“Our first stay at the Glenstone but probably not the last!” 5 of 5 stars

Glenstone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   504 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #54 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Kingsport, TN
“Our first stay at the Glenstone but probably not the last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Stayed at the Glenstone 2 nights in May while in Gatlinburg for a business conference. This is an older property but was extremely well maintained and clean. Our 5th floor room was very comfortable with a balcony and a great view of the surrounding mountains. The Glenstone is only a short walk (about three blocks) from the Gatlinburg Convention Center and many of Gatlinburg's best restaurants and shopping areas. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate our needs. The indoor heated pool and hot tub was and unexpected bonus! This was a very good experience overall and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Fayetteville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed 2 this hotel for three nights. The first thing I was the room was about average and there was no info on the hotel. After getting settled I went to a buddy's room to visit he was staying in the same hotel a floor below. His room had holes in the walls. The next morning I got up allowing me ample of time to get ready and eat breakfast then attend my days meetings. I went to take my shower and it took approx. 15 minutes to get hot water by letting the water run. The next morning went smooth i got ready went and got breakfast. The hostes sat us and began to argue with the waitress. the arguement went on for approx 2-3 minutes. The next morning I had no hot water after letting the water run fro approx. 30 minutes I took a cold shower. Now the first morning with a luke war shower I thought it might be a lot of people in the hotel taking a shower at the sametime and the hotel maybe full. The second night i figured out that the hotel was not full and there was no where near the people I thought there was staying at the hotel. so that really got to me when I was taking the cold shower the third morning. This hotel advertised the restaurant being open for lunch if it was I couldn't tell it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Oak Ridge, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

The Tennessee Building Officials Association held their annual conference at the Glenstone Lodge. We needed classroom space, (had four nice classrooms) exhibitor space, (room for 23 exhibitors) hospitality room, (Highlander I&II) and because of our classroom schedule we needed breakfast served at 6:00 am.

The Glenstone Lodge staff made everything work like clockwork. As education chairman and conference coordinator, they made my job go very smoothly. Everything was set-up on time and the coffee, soft drinks and cookies for our break times was on time every time.

Our stay was so successful, we are returning next year. I have been involved with the annual conference for many years and this years conference was one of the easiest yet.

Denny J. Boss, Education Chairman, Tennessee Building Officials Association.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Burnside, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

The Glenstone Lodge is a great place to stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms and very nice pool area. Our large group has stayed there 2 years in a roll and will more than likely stay again next year if we are in the area. It's located close enough to downtown Gatlinburg so you can walk to town and do your shopping and eating out.
Thank you Glenstone Lodge. We enjoyed our stay...

The Mustang Mafia

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Clarkesville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I was here for the annual Bridge Tournament and although the room itself was OK the service is the worst! The wireless internet did not work ( one bar signal off and on) in the room and when I took my computer to another room on another floor it did not work either. Had 2 computers along and same with both as well as the Ipod touch, With the hotel door wide open there was a full signal.So that night I left the door open awhile .I was getting full signal from 2 other hotels on the same block! Maybe that's how they work and hope you steal internet from hotels that have strong signals.The front desk said well you can use your computer in the lobby! No offer of a discount or anything even though they advertise free wireless internet. Yeah it's free from their neighbor hotels. NOT OK! If they would have knocked a little off the price I would have purchased the service from a place with the good signal. The water was cold but I was told to let it run for 30 minutes and it would heat up and indeed it did get hot after 30 minutes! How "green" is that. Wake up call at 6AM that we did not ask for and a totally noisy AC. We checked out and moved down the street and they could have cared less .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

We were looking for an inexpensive getaway place with an indoor pool for the kids (ages 5 and 10). The Glenstone Lodge was great. It is conveniently located just a couple of blocks off the middle of the strip. Of you don't want to walk, the trolley stops very nearby. The two level pool was great for the kids. There was a nice breakfast buffet (a bit pricey but good quality).

Overall clean and pretty well kept, we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you from all of our team.
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We've stayed at Glenstone Lodge for several youth events, and I have personally worked with the booking office on two of those occasions. I am not typically comfortable in coordinating these types of events; but, as I've dealt with several different people at Glenstone Lodge, I have always experienced friendly, helpful service. Although they are extremely busy booking for these events, they've never let me miss a deadline - calling me with reminders and faxing pertinant information in a timely manner - and have always been willing to work with me to coordinate lodging needs. Every time I've called to ask questions or get more information, each individual I've spoken with has always been familiar with our group, as if they are personally involved with the account themselves.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Glenstone Lodge? Share your experiences!