“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Only thing negative I would say about this hotel was it was a little out dated , but so are a lot of Gatlinburg hotels these days . room was clean and staff were great, would stay here again no problem. Good enough for the price.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We got a room above the Offices, in the main building. The first room was "Pet Friendly" they did change our room to an non pet room. The room had 2 double beds and was over sized. Did not have a microwave, there is one by the front desk. This Hotel is on older one, looks like they bought a hotel across the street and added to there room count. 3 pools, hot tub, baby pool, Sauna ($5 deposit for the key). The hot tub is inside, and the Large pool and Baby pool are inside as well but cold. You are at the top of the Hill right before you enter The Smokey Mt. Nat'l Park. There are 2 Trolley stops in front of the Hotel, RED and GREEN. The Trolley's now have GPS in them so you can pull up the webpage and see where all the Trolley's are in Gatlinburg. (50 cents per ride, or $2 Day Pass front desk can sell you the day pass)
We did have a problem with the shower knob breaking and stuck on HOT. I told the front desk and they came to fix it but had to replace the knob. The water is a bit touchy but we figured it out and only moved it a little at a time. The pool tiles are slippery so be careful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Franklin, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My Wife and I booked our room for our Honeymoon a year in advance. Upon entering the hotel we noticed a lot of construction going on with the hotel. Ton's of noise going on during the day up late into the evening. The room was large but very old. The carpet was stained and even though we specified a non smoking room the odor of smoke was heavy. The walls were thin and the wallpaper was pealing. The Toilet clogged and when I call the desk to ask for someone to unclog it I was told to come by the desk and pick up the plunger if I wanted it unclogged. The room was cleaned daily but towels were scares. I called the desk again and ask for more towels and was told laundry had gone home for the day and there would be no towels until tomorrow. The Whirlpool tub never worked and I walked to the desk and ask that maintenance fix the tub but was told there busy with reconstruction and would be glad to fix it when we leave. The desk staff was rude, Hotel was dirty with rodent droppings , Poor service all the way around. When leaving I ask to speak with the owner or management and expressed all my concerns he did apologize and offered us 10% off of our next stay. I told him that I would not be staying here again at anytime ever again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really don't understand the lousy reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly and efficient, the room clean and I loved the three pools and hot tub. Traveled solo July 14-16, 2014, with a small dog. This is one of the older motels in Gatlinburg and is off the main strip. The motel is close to Smokey Mt. Nat'l Park. I met lots of friendly travelers. I felt very safe here. I found Gatlinburg to be a giant outdoor Chuck E. Cheese, however. The wifi was slow but you're in the Smokey Mountains. Get out and enjoy the park. I'm not real picky about motels, I'm looking for a clean room, comfortable bed and safety. I found that and more at SJ.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked two creekside rooms with king beds. Spouse and I in one room. Daughter and niece in other. They put us on the fourth floor so to see the creek we had to lean over the balcony. Our room was basically clean but had issues. The inside of the refrigerator door is broken. The outlet the fridge is plugged into is under the sink and had no outlet cover. The light fixture over the table is coming off the ceiling. Water was leaking from the commode. Tiles are missing off the wall behind the bathroom door. The tub used to have non slip mat on bottom that is not there anymore but you can still see where it was. Baseboards are coming off the wall. Although non-smoking rooms there are cigarette burn marks on the bedside table. Daughters room has two badly patched repair places on the ceiling. The side of the vanity is broken and has a nail sticking out. The patio door knob is about to fall off. The water temperature in the shower ranges from hot to cold to ok while you're using it. The grout between the floor tiles in both rooms is old and discolored. The indoor pool water is cold. The hot tub has brown foam floating on the top. The whole place needs updating. The furniture looks like it's as old as the building. It all needs to be brought up todate. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Rooms were not that clean pic's online do not even match the room we were put in. Staff was friendly but would not stay there again. Pool area was not that clean especially the indoor pool and basically the whole place is dated

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a really cute older hotel. They have very nice pools and the indoor pool is cold. The hot tub has had dirty foam on the top since we arrived. Our door keys simply don't want to work most of the time. Maintenance fixed it and gave us new keys but it is still acting up. We made reservations for a queen bed and you have the option of having a creek side veranda for a little extra cost. We were given a king bed and a creek side veranda. For the same price as our original booking. It is located a ways up the hill from the main street in Gatlinburg but it has been nice and quiet up here, The bed is comfortable, and the shower is hot. The staff here are wonderful. Very courteous and willing to help. They all have an old story to tell lol. All in all a decent hotel for the price

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor (top floor) and did not hear anything. No kids above us to stomp around