“Clean” 4 of 5 stars

247 Newton Lane, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Econo Lodge Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
“Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean needs updating. Good value for the price rooms are large. Decor is a bit outdated. Good for the price. I will stay here again if I need a clean comfortable room for a bargain basement price. This was my first stay here within walking distance to town

• Stayed August 2013

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Morehead, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a 3 or 4 star hotel this is not the place for you but the location is great since it is only about 2 blocks from the intersection by Ripley's Aquarium and the Village Shops.
It is an older hotel with small bathrooms but the room has all you need to spend a few nights
in Downtown Gatlinburg at a good price. It is an American family run hotel and the total for
3 nights was only $228 in peak season.

Room Tip: Some of the newer rooms have larger bathrooms if you ask for one of them but they are farther away f...
Radcliff, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Mountain House. The location was just off light 6 and easy to get to all the major attractions, but still out of the way enough to be peaceful. I needed a dowstairs room for my husband, who was on crutches. They happily gave us a downstairs room. The room was more than what we'd hoped! The beds were firm but not hard/the room was clean and everything worked! There was a small fridge, microwave and coffpot. The decor was modern but not busy. We sat on the porch in the evenings and relaxed. My husband loved the pool. The staff was really friendly and helpful. It's American-owned. We loved our stay! It was a little bit of heaven.

Room Tip: I called ahead to let them know I needed a room downstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at Mountain House for the first time this past fall and it will not be my last time. It was very clean, the staff was very nice and welcomed us immediately; this place reminded of motels from my childhood. The location is perfect in that it is located near downtown yet the location is quiet--no hustle and bustle of the busy streets.

I was most impressed with the fact that we were not expected to settle our account until checkout!! Now that is something that is unheard of today and once again it reminded me of my childhood.

We will be staying at Mountain House Inn for many years to come!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rossville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I Have stayed at mountain house about 25 times. It is very clean and the people at the office are very friendly. I have never had a problem. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. it is real close to the parkway. But is still quite.

hickory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was iffy about staying in this hotel, but my husband was determined to stay in Gatlinburg for the week of the Fourth of July so we could just walk down and see the parade and walk. This hotel was $64 overnight, it was extremely clean, they are American owned and it was only 2 blocks to downtown or A block to The Village, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. So glad we stayed and we will be staying again, also there was5 of us and they were able to accommodate with two queen beds for that price!! Everywhere else was at least $90 per night or wouldn't take 3 children and two adults!!

Room Tip: Clean, cheap, fantastic, American owned
New Richmond, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My sons and I stayed on the way back from a trip to Folly Beach, South Carolina. Gatlinburg is about half way home, so a great stopping point and a fun place.

We had not stayed here before, but it proved to be a pleasant stay. The property is a little confusing. The office is in the building closest to the Parkway. As we came in from the upper side and stopped at a stairway that looked like an office.

We arrived around 3 and were given a room that had not been cleaned. I returned to the office and they sent someone up to clean it pretty quickly.

There was a microwave, coffee maker and fridge in the room and they worked well.

The fixtures looked older, but all worked properly.

The pool area, although a little small, provided a couple of hours of entertainment for the boys. The area gets a lot of sun through the day and makes for a nice place to stay. There are chairs on the outside walkways of the hotel and are a nice place to sit in the shade.

It was a short walk to the Parkway, which has several attractions and is a nice walk. There are also a multitude of good places to eat. If you like airsoft Gatlinburg is loaded with stores.

Overall, this a very good place for the price.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!