“Our favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 173 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Fishers, Indiana
“Our favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

When my wife and I vacation in Gatlinburg, we usually eat at Calhouns 2-3 times for dinner. The food is always consistently good and so is the service. a manager usually comes around to check on things also. I reccomend the Calhoun steak and their microbrews. You can't go wrong eating here. I've reccomended Calhouns to my friends when they are there and they were well pleased also.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

missouri
“Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We just ate there last Tuesday and it was fantastic! We Went out for a late supper, almost 9pm, and had a hard time finding places open late. We settled on Calhouns and were very pleased!! Very reasonable prices and Delicious food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashland, Kentucky
“Good food in Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I have eaten here several times and really enjoy the food. My wifes favorite is the ale steak , a house specialty, while I have enjoyed both the filet and their barbeque sandwich. Also good are the fried green tomatoes and white chili.Everything we and our family has eaten there has been really good.This is a good place to bring the family for a large supper because you won't leave hungry.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
KY
“Good food, kind of expensive, service could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Calhouns is a chain, but the food was really good. We were there about 2 pm and it was almost empty. Server was nice, but dissappeared when we needed something. Asked if we wanted bread, we said yes, and then she never brought it. When we were done, she said, "Oh, I forgot the bread!" Of course, it was too late then. Kind of slow refilling drinks also. I maybe could expect this if they had been busy, but they were definitely not busy. I had the grilled shrimp and hubby had catfish. Both were very good. A little expensive, though.

louisville KY
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I found most local restaurants that are not chains there are not very good so we tried a chain restaurant and were very glad we did. The food was great.