“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed here before and have always had a good experience. This past month I stayed here for 6 days and had no complaints per se. The room was spotless, bed was comfy, staff was wonderful, and price was great. Had minor issue with wifi, but it was addressed immediately for me. Only problem for me this visit was the need to do laundry, but was unable to use the laundry facilities due to furniture being stored in the room with the machines, thereby having to go to a laundromat.

I normally keep my 'do not disturb' sign on my hotel doors as I have had a trust issue with housekeeping staff in the past. Durng my stay here, I forgot to put my sign on the door one day while gone. I came back and my room had been picked up, and the bed made and dirty towels were replaced. I had left money out, as well as my PC, and other valuables. I was happy to see that not one thing had been disturbed by staff, and not one penny, nor piece of jewelry was missing. Yay for that! =-) Definitely very nice to have trustworthy housekeeping staff, so thank you.

The hotel is close to the main Parkway and offers easy access via the backside of the Village. If looking for a nice, clean, roomy place to stay, close to it all with a great price, then this is a great option!!
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Check-in was fast and easy; Rob at the front desk was very friendly. The cleaning staff was friendly and helpful as well. Our rooms were fresh and clean. The linens looked and smelled clean. The beds were comfy and there were plenty of pillows. There was a brand new flat screen tv on the wall. The water for the shower was hot and the pressure was excellent. There was a clean, working microwave and a small fridge that kept our drinks nice & cold. The motel is a very short walk to the main parkway and there is also a trolley stop right in front of the motel. There is an outdoor pool the appeared to be clean, although we did not plan to swim. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kettering
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Old adage applies, get what you pay for. We were able to save some money and found this to be a good location within walking distance of downtown.

Employees were very nice, room was large, very clean, comfortable bed and had a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was out of date & small. Shower controls were two faucets with no pressure balancing. Sink faced a corner, with mirrors on the side walls which was strange. Our room was next to the pool, but the drapes did not reach the floor to provide total privacy or light prevention.

Room Tip: Room was very noisy from street traffic - try to get a room as far away from the main street as poss...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I come to Gatlinburg every year, sometimes twice, and this is where we stay. We've stayed here for the past 4 years. It's very clean and I don't think you will find another hotel this close to the strip for the prices this hotel offers. The last time we were there they had recently remodeled and updated the rooms. It's run by a friendly Christian family and I've never had an issue while staying here. Keep up the good work, we will see you in October! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Everything about this place was excellent. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were just close enough to the main strip for everything to be in easy walking distance, but just far away enough to not be bothered with heavy traffic. We will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here April 11-13. The motel is located 2 blocks from the main strip. Everything is within walking distance, and there is ample parking in front of the rooms.
Our room was clean and suited our needs perfectly! There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker.
My only compliant is how low the shower head is...as a tall person, ducking to rinse my hair is bothersome.
Joe, at the front desk suggested that we go to Bennett's for ribs...it was a nice walk and the ribs were incredible!
Great weekend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Christian family run business. Its an older, renovated motel that is only a couple of blocks from the Parkway (the opposite way from the Aquarium). I went through the Chamber's website and got a King room w/sofa, overlooking the pool for $58. It had a microwave, refrig, flat screen TV, chair and balcony. Great people to deal with.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 414. It was separated from all the other rooms by a wide hallway with an inclined...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!