“July trip to Gatlinburg” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“July trip to Gatlinburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I went on a weekend trip to Gatlinburg on July 20th and stayed at the Hampton Inn. We had stayed here years ago and decided to return this weekend. We normally stayed at a locally owned property when we come to Gatlinburg to save some money, but this time decided to earn some Hilton points. This Hampton was very nice and is in a good location in Gatlinburg. It is at the top of the busiest part of the city, but still an easy walk to everything. The queen bed room we had was nice; however, was small but clean and there was a pull out sofa and a nice balcony. The hotel also had a breakfast available with waffles, eggs, sausgage and etc that was free. Overall, this was a good experiance.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was surprised by two things maybe three. It was at the end of the main strip. That means crowded streets all the way to the hotel. But it is at the end so it's easy to get to the National park. The "river view" is a little stream. Which was fine it is a very busy area. The most surprising part is that it is a Hampton with outside opening doors! I.e open your room door and you are outside in the parking lot. I am not a big fan of this. The friendly staff made up for most of this. The breakfast was good. Rooms clean, beds comfortable, eating places nearby. The national park being close by was all I needed. Great place, good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Normally we stay at one of the other Hilton Properties in Gatlinburg but decided to try the Hampton this time. At first we were hesitant as we do not stay at facilities with exterior room doors. After communicating with management we decided to make the reservation. Upon arrival we were greeted by Sarah who was absolutely engaging and professional. This is an older facility that has been updated to Hampton Standards. The room is smaller but the balcony makes up for it. The room and bed were clean and comfortable- Hampton standards. The location is great and everything is within walking distance. The hot breakfast is available each morning and the dining area is immaculate- it was a treat to also eat outside adjacent to the flowing creek. The swimming area is very nice and there also is a fitness room . After a couple of days we forgot all about the exterior door as the facility was quiet. The value for this facility is excellent particularly when you consider the daily breakfast. The room had a microwave and fridge. We were quiet impressed and have no reservation in recommending this Hampton.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter. Lower floors may hear the traffic. The balcony rooms are preferred.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wanted to attend Gatlinburg's Fourth of July Parade which occurs at midnight on July 3. Because of the time of the parade and not wanting to deal with traffic afterwards, I searched for a convenient downtown location. The personnel at the hotel were very friendly. The property and room were very clean. The location was awesome. I had a creekside room which overlooked a running creek, the sound of the water was very relaxing....best sleep I've had in a while! Even with the Fourth of July holiday, I had no issues with noise or being disturbed. The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, attractions, etc... I will definitely stay here again. There was a fireplace in the room which I would love to come back and use in colder weather too!

Room Tip: Ask for a creekside room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Seymour, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would not stay at this Hampton Hotel again. The door had a hard time latching. Had to put your weight against the door to lock it. Room was hot, took A/C all night to get the room cooled down to a comfortable temp. Noisy , thin walls. I think the eggs are powdered eggs. Need to put out more fruit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort of our rooms and our breakfast offerings. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Christie Jordan
Nicholasville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is right next to all the downtown shops making it easy to shop and make return trips when needed. I highly recommend staying here. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is great for families on the run.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that Gatlinburg has jumped to the top three worst cities that I've ever been to. However, this review is about the gem in the awful city and I'll address that...

The Hotel is located at the edge of the infamous Gatlinburg boardwalk and is easily identifiable by a Hampton Inn sign from the road and is very closely located to a TGI Fridays (as a landmark). This is an outdoors location for those travelers who have never been to one. They are more common in the south and like many of these locations; it has a lobby area that is separate from the rooms. I was warmly greeted by the Hampton Inn staff and they honored my Hilton Gift Card and upgraded me (I"m HHonors Gold) to a King sized room from the Queen size that I booked. Both the manager on duty and the woman at the desk were very polite and were the highlight of this hotel.

The rooms offer two locations. One side offers a view of the parking lot and the other side offers a view of a creek/pool. The view of the creek/pool costs more and I honestly don't think it's worth spending the extra money because although the scenery is nice, you also have to deal with the noise from the pool area and there were many guests that ignored the curfew at the pool and were quite loud (families with kids). I was happy with my room bordering the parking lot because it was fairly quiet during the evening hours. The room offered ample space and had a balcony. I sat out on the balcony and due to the humidity in the area during the summer months, bugs naturally made their way into the room. They were minimal and didn't bug me (hahaha). The bathroom was a good size and the water in the room got warm quickly. The housekeeping staff did a mediocre job at cleaning up all of the hair from the person who stayed in the room in front of me; which is the main basis for the 4 out of 5 rating.

Breakfast in the morning is served in the separate lobby area and was your typical Hampton Inn fare of waffles, oatmeal, juices, coffee, sausage, eggs, potatoes, pastries, and fruit. Everything was well stocked and what I had tasted good. The breakfast hostess had set up a "tip cup" and was soliciting tips; which I've never seen before at a Hampton Inn and found to be uncalled for. I cleaned up my own plate and didn't have any reason to tip her anyways. I got to breakfast around 8:30am and noticed that this was around the time it got busy; so you might want to come just before that time to avoid the rush.

Overall, it was a decent stay. I'll save my feedback on the local area eateries because there's so much on the strip to choose from. Checkout in the morning was also a breeze, but I had to go to the front desk to get my bill whereas most Hampton Inns slide these under your door. Parking is free, but it's likely just built into the cost of the room. With a AAA discount I ended up spending over $125.00 a night which is about the going rate in some large cities ( I paid less in downtown Cincinnati less than 2 weeks ago). Given the area, this was the easy choice as most of the other hotels were motel-style or cabins and I trust the Hampton Inn name. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, but it isn't in my "top 5" Hampton Inns by any means. Stay with confidence.

Room Tip: Creekview rooms are more noisy and cost more
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!