“Horrible decor, NO "cold" in shower, Room smelled” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
N.w.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel has going for it is their location! This was supposed to be a mother/weekend getaway and all we wanted to do was GETAWAY from the room! There was a horrible odor in the hotel (due to the age of the hotel); the rooms were nasty and had outdated furniture. Our room was nestled in between 2 very noisey families, which we heard the entire converation because the walls were so thin. Water pressure in the shower was terrible and had very little hot water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here on our honeymoon. When we arrived at the front desk, the clerk was busy complaining about her schedule. We picked up our room key and had to go over to a guest service to get our parking permit, where they try to dupe you into getting cheap attraction tickets if you attend a 90 minute presentation on "how you can save money in Pigeon Forge" (i.e. buy a timeshare).

The room we checked into had some age to it, and it showed. I couldn't plug my phone into the charger, since the outlets were coming loose. I noticed in the bathroom that the toilet paper was on the far end of the opposite wall from the toilet, so I measured the distance from the edge of the toilet to the toilet paper, and it was exactly 4 feet!!! How are people supposed to reach that far across? The shower wasn't so bad although the water pressure was kind of rough.

The one thing that irked me the most was the bed. That bed was as hard as rock. You know your vacation's going to be ruined when your wife wakes up two days in a row crying due to immense back pain from a hard bed. I should have just checked out the first night and demanded my money back. It pained me to watch my wife cry from back pain, and it made the rest of our honeymoon difficult since she always had to stop every once in a while to sit down and rest her back wherever we went. I had to dish out extra money to take her to a massage place to help ease the tension in her back (which I don't mind since she is the love of my life).

One other thing that irked me was the balcony. I went outside and couldn't get back in! Apparently you have to have your room key card with you to get back in from the balcony, which is the dumbest idea I have ever seen a hotel implement. I had left the room key and my phone in the room, but I was so lucky my wife was in the room to open the door for me, or else I would have been sitting on the balcony in the cold weather for quite some time. The chairs on the balcony were covered in dirt, so I didn't even bother to sit down.

The refrigerator was good, particularly since they give you a 4 cubic refrigerator instead of one of those tiny 2 cubic refrigerators. The coffee pot wasn't plugged in and I couldn't plug it in without unplugging the tv or refrigerator. It didn't even have a top on the back of it where you pour the water, which would allow dust, dirt, and hair to get in there. Anyone want a complimentary cup of dusty coffee?

Overall I will never stay at this place again. Thanks Days Inn for ruining my honeymoon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway

Address: 1109 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Location: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway 2*
The Days Inn and Suites hotel is ideally located on the main parkway in downtown Gatlinburg, 100 yards from the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains National Park and one block from the Gatlinburg Convention Center. Family fun is abundant in the area, with nearby attractions like Ripleys Aquarium of the Smokies and the Ober Gatlinburg ski area, aerial tramway and amusement park. This hotel is also convenient to Dollywood theme park and Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede dinner attraction, both located in neighboring Pigeon Forge. The city of Knoxville and the University of Tennessee Knoxville are about one-half hour away. You will find something for everyone at the unique Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community, one of the largest groups of independent artists in North America. Browse the many exciting exhibits and displays which include paintings, ceramics, stained glass, carvings, photography and much more. Gatlinburgs finest shops, entertainment venues, restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area, many within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel offers many fabulous features and amenities, including: • Free high-speed Internet access • Free Daybreak breakfast • Free local calls • Free weekday newspaper • 32" flat-screen televisions in all rooms • 2 Pool - Indoor & Outdoor• All guest rooms features microwaves, refrigerators and coffee-makers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway Hotel Gatlinburg

If you own or manage Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.