“Good for the younger crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Attractions in Gatlinburg
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
South Lake Tahoe, Ca
17 attraction reviews
“Good for the younger crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our kids are 9 & 11, and I found this was perfect for them. It is indoors, and it has a big balcony where we sat and watched our kids. Since we didn't go on any attractions, our admission was free; we only paid our kids' admission. Unlike Wilderness of the Smokies, you can just pay a day's admission and play instead of having to purchase a room and stay overnight.

BrentwoodTN
11 attraction reviews
“Boring!!!!! thats what my 10 year old said..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Well, i think this would be a great park for for smaller kids, a good beginer level park. But because wilderness lodge does not allow non-guests to use the park, we had to go here.. We promised a water park. But if you kids love the big fast slides, a wave pool and constant (mind numbing) noise you may need to skip this one. The ages of the kids in our group was 10 to 13, and they did were not excited about the park.
I think it is a good park for the right audience probably 12 and under unless they have not been to many larger water parks. The price was fair, i am sure that a few years ago this would have been perfect, say from 0-8 or 9 years maybe?

Abilene, Texas
“KIds loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

During Spring Break trip to Gatlinburg, took our three nine year olds (two girls and a boy) to the Waterpark. They LOVED it! We got a table on the second floor, which was very nice because we were able to view the entire park while we sat and read and took turns keeping an eye on our children. The children loved every area of the park; quickly made friends with other children also staying in the resort, and quickly began a water volleyball game. The guards on duty were attentive and alert. We appreciated the overall feel of the facility--loved how benches were made to look like they were cut out of rock and the rustic wood of rockers, chairs and tables. While the park is not as big as others, it was "just right" for the ten and under crowd. Met our families needs wonderfully.

Mississippi
13 attraction reviews
“2 year old liked it best...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We had a 2 year old and 9 year old with us. The 9 year old did go on one of the big slides. He enjoyed pretty much the whole park. My husband and I went down one of the big slides on a double tube. It was pretty fun. We got there right when it opened and I suggest this, because we had no trouble getting a seat and didn't have to wait in line for the big slides. The 2 year old was hesitant at first but loved the toddler area! I liked it too, because it was heated! The big pool was heated pretty well, too, but the lazy river was freezing! I will say though I had seen some concerns before on here saying that someone had defected the pool and they had closed it and they were worried about the other areas that weren't closed due to it being the same water system, but my thoughts are the different areas are on different water systems, because they would all either be cold or heated otherwise. So that made me feel better that of there was an "accident" it would only affect the one area. The food was priced reasonably, but drinks were high, and I had a hard time finding something for the 2 year old to eat. I would suggest bringing in snacks/ food for a little one. They never checked our bag so I don't think they care. They also sell swim diapers in the restaurant if you forget or run out. Children not potty trained have to wear one. Our son liked the arcade, but it was expensive, IMO. So we didn't stay long there. Overall, we had a good time. I think we stayed 2.5 to 3 hours.

South Berwick, Maine
13 attraction reviews
“Fun Place on a Rainy Cold Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We took 8 of our grandkids here, with 5 adults also. Ages 3 years to 16 years. They all had fun in different parts of the park. We appreciated that towels were provided.You have to use the bathrooms as a dressing room. Upstairs is a family bathroom that is nice and quiet. Upstairs is also small snackbar. Food was priced average for such a place. There is also a small video game room upstairs. We got there when it opened at 11 am and got our seats saved. If you are not there by 11:30 am, there is no where to sit. All the tables and chairs seemed to be gone by then. We loved the lazy river. The older kids loved the two water slides. One is dark all the way down and a big surprise when you get to the end and shot into the pool. The hot tubs are nice but very hot! Once you go in them, it is difficult to get back in the other pools as they seem cold then!! We stayed 3 hours. We were allowed to park right in front of the park but were told if it had not been so cold and raining that we would not be allowed to park there unless we were staying at the resort. Overall, it was a good time but almost $19 a person for everyone over 3 yrs old is kind of high. Of course if we had stayed more then 3 hrs it might have been a better value. After awhile the kids got bored and wanted to leave.

Visited February 2012