“Yum ” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 173 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Yum ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is delicious! We ate at the one in Knoxville and now this one and neither one disappointed. Wait staff was great too! I had the steak, potatoes and spinach. So great I couldn't leave any on the plate. Would come again in a heartbeat.

“Great Staff, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great and very friendly. The food was just average, not bad but wouldn't go again. The steak was medium rare not medium and hardly had any flavor.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Powell, Tennessee
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Calhoun's is one of my favorite restaurants, so no surprise we like the ones in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Best barbecue around and great catfish, too!

Visited January 2014
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Calhoun's: The real deal in Tennessee BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

After spending much of the day driving and doing photography in the Great Smoky Mountains, we arrived back in Gatlinburg at 4:30pm and very, very hungry. The first restaurant we stopped at was not yet open, so we walked down the street looking for something inviting. The second place was under renovation. We crossed the street to Calhoun's and looked at their menu. OK, we decided. The doors open to a beautiful and lofty space. I was interested in trying Tennessee BBQ. We sat under a sign proclaiming that the restaurant serves the best ribs in the world. Could that be? Aimee, our server was extremely helpful. She answered our questions regarding the flavor of their cold slaw. Calhoun's is also a microbrewer and Aimee offered to provide me with a sampler. In a few moments she was back at the table with five glasses of many brewed there. They ranked from light to a more heavy ale. In the middle was a wheat beer. I tasted them and I preferred the Hellas and the wheat. Leaning toward the wheat beer, which really surprised me. All were very good. My wife ordered a serving of short ribs. Aimee recommend the BBQ brisket to me. I ordered the slaw and was intrigued by a side dish called Spinach Maria. My wife ordered fries and slaw as her sides. We also were served three different kinds of bread: a cornbread muffin, a biscuit (a farm biscuit like my grandmother made!), and a fresh roll. That the meal was delicious does not encompass the experience. I tried one of my wife's french fries after she remarked how good they were. Wow. Invariable, I have found that restaurants slide a bit on quality on some dishes. Calhoun's is consistently good. I have been to only one restaurant where every single aspect of the meal was consistently delicious. I eat out a lot and love food, love to cook. We finished up sharing a white macadamia nut banana pudding. Yum, yum! YUM! And the price for this delicious? My wife could not believe the bill. That other restaurant where I had such a great meal, that cost 4 times what we paid at Calhoun's. Wish we had one of these at home. They're not moving out of Tennessee. They do what they say. The food is as good as they can make it; making everything from scratch. Do yourself a favor. Eat at Calhoun's!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Ohio
“Calhoun's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I ordered the famous ribs and they were delicious! I would definitely recommend them. If you like mixed drinks, get a mojito. It was awesome!

Visited December 2013