“Very yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 157 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Medina, Ohio
“Very yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went here on a Saturday for lunch and it was very good. Our waitress was very nice and really attentive to what we wanted. The mac and cheese was delicious as well as the potato skin appetizer. The snickers cheesecake was the perfect thing to top off the meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeff C, General Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Ahh yes, homemade mac n' cheese on a beautiful Sunday afternoon is a staple here in the South. Thanks for stopping by and having ours!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food was amazing and the waiter/bartender we had, Josh Wells, was a riot. Made our experience there a lot of fun!
Thanks!! We will be back!

Josh has been called many things, but "a riot" is a new one. He is a silly, silly little man but we are glad to have him give the customer service you described. Thank you, and stop in and see "the riot" again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been here several times over the past couple of years, and the service and the food remains outstanding.

On this particular trip, I sat at the bar each visit. The bartenders who worked those particular evenings - Luis, Josh and Kim - were personable, friendly and attentive. Even though they're busy looking after the bar customers and making drinks for the restaurant customers, they stay on top of everything.

I love their locally-brewed beers. Each of my entrees - from the ribs to the ale steak to the rotisserie chicken - was wonderful. I highly recommend the broccoli with a side (not on the broccoli, request it on the side) of their beer cheese. One of the locals recommended this to me, and it was delicious.

In a tourist place like Gatlinburg, you know a place is good when they get local business. Calhoun's does. I highly recommend a stop (at least one) on your next visit to Gatlinburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you. I am glad you found the bar staff to be friendly and helpful (even Josh!). Now, let's talk beer cheese: I would eat it on almost anything. The broccoli is an excellent choice and can always be topped with our homemade beer* cheese. Have a great day!

*all alcohol is cooked out during preparation
Rogersville
“Usually favorite place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This restaurant is where me and my husband went on our first date so it's always been special but this last time we went I couldn't help but noticed how the service has gotten worse. We went early in the evening so there wasn't the usual wait but the service and the food being delivered was very slow. And note to staff, a couple alone does not usually want to be seated in an area with a lot of families with noisy kids. I have kids and usually I don't have a problem with where we are seated but a couple usually wants to have a quiet dinner and it just makes sense not to seat them in a huge family area. The amount of food has gotten a lot smaller (which would be good except the prices are higher). Overall, was just a little disappointed in our experience there this time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I am so sorry you had a mediocre experience. We will always honor a seating request, and I can assure you that nothing has changed as far as food quantity. I will look into this, thank you for your feedback.
Vidor, Texas
“Calhoun's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Delicious food, friendly waiters, and not a wait. Calhoun's is right on Parkway at stop light #10. The ribs were great, and so was the spinach salad with strawberries, oranges, cranberries, blueberries and nuts.

Visited July 2014
Sounds like you had the Smoky Mountain Spring Salad, with fresh craisans, honey glazed pecans, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, feta cheese and grilled chicken. It is a light and delicious option and we are happy you enjoyed it. (and the ribs, too!)