“Noise at night was terrible on the ground floor” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
United States
“Noise at night was terrible on the ground floor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

the noise from the street and nightclub made a good nights rest impossible. The room should have been at a great discount. Even then, I would not recommend staying in the hotel. We reported the problem ater day one and on check out. We suggested better noise insulaton and were thanked for our feedback

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Linda A,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from traffic and nearby nightlife. Your comments will help us find ways to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Christie Connatser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had booked a creek view balcony a month before the trip, but all they had left was parking lot view when I arrived after 6 p.m. (guaranteed with credit card). My profile clearly says near an elevator, and I was placed at the complete opposite end which made it a little creepy coming back alone late at night. The parking was a nightmare but free. On a plus note, the in-room fireplace was nice, although I woke up in the middle of the night and it was still going in spite of setting the 30 minute timer (and it was still on 30!). The property is also conveniently located within walking distance to everything along the Parkway. I would opt to stay in Pigeon Forge the next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

If I'm going to Gatlinburg I am staying here. They have great rooms, great staff, the best breakfast and a wonderful location. If I can't stay here I'm not going. If you have a family of four you can save 30-40 dollars just from eating breakfast at the hotel and not having to go out to eat Also, Best Pizza is across the street, its a wonderful place to eat..Be sure to get creek view room so your not looking at parking lot.

Room Tip: Be sure to get creek view!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Shawnee KS, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great view of the sky lift. The only thing that I would say about the breakfast, I always eat oatmeal and it was not on the table, but I did enjoy the waffles. Thanks for your hospitality. Just kidding about the oatmeal, you had a great breakfast. Enjoyed my stay and the white lightning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Murfreesboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our first night at the hotel our fireplace took over 20 minutes to come on...on our second night it didn't work at all. Other than the fireplace out stay was fine. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again..I will just check the room first and make sure everything works properly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Weaverville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Excellent service, food was hot and delicious, staff very helpful and friendly. It was noisy late at night with lots of kids church groups in the hotel. Another weekend might be better. However, there is no elevator near 2nd or 3rd floor Handicap rooms. With a knee replacement, this was a problem. I was able to move to a ground floor the next day on a two day trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Woodstock, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This Hampton Inn is located right on the main street in Gatlinburg very good location. We would stay here again. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The Gondola is next door to the hotel that takes you up to the top of Ober Gatlinburg. You can walk to most places in town from this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!