“This place will surprise you” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LeConte View Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
LeConte View Motor Lodge
You added LeConte View Motor Lodge to your Saves list
929 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Columbia, TN
“This place will surprise you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2004

I have stayed at Le Conte Lodge since 1993. I have stayed there about 6 times. The location is great. The indoor pool is clean. There is also covered parking. The decor and the motel in the first section is older, but I have always found the rooms clean and the staff nice. As far as breakfast, it is the typical bagel etc.., but I think that goes for most places. I have never had a problem with any of my stays there.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2004

I have stayed at the LeConte on two different occassions and have been very happy each time. The locations is great and it is right on the parkway close to all the shops and restaurants. We especially like it because in the evening we take lawn chairs and sit right up on the parkway and watch all the people. It is really nice to do in the evening after you are done shopping for the night. Usually around 10:00p.m.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2003

We stayed at the LeConte View during Labor day weekend. The hotel was nice. I was very scared at first and wanted to cancel my reservations because of the two comments I had read on this TripAdvisor. I am glad I didn't. The people were nice, the room I had looked just like the picture on the internet, and the continental breakfast was as good as any other hotels. I would stay there again, and the location is great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2003

we stayed at the le conte view motel. we have stayed their for the last four years whe we went on vacation, we are extremely satisfied. we lovedit. we had a lovely time. we stayed august 29,30,31. thanks for a lovely 3 days.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2003

June 9, 2003---

Around 3:00am there was a knock on our hotel door...We were terrified!!! My husband got up and looked out and there was not a soul....I was wondering where is the security?? The next morning I found out that the security leaves at 11:00pm...Also, There is a TERRIBLE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST at this hotel I have ever seen!!! Don't get up for this breakfast....Take my advice go across the street to Hardees....

Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2003

Rooms have fireplace. Very convenient location to walk to most shops and attractions in Gatlinburg. But I would avoid staying in rooms near the front of the motel because at night, Gatlinburg doesn't sleep, and if you do, you'll not like the noise from the traffice going by. Rooms are okay, but nothing spectacular. I think the rates are a little too high for this motel, but I guess you're paying for the good location. Rooms need sprucing up a bit as the carpet looks old and paint does, too.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2002

Well...I was trying to find a suite with a seperate bedroom, since we had three teenagers along, to give my wife and I some privacy. When I talked to the desk clerk on the phone, he told me he had just the thing! A suite with a seperate queen bed and two doubles in the main, and all for just $107.00 per night. (This is a perfect example of 'Let the buyer beware.') Anyway, it sounded good and the pictures on the web were very misleading. We had stayed here about 7 years ago, and it was nice (whirlpool in the room and nice furnishings) but boy, had things changed! When we got to the room, our 'suite' was simply two older rooms, side by side, with an adjoining door. The interior was nothing like the photos on the web, circa 1969...the rooms were very small and the 'dressing area' consisted of a three by three piece of plywood between the sink and main room. Things that didn't work included; the TV's, the sink (would not drain), the coffee maker (almost caught on fire), the small fridge in the room. The mirror in the bath 'area' had black mold all over it and the carpet was literally worn out! I went to the desk clerk and told him we had a problem and he got very defensive and informed me he had been the one I spoke with on the phone and I had not asked enough questions about the motel (boy did I drop the ball on that one!) He made it pretty clear that he was not going to credit my card back (though I feel certain Visa would have handled it ) and since we were only staying overnight, (thank goodness), I figured it would be more hassle to try and find another room that late in the day. Anyway, we left the next morning, no sign of the 'free' Continental breakfast, and anyway I thought I had better quit while I was ahead. When I was maybe five or six, my parents stayed at a place similar to this, but it was new at that time, and that was thirty-seven years ago...time for the LeConte View to come clean.

Been to LeConte View Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!