“Ride Goes Through Smoky Mountain National Park” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 48 Attractions in Gatlinburg
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Outdoors
Waymart, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
“Ride Goes Through Smoky Mountain National Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughter loves to ride horses, and she would have rated this Excellent. It was my first ride, and I was very nervous. The ride goes up the side of a mountain and crosses a stream. If you have a bit of a problem with heights, a few parts of the trail might make you nervous, especially if you aren't used to riding horses, and if you get Old Ralph as your horse, who was somewhat aggravated with the horse behind him! So I spent most of my ride very nervous and hoping my horse didn't make a leap off of the trail and down the mountainside! Also, the trail was very mucky - don't know if it always is, or if it was that way due to recent rains.

On the positive side, the scenery is beautiful. The outfitter is approved by the National Park, and I believe part of the proceeds may go to the National Park.

A one hour ride cost us $30 per person plus tax.

Traverse City, Michigan
29 attraction reviews
“Nice stables - great horses - great guides!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Other than an unusually high amount of moisture (rain) and the path being super muddy--it was a great tour--the guide was very cautious and observant to all in our tour group. I really felt bad for the horses though as the terrain in spots was pretty clay/muddy and treacherous. Definitely one of the best run stable operations to look into to do the Smoky's.

Visited June 2013
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I rode the 1hr trail ride. She was nervous at first but our guide Allen talked to her along the way and made her feel at ease. The trail is absolutely beautiful and the staff was very helpful and nice. I had read reviews before I came here and I am here to say if your looking for an amazing ride through the Smokies this is the place to go!

Visited June 2013
Valparaiso, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“Nice Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family took the 1 Hour ride last week and had a great time. Lori was our guide and she did a nice job, giving help when needed and giving us some great information along the way. It was beautiful scenery and we loved the terrain- hills and streams to cross. We have ridden many times before in many different places and this ride ranks among the top.

Ringgold, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
“Trigger and Buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife road Trigger and I rode Buck! Had a good 1 hour ride through the backwoods and streams, worth the money spent.