“Fall break in Gatlinburg” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals
You added Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals to your Saves list
514 Ski Mountain Rd, Gatlinburg, TN   |
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Snellville, Georgia
“Fall break in Gatlinburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a great time at this property. It had all we could need and more. Clean, well furnished, small problem super quickly addressed. ( living room TV went out) We have stayed at this property many times before, 1st at this particular unit, but like all the other units, perfect in every way :)

Room Tip: Pick an idd numbered unit so it faces the city and mountain view versus pool view..kinda boring look...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

215MVLR, Manager at Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a good time. Happy your issue was taken care of.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bells, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family stayed in Room 308. It was nicely decorated and extremely clean. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was very nice. This is by far the best place to stay in Gatlinburg. You can walk to the main strip and the property is beautiful!

Thomasville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed from Sun until Fri and found the place to be clean, comfortable, and well furnished. However, we do have some suggestions to management, 1, No wifi last part of vacation and that was a real inconvenience for my husband's work. Clerk was not very nice about it when asked. 2. Furnish coffee filters. Inexpensive and very inconvenient to not have them. 3. One small bar of soap between the 2 bathrooms - not good. 4. Also cleaning fee is very excessive since you do so much when you check out. Never paid anywhere near $250.00. 5. Last morning of checkout we waited till we got to lobby to get coffee and guess what, they had run out of coffee and couldn't make any. Little things mean a lot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
215MVLR, Manager at Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I do apologize for the misunderstanding on the cleaning fee. We never charge an extra fee for cleaning. It may have been a post where we charge for damages or smoking in the condos.
Also, we do have supplies at the front desk if the guest needs extra. I am sorry this was not relayed to you during your stay.
TENNESSEE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Its a little off the beaten path but definitly still within walking distance to the downtown attractions. We really enjoyed being able to have a quiet evening after the hustle and bustle of the "strip" all day. On our visit, it was to cold to swim, but the pool was nicely landscaped and very clean. The lobby, the hallways, and the room iteself were all just emmaculate. Honestly, as far as cleanliness, it has been the nicest accomodations in which my family has ever stayed! Would (and have) highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
condomom, Manager at Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon.
Gallatin, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have stayed at Baskins Creek for the last 5 years. We will NEVER stay there again! The manager Marci was extremely rude when we tried to cancel our reservation 3 months prior to check in. She hung up on me twice during the process. I would not recommend Baskins Creek to anyone looking to stay in Gatlinburg. There are plenty of hotels/condos who are professional and would love to have your business. I would recommend Whispering Pines Condos in Pigeon Forge!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
When making a reservation we send out confirmation emails with the cancellation policy. I did ask if she received the email and she said yes but she did not see anything about a cancellation fee in it. I let her know where to find it and she read it off to me. If a guest needs to cancel a reservation and they do not want to loose their deposit we do offer for them to move their dates without a penalty. This guest did not want to move their dates. If the guest does not want to move their dates we do charge a fee to cancel. We do not keep the whole deposit unless it is within the timeframe of the reservation date. This guest was given the majority of their deposit back. We do try to work with guest when they need to cancel or move dates. We have the same cancellation policy as most condo properties in the area.
Rhodelia, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Second time at the condos, different rental, 401, but the same clean, beautiful, comfortable, roomy, accommodating place!
Staff went over and beyond to help, secured building, easy walk to the strip! LOVE this place!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Glad you all had a great time.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked #509 back in march to come down with friends, one of whom is a wounded army veteran. We were told some information on the phone and when we got there they refused to uphold it. The manager Marcie Acor got irate and refused to allow us to stay she was extremely nasty and unprofessional. All six people in my party including my veteran friend were told to find other lodging! I will never stay at this place again, and shame on them for kicking an army vet out onto the streets!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
condomom, Manager at Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
In response to your review: When your reservation was made we were told it would be tax exempt. Our policy is that each guest that is tax exempt bring their form. We do not supply these forms. When you (Charles Little) came to check in all that was given to us was a number on a piece of paper. I spoke with your wife and told her that we needed the form in order to not charge the taxes. I then told her that if she wanted to fax the form over we would be glad to take the tax off. I was told they could not do that so I said just send us the form once you returned home and I would then send the tax refund back to you. Charles then said he could not trust me to do that. I told him that was our standard procedure. Charles then said that we never told his wife that we needed the form and I said again that is our procedure. Everyone that is tax exempt always brings their forms or sends them in advance. After that he started getting loud and said I was calling his wife a liar. I then told Charles that I never said anything about his wife being a liar. He kept wanting to argue about it and said he just could not trust me to send his money back. I then told him he would not have to worry about it because I would refund his deposit and he could find somewhere to stay. Never do we turn away guest but if certain situations occur we have the full authority to remove them from our property.

Been to Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals? Share your experiences!