“Great staff, nice scenic ride!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Friendswood, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great staff, nice scenic ride!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Our group of 9, ages 19 - 50, went riding. Our guide, Jonathan, was very friendly and helpful. We had been whitewater rafting, ATV riding, so it was nice to slow things down for a morning ride. Afterwards, the staff was very friendly. One of the girls suggested we drive out towards Cosby to the Carver's Applehouse orchard for lunch. It was as delicious as she had claimed!

Sevierville, Tennessee
“Wouldn't Go Any WHere Else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My family and i where staying in gatlinburg and wanted to go horseback riding, we asked around and this was the place everybody told us to go to.. My boys ( 5 and 7) had never done this before so i was a little worried how well they would do. The staff was great with taking there time to show them the right way to ride. The trails was beautiful you go threw streams and see many different wildflowers and we also got to see 2 BEAR. The horses did a great job and kept up. The guide did a great job making sure we came back in on top! HA HA They did have a weight limit of 225lbs and they said that the park officals are the ones who set the limit. So its really out of there hands..But we had a great time and found the pictures they sale are great shots and a reasonable price! Check this place out for sure!

newark ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Nice ride, rude cowboys!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Boy we had a lovely 1 hours ride April 1st. into the National park, up and down the hills and through the streams but the "cowboys" who helped you on and off the horses and gave instructions were rude. I wanted to get off the horse before my children to take a few photos and they said "you have to get off in the order you got on". so," No lady stay on your horse". The stable was taking photos to purchase for 15 dollars a shot which was very high. We always ride on vacation and have never been told we couldnt take photos, usually the guide will take our pictures with our cameras.They were not helpful and pulled my younger son off the horse before I could get there for a photo. Take plenty of extra cash if you want to have a photo of your family on the horses. The horses were very docile and followed the horse in the lead, ok if you like that sort of thing. Perfect for a brand new rider but a bit boring for anyone else. I was a a bit concerned that the horses ride up to 8 hours a day. As soon as we got back to the ranch the horses went out again. I suppose they were in such a hurry to get the next group on the horses they had no time for anything else.

USA
“Worst Ride In the Smokies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I recently rode here and had a terrible experience. Our guide was very nice, but some of the other staff was very rude. I've attached a picture (if it gets removed he is late 50s, round shape, white mustache) of the older man who made a rude comment to my wife about how she couldn't ride a horse properly. It was his fault becuase he set the length of the stirrup on one side longer than the other. Despite who was at fault, the comment was not necessary. He also scolded me like a small child because I halted my horse to take a photo of my wife at the end. I'm not sure what the hurry was because the weather was poor and nobody else was there to ride. Even in good weather, the scenery on the ride would not be very good. Overall, with rude staff and subpar scenery, I strongly recommend staying away from this outfit. Check out the ride at Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountain National park. The staff is nice and there is A LOT better scenery and you are almost guaranteed to see wildlife. It was raining and we still saw deer and bear in the Cove.

Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
“Nice freebie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was free with our cabin rental and we enjoyed the ride. The animals seemed frisky not just old and worn out. It was a nice ride through the forest.