“Good sized portions..” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Good sized portions..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arrived in Gatlinburg just before 9 pm, hungry and thirsty. Headed to the parkway just wanting to find something quick to eat and drink. Realized we were passing in front of Best Italian, looked at the menu, and remembering positive comments about the food at the Elk Plaza we made a quick decision to stop here.

Service was a bit slow... took the waiter a while to acknowledge us and then again a wait to place the order.

Order a calzone to split between us and two glasses of water. Waiter was good at keeping the water topped up. Water was on the menu for $0.99 but we were not charged for it on our bill.

Calzone was, as previously reported huge and tasty. We ate less than 1/2 of it and took the rest with us. We also ordered the famous garlic buns (4) which were just as good as everyone says!

Not our best restaurant experience but it filled the bill for tired hungry thirsty tourists!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington, United States
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If eaten there a few times...most of the food good..Mr Regan was so nice ..I will be back soon.the place need updating...carpets are not good in any restaurant..with a facelift the place would be very.inviting...

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Independence, Kentucky
“Worst service ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I should start by saying they had the best garlic rolls I've ever had, and the mozzarella sticks were very good as well. But that's about all the good I can say.

After bringing us our drinks, our waitress didn't return to our table again for 30 minutes. The restaurant was not busy and there was no obvious reason why a manager or another server couldn't come to take our order. There were just two of us! Meanwhile, the waitress was happily hamming it up with a table of spring breaking young boys.

I wanted to leave but eventually the waitress took our order. We had read on TripAdvisor that the portions were large and could be split, so we specifically asked her how large the lasagna was and based on what she said, ordered a meal to share, plus an appetizer.

Someone else delivered the food and when they walked away we realized the order didn't seem right. We didn't get a salad and the lasagna was about half the size indicated. We waited a few minutes thinking the salad might be on the way or our waitress would stop by to check on our meal, as is standard. Our waitress never came back nor did anyone else. My boyfriend eventually hunted down another employee to inquire about our meal. He was told the waitress rang up a "lunch portion" which didn't include a salad and was a smaller portion. They would send a salad out anyway. We were irritated even more because there was no lunch menu, our waitress didn't indicate it was lunch portion, especially when we specifically asked how big the lasagna was. (The lasagna was not so great either.)

Eventually, our waitress returned with a salad (that looked 3 weeks old) and said because it was her error we would not be charged for the salad. She insisted the lasagna was the same portion as the dinner portion, even though some else told us differently and the size was different than what she herself said.

She never came back to our table again, never topped off our sodas, nothing. Very disappointing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Covington, Georgia
“Great service and Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate here during our trip last week to Gatlinburg, and really loved the service and the food. We ate around 1pm on a Monday, and the restaurant was steady, but not overcrowded. The gentleman sat us near the windows on the side of the restaurant, and the view was lovely. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and helped us find the best order to suit our needs (since neither my sister or I were very hungry, but her three year old sure was!) My sister and I divided the Chicken Parmesan, which was very good! It was served with spaghetti, which I ate, while my sister and my three year old niece split the child's order of Fettuccine Alfredo. The sweet tea was a dead ringer for what our mother makes, and there is no higher praise that I can give for that. The prices were reasonable, and we definitely would come back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Didnt even get to eat!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Went in with my family to try the place out and was told that my sleeping nephew could not stay in his stroller. We cold not bring our stroller in. The lady made a smart coment to my brother, so we lefted. She was very RUDE!

• Visited April 2013