“Soso stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Soso stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The place is not the best or worst. Needs updating and new items. Get what you pay for here. Don't recommend the food. More than one of this hotel in the area. Check the shower and bathroom area good. Check the beds for spiders.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked a room for a couple of nites. I called when I lost my confirmation number, I called when I got lost a couple of times, I called when I said I was running late. The gal who answered was an absolute doll each time. Then when we arrived she was there and she was just as nice in person as on the phone. Much more to my surprise was the woman who was running the office the next day was just as friendly and personable. Our room was very nice and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The vacation was rainy and cold but over when we got home my 7 yr old granddaughter mentioned how nice and pretty the ladies at the hotel was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We booked our stay here in advance to ensure room due to rod run that weekend. When we arrive here we get our card for the room and she states its on the floor level we had booked a balcony room which was extra. I showed her my confirmation paper and told her and she said come back in the morning and talk with manager. Needless to say we did they had awful customer service wouldn't help anything I showed her the confirmation of the room that states room opens to balcony she said its hotels.com faults I talked to them they called super 8 and they wouldn't speak to hotels.com when contacted. Hotels.com gave me 10% off my stay. The managers would not talk or help they are awful there. I wouldn't recommend someone staying there because you will not get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012
MIDDLESBORO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had just a couple of days for a quick get-a-way-so nothing was planned. We stayed for a super low price and even cheaper the 2nd night. We were so pleased by the cleanliness and well kept exterior. A bit of a walk up from traffic light #8 but close to great restaurants and night life! Thanks for a very affordable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Century, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stay on this property approximately 4 times a year. All the staff is very pleasant and the breakfast is a bargain! Plan to be there again for the car show this spring.... if not sooner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011 via mobile

The rooms were smelly, smelly and stained blankets, the wall next to the bed was stained very bad. The bathrooms weren't clean enough... You getting what you paying for... Or less. We spent the night, and left early somewhere else, we didn't see the service lady... I don't even think there is one.

• Stayed September 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We chose Super 8 because it was the cheapest room in Gatlinburg ($45 on a Thursday night). At that rate, I didn't expect much, and I wasn't disappointed. We were literally the ONLY people in the entire motel that night, which was very creepy. Immediately after entering the room we encountered a camel cricket, which hopped all around/over us before going behind the tv where we couldn't reach it. The a/c unit worked well, which was a plus. There didn't seem to be any warm water. Neither of us used the shower, but the sink water was very, very cold. The toilet was clean, but the bedsheets did not appear to be clean at all. The bed was uncomfortable, but we were so tired that we weren't too bothered by it. The light switch right inside the door didn't work. The person working the desk when we checked in was very unfriendly, but the person as we left was quite nice. This hotel could stand to have a few simple improvements to make it bearable. I don't plan on staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Town N' Suites? Share your experiences!