“Must have good brakes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Laurel Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mountain Laurel Chalets
440 Ski Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
“Must have good brakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The chalet costs less than a hotel in the area and allows for additional privacy. However to get these beautiful views you are high in the mountains. The hills are steep and sometimes not guarded from deep valleys. I often drove in the center of the road for safety. The cabin was decently clean and the appliances were old. We were in the Bear Pad, they said it could sleep four however it seemed just right for the two of us. The service was just as friendly as they needed to be but no more. In the summer they have a bear problem, but we didn't encounter any during our stay. We loved our seclusion and will stay in a chalet the next time we come down but will most likely try another company

• Stayed July 2012

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I spent two nights in Gatlinburg last month and was excited to find that I could enjoy spending the night in a Mountain Cabin for the same price or less than that of a boring hotel room. The mountains Mountain Laurel Chalet company listened to what I wanted and put me in the perfect two bedroom Chalet. It was an unforgettable experience to wake up in the morning while drinking coffee on our cabins porch to the sounds of mountain birds. We even saw a fox. The highlight was watching the sun come up while the clouds drifted across the face of Mt. Le Conte. I highly recommend renting a cabin when in the Gatlinburg area, and I highly recommend the very helpful and friendly people at Mountain Laurel Chalets.

E. Moore

Room Tip: They have cabins from one room to 12 rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have rented from Mtn Laurel Chalets for 20 yrs and I am sad to report their standards have dropped considerably. We rented a chalet in May 2012 and it was dirty. It hadnt been cleaned well in some time, sumdge marks on the walls and cob webs everywhere. The chalet was older and had not been well kept. The worst part was the rodents. Yes, there were mice. We could hear them in the walls, and I even took two dead ones out to the garbage. You would think they could at least empty there own traps or better, call a professional. When I complained, the man shrugged his shoulders and gave me a coupon for $30 off the next stay. There wont be a next time, there are too many rental companies to put up with this. Its a shame their standards are now so low. When we come back it will be with another company.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I really did love the chalet that I stayed at. It had a beautiful view & was very nice & clean BUT I will not be going back because of the unfriendly staff. There are just too many other chalet rental company's out there. The women there were soooo miserable looking & unfriendly. I am from Knoxville & go to Gatlinburg on a regular basis. These are by far the most unfriendly people that I have come across in a long time (although they were friendly on the phone when they were getting my credit card information). At check-in I stood at the counter for the longest time waiting on someone to help me. There were several people in the office & i was ignored. Then when someone finally helped me she seemed aggravated...maybe because she got stuck helping me??? She was rude. Didn't explain how to get to the chalet like other company's do. At check out it was the same thing. Won't be going back. Too much negativity for me!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nashville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We have had some horrific experiences renting cabins up here (ALPINE CHALET RENTAL WORST CABINS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!) but this is our second year and second cabin with Mountain Laurel and we couldn't be happier. We have stayed in Schonblick and Canoodle Nest. The cabins are kept clean and well maintained and the staff has been very helpful and courteous. This past trip we had a problem with the internet, made a call and there was a guy there in about 10 min! If you want a great cabin and experience rent with Mountain Laurel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My best friend from high school and her kids went with my son and I to have a nice fun weekend in the mountains.
I had heard that there might be snow, so off we went.

Check in was very easy. The office is located at the bottom of the mountain in town. They gave us a map and we were on our way!

I definitely recommend this group if you are looking for an alternative to a hotel room. There was a giant convention in town and hotels looked PACKED!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We have been staying on Ski Mountain in cabins for years, but we always try to use this company. They are friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. They always keep the cabins clean and in good repair and you can usually have access to the pool at the clubhouse in the summer. Great company to use in the mountain!

Room Tip: If you have a family with kids, try to rent "When Pigs Fly" cabin. It is by far the best o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Laurel Chalets? Share your experiences!