“Pleasant Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee
“Pleasant Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

We recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn (July 3-July 6). The room was absolutely huge! The room was clean and very pleasant. They provided in room coffee maker, hair dryer and iron, which I liked. The only problem was the location of the room. You literally had to go down steep and I mean steep grades to get to it. I was worn out afterwards. We did have a late check-in and apparantly got the last room they had available. We did have reservations however. DO NOT stay in room 152 or 153 unless you enjoy having to make that steep journey. The other rooms were in a good location. No problems with the actual room, just the location. I would recommend they have in room safes however. It would have been easier to go to the pool if I didn't have to carry my purse with me. The location was great for the annual 4th of July parade (they started the parade just up the street from the hotel) and great location for the fireworks as well.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

We decided to go to Gatlinburg for the fourth of July celebration, finding a room was hard, but we managed to get a room here overlooking the Parkway with our own private balconey, plus our own private walkway to the room. It was a large room with everything we needed. It was nice to have peace and quiet. The staff was helpful and polite. Our room was clean and we didn't have any problems. The price isn't bad either some of the dives in Gatlinburg are higher priced and a lot worse. I have recommened this hotel to a lot of people who were more than satisfied. I will definately stay here again. (If this place is booked another great place to stay is Sidney James Mountain Lodge.)

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

After 4 visits to Rodeway Skyland, I am convinced that the people who write the bad reviews have the money to stay anywhere, and just get caught without a room because the elite hotels are full. When planning a trip to Gatlinburg, we used to price shop all over town, but never found a value like Rodeway. Now we book Rodeway and forget the search. We like the rooms, and have stayed in several different ones. We like #152 for 4 people. We like the location. We walk all over Gatlinburg when we're in town, and yet it is out of the way just enough to miss most of the traffic. The people are nice, the rooms we've had are clean, and the prices are great. Also, from the swimming pools I've seen while driving around town, some even at really pricey places, this one is downright huge. My bottom line is this...If you've got an extra 50-75.00 per night to blow on a room, go on to the Clarion or the Bearskin Lodge, but I don't. If you want a decent room, at a decent location, for a decent price, see Rodeway!

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Rodeway Inn Skyland? Share your experiences!