“Nice hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Winston-Salem, NC
“Nice hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I enjoy staying at Hampton Inns and this property is no exception. The only problems I experienced during my stay were with the internet going up and down and the television which was difficult to operate. The property is very clean and the rooms appear to have been recently updated and are nicely furnished. The staff was courteous and helpful. There is a nice breakfast but the rubbery omelets and horrid powdered eggs need to go but there are enough other choices that you certainly won't go hungry.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Decatur, GA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Room was an external entrance, I prefer and expect internal entrance rooms from Hampton Inns. I recognize the site location presented challenges. The stream was nice and glad it was preserved. The room was smaller than usual for a Queen double in Hampton Inns. It felt cramped for the two of us (my son and I).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We do appreciate your comments and feedback, and take them seriously as ways to improve our service and accommodations.

Our hotel does have exterior entrances which were common when our hotel was built, and are common to our area. We do understand that this is not ideal for all of our guests, however, we do maintain all of the current Hampton Inn Brand standards throughout all areas of our property.

In 2012 we completed a $2 million dollar renovation. We hope that you and your son enjoyed these updates, and will consider staying with us again when you return to Gatlinburg.

Christie Jordan
LI NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel is at end of town right next to Great smokey National Park.The town is a great walking town.We would walk into the park, nice trail by the stream.The hotel is clean & breakfast is better than most. The staff went out of there way. Stephane was the best.She helped us out so many times. Ivan was also great.Very happy with them. The town is a cool town,lots to do.

Fort Payne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I took my wife for a birthday get a way. My stay was outstanding. Room was clean and it was maintained daily. Breakfast was perfect. I really enjoyed being able to just walk the strip in Gatlinburg as I we wanted.

auburn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was great.... My sister and Friend and I stayed for 4 nights in Gatlinburg tn. It was very close to all of the little shops on the main strips of the road! I would def... recommend staying there for a trip :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Ortonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The manager needs to rethink how and when maintenance is done. Access to elevator on ground floor or pool aera should have been left open while painting the floor or someone provided to help seniors get thier bags up and down the stairs. Also should have had a crew of 5 or 6 people to blow the debris and get it done in an hour or two, instead of one guy blowing all day. Other than that our stay was great.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This must have been another property once upon a time. Looks like a traditional motel with doors that open to the outside. The lobby looked like a new Hampton Inn. The bathrooms were updated. The beds were not as comfortable as we've come to expect from the Hampton Inn, our favorite hotel chain by far. The comforters were lumpy--just made the beds look bad. Not being laundered properly? Room and bathroom were not as clean as they might have been. We had a room that had a balcony with chairs and a little table that overlooked the creek. It was too cold to leave the door open, but the sound of the running water was wonderful when the door was open. The outdoor pool must be heated. It was quite a draw, for kids at least, who were swimming even when the temperature dipped into the 30's! Great location, since you can walk to everything. It is one huge traffic jam if you are driving. Special kudos to front desk person, Ivan. The first day I saw him, he was doing the breakfast. I said to my companion that I'd never seen a person keep the breakfast stocked and the counters and tables clean like he did. The next day I had questions and Ivan was at the desk. I complimented him on the breakfast and he said he was just filling in. He told us how to avoid the traffic to get back on Rt 81, recommended a pottery place and gave us a card and said to call him if we got lost; that he worked til 3:00. Thanks, Ivan!

Room Tip: The creekside rooms are worth the small increase in price. While I was checking out Gatlinburg hote...