“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection

Save Saved
You added Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection to your Saves list
Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   110 Mountain Loft Drive, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly MountainLoft Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in chalet 134A and it was BEAUTIFUL! It was everything you can ask for in a resort in the mountains. The resort is set in the mountains, but yet only 5 minutes from a grocery store and 5 minutes from Gatlinburg, 10 if there's traffic. The views were nice and no traffic noise was a plus. There is a fireplace in the living room, and lots of windows so you can open the blinds and enjoy that view. We also loved that there is a balcony off the dining area AND off the master bedroom upstairs. Here is why I gave it 4 stars though. And these are by NO MEANS a complaint, because I know they can't please all of the people all of the time. These are just mentions, so you know what you're getting. The balcony off the dining area is smaller than the one upstairs and they have a table and 4 chairs out there, making it awkward to move around. I think it would be better to have the 4 chairs and smaller patio tables so people can move around a little better. The master bedroom was beautiful, with a nice big closet, which was a nice surprise and I loved, but the master bathroom has a stand up shower and a jacuzzi tub. That is nice, but I wonder why they put a stand up shower in the master bedroom. There is no where to put toiletries in the shower at all. It was very difficult to shower. The guest bathroom has a regular tub/shower combo, which would have been better in the master bath. And the headboard is a shelf built into the wall, with no side tables. This makes for good TV watching in bed, but if you have a bottle of water or a glass of wine, you have to reach behind you and put it on the shelf if you need to set it down. That was kind of awkward. The mattress was also on the firm side, and like I said, they can't please everybody, so although it was a little uncomfortable to us, there are people who would enjoy that. And we don't have kids, but I can see where the guest bedroom needs a TV with gaming connections. I don't see a kid wanting to sit in the LR and watch TV in front of the fireplace with their parents. With that said, none of this would deter me from staying again. It was beautiful, has a washer/dryer in unit, nice appliances, nice feel. The property is beautifully maintained and Courtney at the front desk was pleasant. Also, when my husband went to print out our boarding passes, the printer was out of toner and the front desk clerk cheerfully offered to print them from the printer behind the front desk. I would stay again and recommend it to anybody. I had a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a chalet instead of a unit in the condo towers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I read reviews after I made the reservation for this resort. We wanted to take kids on a long weekend to Gatlinburg so I looked and Mountain Loft was available. We found the resort exceptionally clean. We stayed in a one bedroom suite in building 5. I was a executive housekeeper for years, I know clean. Not sure why all the bad reviews. Our stay was pleasant and staff was great. Towels weren't overdryed and hard either and shower had good water pressure. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Made reservation and explained to reservations person which unit I needed to allow me access on my scooter. Arrived to find did not happen. It took two days to fix. Great location and great area, but no ability to address these sorts of issues no matter how far in advance you start.

• Stayed April 2013
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit in the lowest level of building 5. We stayed Monday - Friday during the first week of April with our two grade-school aged boys. The unit was clean and the king bed was comfortable. The pull-out sofa bed was what you'd expect and worked for our young boys. Our boys enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and game room. The club house is very nice and the wine tasting event was enjoyable. Great location! It is far enough off the main drag to be extremely peaceful but still only a couple minute's drive to the heart of Gatlinburg.

Previous reviews have some truth to them. None of these were major items, but it was a little surprising how some things were nicely done...yet several were poor quality. Examples: the thermostat's letters were so worn you couldn't read which settings were what, the smoke alarms were dingy, the paint job in the bathroom was sloppy and looked to have been done that way several times/coats, no gas grills, internet signal in our room was very week and often dropped out. Again - nothing big, but several things that just made you feel like you were staying in a cheaper hotel instead of a nice BlueGreen resort.

Overall, the number of BlueGreen points we used (i.e., our cost) for a Spring Break stay on Mon - Thur was very reasonable, the location is great, the place was clean, and we enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are owners with blue green this was our 2 nd trip to mountainloft and sadly enough both times our rooms were below par. We were assured we had a renovated room, a complete lie. We returned from an outing to find out our room was assigned to another family after we had been there 3 days, very scary. They had to change rooms because of mouse feces under their sink! We had roaches, a broken dishwasher, broken shower faucet, many outlets did not work and a moldy bathroom. We still enjoyed ourselves since the view is wonderful, location was great and had an excellent in room massage by roger . I really wish mountainloft would listen to their guests and clean better and update the units.

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at another BlueGreen resort and it was nice, nice enough for us to sign up. My wife told the guy on the phone back in November, we want a 1 bedroom king size bed with a living room with a pullout couch bed for our 2 kids. So, the room is in a basement, it is REALLY REALLY TINY, no king bed, the little dining table is shoved in the corner, the bedroom faces into the outside pathway, window treatments not big enough to cover window so when you walk by, you see my nekkid butt, plus there is a bright outside light that fills the bedroom, smashed lampshade, outlets that don't work, and Internet doesn't work in the basement.
My wife called front desk immediately and their response was as follow "not our problem," "we'll that's what you booked and we are full" "I just see why any of this is an issue," "I understand you need more towels, but 2 should be plenty for 2 adults" forgetting about the 2 kids. We asked multiple times to get a room change, answer always NO, we're just overbooked. We even offered to pay extra for bigger room, nope. They have my wife a number to call, after being transferred '6' times because "that's not my area" they transferred her back to original person.
The sales people were great and sympathetic, till they asked us to Up and extend contract and we said No Way In Hell. It wasn't about the money, it was about how EVERYTHING was OUR fault and None knows what to do. If you start to question them at all about Customer Service, you get the "please don't threaten me" speech.
So NO, we didn't have a good time, we avoided the room at ALL costs. AND neither my wife and I, my folks, my brothers family, my wife's mother, nor her sisters family will be signing up for BlueGreen Resorts. Like I said, it isn't about the money, it's about Customer Service. For the folks who thought it was Just Great, goodie for you!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Spent a very nice winter week at Mountain Loft in late February. The 1 bedroom condo in building 4 was very nicely equipped but could use some updating, particularly the sofa sleeper, which was somewhat uncomfortable to sit for any length of time! We found the room clean, did not have an unpleasant odor and the kitchen was nicely equipped. A coating of @2" of snow the last morning was a nice way to end the week!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection

Address: 110 Mountain Loft Drive, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly MountainLoft Resort)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Top resorts Hotel in Gatlinburg
Hotel Class:3 star — Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountainloft Resort Gatlinburg
Mountainloft Hotel Gatlinburg
Mountain Loft Resort Gatlinburg Tn

If you own or manage Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.