“Kinda blah for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3 Save 20%
Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Kinda blah for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Gatlinburg has bunches of places to stay. This one is ok for the area. Some rooms are good and others have a wall for the view. The room needs cleaned better. Mold on shower curtain and in tube/shower.

Staff at desk was very good. Air didn't seem to be working well so we called for assistance. A young man came up held his hand in front of it said it was fine and to not turn it down below 64. He then left and told the office he fixed it. Went out hoping it would cool down .... It didn't so another call was made to the desk. The desk girl came up and started taking the thing apart and cleaned it. It started working a bit better (made it comfortable). She talked the whole time and told stories about herself and the area and chatted black and forth about many topics. This made the place not a disappointed.

The area is beautiful and I would stay here again if I needed to in order to visit however there are so many places to stay I see no reason to go back and will instead try another place... Maybe the Days Inn on the river

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not have the view of one of the walls.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a nice stay at days inn. The hotel was clean, comfortable beds, and good location. Each day they cleaned the room to my high standards. The breakfast was okay. Each person we came across that worked at the hotel always said hello. Yes we would stay here again.

Room Tip: they have loft rooms
Union City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!
This was to be the last trip my husband and I could make to Gatlinburg or anywhere, due to his Parkinson's and Dementia. We planned this early and went through Expedia for two nights and one night through the motel, itself.
We were given a handicap room. BIG MISTAKE. The handicap rooms are down on River Road entrance and we had to push the wheelchair WAY up the drive to get on the sidewalk. The internet service WIFI was terrible!!! We had a family member with us who does his work via the internet and was going to work while with us. WRONG MOVE! He could not work and I hope he has a job still after returning home from Gatlinburg. The ice machine in the lower building was nasty looking, hopefully no mold in it.
The furniture in the handicap room was scratched horribly and a smell was in the room, and we could not get into our room until 5:15 p.m. on the day we arrived. So, going into the mountain, we had to have all of our things in our van, which made it a tight squeeze to enjoy.
The maid never knocked, before entering and opened the door! Thank the Lord our chain was on! Then they tried to come in on us, again!
The electric outlets would not hold our cell phone cord. It was worn out!
The coffee was terrible and the gravy was extremely salty and we could not eat that.
The public bathrooms had no toilet paper, for several days, and was nasty. The outside sign was chipped and needed paint. The bedspreads were dirty.
We mentioned the room was not good and they gave us another room in the upper building, at which we had to move all of our items out of the handicap room and into the upper area! So this was tough for me as a woman with the heat.
The upstairs room was nicer, but the internet accessibility was horrible still and the plugs would not stay in the wall and the bedspreads were dirty, also.
It did have an elevator and a parking garage, but that was tough to go back and forth, after already settling in.
The only positive thing I can say was that the girl who worked the first day went overboard trying to help us. She had worked long hours. Very good...
So, I guess my review is harsh, for I did not expect my "last trip" with my husband of 41 years to be this horrible. I'm saddened that the motel was this bad. We've stayed in many motels in our lives and this was really too chaotic for us.
So, my recommendation is terrible and I would give this motel a one star. I want a refund..... Never stay there, again... Very sad.

Room Tip: Look your room over, first, before staying!
Lebanon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and mother-in-law just returned from 3 nights here and they do not have good reports. (I didn't want them to stay at this property based on other Trip Advisor reviews!)

On the positive side, the beds were good. They were comfortable and clean with no signs of bed-bugs or other unsavory things. The linens were also clean. The toilet looked new and was clean.

On the negative side, there was dust on top of all pictures and door frames; the carpet was dirty and stained; the caulking around the tub was in deplorable condition and there was mold all over the tile. The shower curtain was stained and didn't look clean.

This is an outside entrance (old style) motel with no visible security.

There are better properties to be found nearby for not much more money. Always check TripAdvisor and trust the reviews!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dalton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The room was excellent. Very clean and nicely decorated. My only complaints were that the halls were extremely hot and the ice machine for my building wasn't working, I had to go to the store to get a bag of ice. Other than that I was satisfied with my stay

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway? Share your experiences!