“First Class Chalets and Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

1441 Wiley Oakley Drive, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Special Price
10% Additional Discount
Cincinnati
“First Class Chalets and Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

We have been going to Gatlinburg, for many years. We have used several rental companies. We love Chalet Village, rental company. They never misrepresent their properties, their descriptions are always right-on, and the cleanliness is beyond compare. I always tell friends to check them out first. I left a very expensive item at the chalet, and Sheree, called me to tell me they found it and mailed it to me the next day. EXCEPTIONAL!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Elmhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We just returned from an amazing, last-minute stay at Chalet Village in Gatlinburg. We made our reservation 48 hours before our Spring Break trip and can not believe how lucky we were to stay there. We rented an amazing house at the top of a mountain overlooking the town of Gatlinburg. The view was spectacular. Our kids were amazed that we stayed in a 4 bedroom house (2 master suites) with pool table, full kitchen, many TVs including a big screen/DVD player and outdoor hot tub....and it was cheaper than our usual stays in hotels/resorts. We were able to bring our dog, eat meals in our cabin...and were nestled on the edge of Smoky Mountain National Park. Beautiful hiking. Fun things to do in the town of Gatlinburg. Overall, great vacation place. House was clean, staff was incredibly helpful. Highly recommend it, especially for a Spring Break trip when it's still off-season in the area.

new orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

This was the worst stay I have ever had in Gatlinburg, TN. Some problems we experienced include: the AC would not go below 75 degrees and it was in the low to mid 80s each day. It took over 24 hours to have someone straighten this out. Secondly,the large burner on the stove would not work. I told the office that I was in process of cooking our dinner and I would call them back when I was finished cooking, but instead, they sent someone out who made a mess on the stove and interrupted the meal. Thirdly, the 2nd floor bathroom toilet was not working properly; it would not flush. A few days later, I went to use the washer and it was not working. This was on Easter Sunday morning. I discovered that the water had never been hooked up to the unit, so I did it myself. Additionally,the railing on the rear porch is ready to break and the deck is very spongy due to inferior/improper construction materials. Next, several light bulbs were burned out and needed replacing. After the encounter with the stove, the owner of the company offered to move us. This would require that we repack and unpack again with no refund to us. I do not feel that this was an appropriate solution. In addition to these problems, the hot tub was not ready to use when we arrived. It took the maintenance man several hours to get the hot tub ready to use. The televisions were much smaller than advertised. In addition, the T.V. in the master bedroom is not working. The remote does not operate it and the controls on the T.V. itself have some type of malfunction. When you try to change the channel, it turns the T.V. off. The mountain roads were steep and narrow to get to the chalet. You could not turn into the driveway as it was too sharp of a turn to navigate. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT!!!! I wouldn't want anyone else to encounter such a terrible stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
jackson, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I loved the cabin. It was spacious and clean with a great view. We had some problems with the dryer not drying our clothes. They sent someone to check it, but he did not have any idea what was wrong. We figured it out our last day when a piece of clothing got stuck in the dryer where the seal was broken in the back. It destroyed the piece of clothing. I tried to call the office after we left (3 times) but the person I needed to speak with was not in and did not return messages. It is very frustrating!
Another positive was that we left a few things and they did ship it to us.

Champaign, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

The cabin was amazing and the view was beautiful. My only complaint was the incline of the driveway to get to the cabin. It was at such an angle and steep enough that you had to pass the entryway, turn around, and come down the hill. You would still end up scraping the bottom of your car. Not recommended for low riding vehicles, but the cabin and its amenities were wonderful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I have been renting cabins using Chalet Village for the past several years, and I have always been pleased with their customer service and properties. For this stay, I rented Cabin on High. I found the cabin to be roomy and beautiful, as the online pictures indicated. I was slightly disappointed with the view; the hot tub is located on the lowest level of the tri-level cabin. Having the hot tub located on the uppermost level would have made for an incredible view. There was also a noticable smell of sewage while we were in the hot tub.. This is the first time I have ever experienced this at a Chalet Village property. Due to this, I do not plan on renting this particular cabin again. Otherwise, the cabin was clean and as shown in the online photos.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

We stayed at 803 Wiley Oak and it was absolutly beautiful. The view of the mountains were amazing and the chalet had every ammenity we needed, from the hot tub to a grill. Also, the owners had additional ammenities such as board games that were great for a rainy day. Three bedrooms all with their own full bathroom. Can't wait to go back next year! Thank you Chalet Village!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Chalet Village? Share your experiences!