style and everything was fresh and tasty. The only complain I have are about the beds in the rooms. The beds are extremely firm, boarder-lining hard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel due to only being in Gatlinburg for one night. The staff were super nice. Our room was exactly what we expected and were very pleased. The jacuzzi was nice after walking around all day. This hotel made it very convenient to shop downtown and enjoy the restaurants. We had a balcony with a sitting area which was nice. Only drawback is the charge for breakfast....so we walked and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the Pancake Pantry.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello Srbh8779, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much. The goal of our staff is to meet and exceed your expectations and it appears that we have met that goal. So when we hear comments such as your about how our staff was "super nice" its a reassurance that we have done our jobs well. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Louisville Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this place. We came to Gatlinburg so my daughter could attend a workshop at the Arrowmont Art School, arriving 2 days early to enjoy a mini vacation. Its great that this hotel is LEEDs certified...except I did see a guest smoking by the entrance The location is good....except I didn't like walking through a parking garage in order to get to the parkway. We had a junior suite which was very nice...except the mattress to the sleeper sofa was pretty much springs with very little padding. The décor is nice, sort of eco-friendly chic...except everywhere I looked the carpet was stained...EVERYWHERE! The staff was friendly and helpful...except a girl working the front desk kept whining how bad she want to go home. All in all it is probably one of the best hotels in Downtown Gatlinburg....except I found Downtown Gatlinburg to be very overcrowded, tasteless and hokey!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi there merrylucy, thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Gatlinburg as much as you would have hoped to. I'm also sorry to hear that your room was not up to the standards that you have or we have. Please know that anytime you have any issues, regarding your stay with us, to never hesitate letting someone know. We would have been more than happy to come up and clean your carpets for you. Thank you for mentioning that the staff was friendly and helpful. I always like to see comments like those, and I will address the front desk's comments about being ready to leave. Again thank you for staying with us and I hope that if you make it back to Gatlinburg that you choose to stay with us. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our 4 visit to this hotel....as usual, top knotch!
Our room was $139 weekdays and $169 on weekend. It included fireplace and jacuzzi bath. The in house bar was great for half price snack and drinks during happy hour.
The only con is the cost for breakfast. I think that if I am dropping $550 for 3 night, breakfast should be included.
The location is perfect, A block from the noisy main strip, river across the street, everything on walking distance....(saves on "pay for parking")
This is our "go to" destination for Gatlinburg! The manager Eric was very helpful...

Room Tip: river side room on 3rd floor or higher is quietest...as a couple, we like the jacuzzi rooms, that se...
Green Features: This is a certified LEEDS hotel, made from some of the existing area materials, and the entire premise of this hotel is environmental friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Alan R, thank you for staying with us and posting your review. While I'm sorry to see the score for value be effected because of breakfast, i am happy to hear that we are now your "go to" destination. Thank you very much for mentioning my name on your review. I'm glad to know that I made enough of an impression on you to mention me by name. All of our staff has that same mindset and I hope that every person you encountered was just as pleasent to talk with. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any asisstance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mandeville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice Hotel location across from the river which we could see from our balcony and hear the water. The breakfast was good as you could order hot food. The dinner menu had a good varity and was as good as any of the restaurants in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello George S, thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the restaurant so much. Our restaurant staff always does a great job in providing great service and great quality food. I'm just glad that you were able to witness that first hand. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging destination for many more trips back to Gatlinburg. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

gallatin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

great everything!! we will be back, would highly rate this place. didn't understand when breakfast charges apply.first morning coffee and cereal free, had more food the next morning and was charged. probably had to do with the egg and bacon section

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Rollow C, thank you for staying with us and posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will continue to make Hilton Garden Inn your lodging choice for many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown? Share your experiences!