“Nice condos, wifi didn't work :-(” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals
You added Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals to your Saves list
514 Ski Mountain Rd, Gatlinburg, TN   |
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Byram, Mississippi
“Nice condos, wifi didn't work :-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed here for 6 days surrounding the Memorial Day weekend. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The condo was not overly crowded with guests and we were within walking distance to the strip. There is a trolley stop in front of the lobby if you're considering using the trolley. I feel like we got a great deal considering the size of the unit. We stayed in unit 303. It has 2 bedrooms and two baths. The master bedroom was very spacious with a separate shower and jacuzzi. The washer/dryer is in that bathroom. The 2nd bedroom had two queen beds and a second bathroom. The condo was clean, with modern furniture (no flat screens). However, I did find two towels with hairs in them. I tossed those to the side and kept it moving. Now here goes my rant...My biggest issue was the wifi. The signal was terrible and as soon as you picked it up it would drop. I called the front desk several times about it, with no solution. I finally went downstairs and asked one of the staff about it and they told me that the router they have is over 7 years old and does not work well with apple devices. This was so frustrating!!! I brought my ipad along to look up restaurants and attractions for some last minute ideas in case we had a change of plans (which we did on some days). If you really want wifi, do not get unit 303, or anything higher than the 2nd floor for that matter. You will be sadly disappointed. Baskins Creek Condominiums, please get new routers! I know a lot of people could care less about wifi while vacationing, but this was one of the reasons I considered this condo in the first place. End of rant. Other than internet issues, everything was great. The condo itself was lovely. The rate was reasonable. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Our experience was good from beginning to end! We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. Our visit this time was in unit 311
and we really enjoyed it. The condo was beautifully furnished, the beds were very comfortable. It was very easy to relax and unwind.

Rhodelia, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Family, couples, girlfriends.. whatever the trip... a real affordable, clean, furnished, excellently located, condominium complex. Just a very short walk to the "strip", excellent views, perfectly equipped. Will stay here everytime!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor.. elevator available, so no worries with a long wait.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have stayed at Baskin Creek. I stayed in room 105. It is a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom, full kitchen, dining room an family room. Very very nice I will always stay here from now on. Love it!!! Easy walk to Gatlinburg

Milton, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and each time is the same great experience. Perfect location for walking around Gatlinburg. Nice and quiet just off the main drag. Great views of the area. We will definitely be back again.

Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Baskins Creek the past two years in December during Gatlinburg's Holiday Parade and loved everything about it! The parking is a nightmare during the parade so to be able to walk everywhere during this time is more than worth the price! We go with my boyfriend's parents and it's nice for each couple to have their own large bathroom and bedroom. The kitchen is really nice and fully stocked and although we didn't cook, it's nice having a full sized refrigerator. The entire condo is very cozy, especially during the winter. I love the water too-it makes my hair really soft for some reason! Again, you can't beat being able to the strip whenever you'd like!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a fabulous time. The condos were immaculate and had everything needed for adults and children. Well equipped and in a great location. The "strip" is only a couple of minutes walk away with all kinds of shops, restaurants, bars, and entertainment. Very busy on the Saturday night with all ages, but good atmosphere and no trouble seen. The National Park was well worth a trip, with views to die for and plenty of wild life ! Would definitely recommend these condos.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals? Share your experiences!