“Hearts a Bustin' is a secluded hideaway with great appeal.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Laurel Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mountain Laurel Chalets
440 Ski Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Decatur, Alabama
“Hearts a Bustin' is a secluded hideaway with great appeal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a late check-in and were easily accommodated. The directions to the cabin were simple to follow. Getting to the cabin required traversing a very twisty windy road and we did this at night. I would not suggest traveling at night especially if not used to driving these types of mountainous curvy roads. When we arrived at the cabin we had a little difficulty getting the deadbolt to unlock. The key needed to be turned all the way into the unlock position and held there to unlock the door. If the key was turned back to the position to remove the key before opening the door then the dead bolt would fall slightly back into place locking the door again. Once we got inside we were greeted with a wonderfully open floor plan with a beautiful wooden staircase to our right. The huge picture window would let in a tremendous amount of light into the entire cabin if the shades would only open all the way. Unfortunately, when we stayed there the shades would only part about a foot and would not turn to allow the sunlight through. The amenities were great! The hot tub outside was warm and inviting under the decks awning especially with the small thunder shower that came through. Our daughters enjoyed being so close to the "wild" and seeing many more critters flit around then we would see back home. One morning our eldest woke up and watched a squirrel play on the back porch and the yellow breasted birds swooping through the trees. The open floor plan is a blessing and a bane depending on how you perceive it. The upstairs is completely devoid of obstruction and does not afford any privacy. Not that this is a bad thing but something to be considered. The mattresses were a little stiff and caused a small amount of discomfort but nothing disrupted our sleep. The showers had decent pressure, there was hot water, all the appliances were in good working order, and there is a grill on the deck. Overall, I am considering this cabin for our next mountain retreat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tenn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience with Mt Laurel rentals. We stayed at "Among the Clouds" and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, didn't want to leave! It was clean, well stocked, and nicely decorated. There was a spectacular view during the day and also at night. Two big covered porches with hot tub and a dual gas/charcoal grill that we used each night we were there. The house is very private which is nice when using the hot tub. I have stayed at rentals with absolutely no privacy where bad neighbors can ruin a vacation. We will absolutely use Mt Laurel again and return to "Among the Clouds".

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found out about Mountain Laurel Chalets on Tripadvisor and this was my first time renting a cabin in the Smokies. I had not been to this part of the US in over 20 years. We couln´t be happier with this beautiful, well-kept mountain cabin. Lovely decoration, details and overall good taste of the owners had me wishing we could stay a few more days! My husband and I traveled with our 7 year old son and had wonderful family time. Fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a full capacity washer and dryer were amenities that drew us into choosing this one bedroom hideout. There is a queen bed, heart shaped jacuzzi and a small living room and bath room that makes up for the entire 2nd floor, which is more like a loft, with open spaces as soon as you walk up the stairs, There is an additional guest room with a queen bed and a private bath on the main level. There is a wonderful hot tub with a wooded view that was very relaxing. The place is very quiet and not extremely close to the next cabin on the street. Did not see any bears during our stay...but it seems that they have a problem with bears and trash, so just be careful to dispose properly of your trash. There are 3 clu houses nearby with pools and games, and they give you an ID so you can use these premises which is nice in the summertime for kids. In other words, we enjoyed a superb stay, a quiet place in the woods and also a nice pool (a 10 minute drive from our cabin) for the same price as a hotel.
Be careful driving to these cabins though. Lots of narro turns and hills... I can see how it may be dangerous during the winter..Although upon arrival we were given a map and instructions on how to reach the cabin, we had a little bit of a hard time finding it...if you have a GPS device it will come in handy to mark the location once you get to the cabin. Pigeon Forge was a 15 minute drive. I would highly recommend Hearts A Bustin´to anyone looking for a romantic getaway or for family fun...we are already thinking about going back sometime next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The chalet costs less than a hotel in the area and allows for additional privacy. However to get these beautiful views you are high in the mountains. The hills are steep and sometimes not guarded from deep valleys. I often drove in the center of the road for safety. The cabin was decently clean and the appliances were old. We were in the Bear Pad, they said it could sleep four however it seemed just right for the two of us. The service was just as friendly as they needed to be but no more. In the summer they have a bear problem, but we didn't encounter any during our stay. We loved our seclusion and will stay in a chalet the next time we come down but will most likely try another company

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I spent two nights in Gatlinburg last month and was excited to find that I could enjoy spending the night in a Mountain Cabin for the same price or less than that of a boring hotel room. The mountains Mountain Laurel Chalet company listened to what I wanted and put me in the perfect two bedroom Chalet. It was an unforgettable experience to wake up in the morning while drinking coffee on our cabins porch to the sounds of mountain birds. We even saw a fox. The highlight was watching the sun come up while the clouds drifted across the face of Mt. Le Conte. I highly recommend renting a cabin when in the Gatlinburg area, and I highly recommend the very helpful and friendly people at Mountain Laurel Chalets.

E. Moore

Room Tip: They have cabins from one room to 12 rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have rented from Mtn Laurel Chalets for 20 yrs and I am sad to report their standards have dropped considerably. We rented a chalet in May 2012 and it was dirty. It hadnt been cleaned well in some time, sumdge marks on the walls and cob webs everywhere. The chalet was older and had not been well kept. The worst part was the rodents. Yes, there were mice. We could hear them in the walls, and I even took two dead ones out to the garbage. You would think they could at least empty there own traps or better, call a professional. When I complained, the man shrugged his shoulders and gave me a coupon for $30 off the next stay. There wont be a next time, there are too many rental companies to put up with this. Its a shame their standards are now so low. When we come back it will be with another company.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I really did love the chalet that I stayed at. It had a beautiful view & was very nice & clean BUT I will not be going back because of the unfriendly staff. There are just too many other chalet rental company's out there. The women there were soooo miserable looking & unfriendly. I am from Knoxville & go to Gatlinburg on a regular basis. These are by far the most unfriendly people that I have come across in a long time (although they were friendly on the phone when they were getting my credit card information). At check-in I stood at the counter for the longest time waiting on someone to help me. There were several people in the office & i was ignored. Then when someone finally helped me she seemed aggravated...maybe because she got stuck helping me??? She was rude. Didn't explain how to get to the chalet like other company's do. At check out it was the same thing. Won't be going back. Too much negativity for me!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Laurel Chalets? Share your experiences!