“Glass in my glass” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 174 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Glass in my glass”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went in for the "best ribs in America", and honestly, those were fantastic. Unfortunately, my first sip of my tea I sucked up a sharp piece of broken glass. When I showed the Glass that I lucky caught before swallowing, she said "oh". She brought me a new glass but nothing else was done. The prices were a little unreasonable for the food overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I am saddened to hear of this. I want to apologize for your bad experience. A glass shard is not something we take lightly, and had I been informed I could have better resolved the situation. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, however. If you have any other specifics about your visit you would like to share,please feel free to contact me at jchristian@calhouns.com.

Atlanta, Georgia
“"Great food & atmosphere"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and the friendly service here. The prices were reasonable and the location was great. Would definitely return if we get the chance.

Visited February 2013
“Yummy Valentine's Day Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Gatlinburg for the Valentines week. On Valentines Day we decided to look for a good BBQ restaurant. We asked around, read the reviews, and were pointed to Calhoun's. my husband ordered the BBQ ribs and I ordered the pork chop. All of the BBQ are smoked and the pork chop was marinated in olive oil and spices. This is the best pork chop I have ever eaten; the chop was boneless, no fat on the edge, and was grilled perfectly which gave it a delicious taste. I love key lime pie and they make theirs homemade YUM! All and all this was a excellent restaurant with homemade food, great service, and a country ambiance for a reasonable cost. I lf we ever travel here again, we will eat at Calhoun's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm glad we could be a part of your special day!
Jackson H
“Best ribs in America?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Best ribs in Gatlinburg maybe, but I wouldn't say in America. I've had better elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the ribs are good and the pulled pork and the baked beans. My wife also loved the cole slaw. The value was pretty good and the service was great. It's a good all-around eatery but not the best in America.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for dining with us. I'm glad everything was satisfactory. Come again soon!
Sarasota
“Great despite being close to some of the most tasteless tourist trap (Pigeon Forge) I have encountered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great ribs and other barbecue and excellently prepared sides. The service was friendly, personal and well timed. Great beers (although the Porter could have been a little heavier). Liked it so much we returned when we noticed a Happy Hour the next day and the wings and dips, service and beers were still super.

Visited February 2013
Great service, as well as our amazing food is what separates us from everyone else. Thank you for choosing us, please drop back by next time your up our way.