“Enjoyable Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Enjoyable Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is my fourth time to stay at your hotel. Each time it has been a great experince. Your staff is very friendly and the rooms are really nice. Very clean lobby and pool area. The breakfast buffet was large, tasty, and worth the small price. Always enjoy the river in the back and love that you are so close to all of the shops and stores in Gatlinburg. Thanks again...See you soon!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding you recent stay with us. We appreciate that you chose the Glenstone Lodge over other hotels, but we are expecially pleased that your stay was comfortable and memorable. Please come back again.

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for Winter Fest in Feb. we had about 50 in our group. The staff was terrific. The rooms neat, a good size and clean. The over all
opinion of the property was "this is the best place we have ever stayed'! And the pool looked terrific.

Room Tip: If you want to stay in Gatlingburg near the action, but not on the main road, this is a terrific loc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
The staff and management of Glenstone Lodge appreciate the kind words you shared on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel. We know you have many options or hotels from which to choose, and we are honored you choose to stay with us. Please come back again..
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My fiance and I had a wonderful time! It may not be the most up to date hotel but the price is one you can not beat! The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean... we had an end room which was right by a creek which was peaceful. We just had a wonderful time and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the wings are quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad your family enjoyed our recreational facilities and that your room met your standards of cleanliness. It is very satisfying to know that we created a memorable experience...
Kingsport,TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is nice and pool is nice but the rooms are a little dated. We have stayed here twice and this time was better because we had an inside room and it was cold outside. Last time, we were outside and it was really cold outside going to the indoor pool. Would probably stay again.

Stayed April 2013
knoxville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Glenstone Lodge Apr 18-Apr 21st. I had an extremely good experience. I booked a Pool View Room with 2 Queensize Beds. Even though the decor of the room was a bit dated, they have upgraded it with a Panasonic Flat Screen TV, and I found the matresses to be very firm and comfortable. Also the water pressure in the shower was good and this is very important to me! The Pool/Spa area is a work of art on 2 different levels. The 9 ft pool has an Infinity Wall of water cascading luxuriously into the 3 ft Wading Pool below. In addition, there is a Hot Tub tucked into another corner of the Wading Pool. The landscaping around the Decking is exquisite, and as far as I can tell, the plants are real! The best thing about the pool , however is the hours of operation: It's open from 10AM-11PM 7 days a week.

I also had the Breakfast at the Patio Restaurant (Open 7AM-11AM, Breakfast only) It was really good! Wait Staff very attentive. Customized Omellettes available, as well as a plethora of wonderful Breakfast items! At 8.95 pp, it beats the comparable Buffet at the Park Vista, up the hill by 5.00! Decidedly one of the best bargains for Breakfast in Gatlinburg!

I found all Staff to be very friendly and accomodating! Also, this Hotel is within 1/4 mi (app) to all the hubub of Shops and restaurants on the Parkway. Also the Trolley comes by on a regular basis, and it can transport you to all major attractions, such as the Aquarium! I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants great value, and good service! I shopped on line and got a deal of basically 81.00 (plus tax) When you want exquisite Mountain Getaway in a Resort like atmosphere, yo can do no better than Glenstone Lodge!

Room Tip: I prefer the Poolside rooms, but it can get a bit noisy at nite with all the kids playing in it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Glenstone Lodge is the perfect location for those who want proximity to the serene Smokey mtn. park as well as the hubbub of Gatlinburg proper. The Roaring Fork scenic loop is practically next door & the National park entrance is a short distance away. Downtown Gatlinburg is an easy walk down a couple of blocks. Our room faced the road but was quiet. The hotel seems to be well maintained: I think it's been around for many years. Two negatives: the pool area doesn't have a chair mechanism for those who need assistance. I thought that was a federal law that went into force a year ago. The hot tub is very difficult to maneuver with a very long step down in. Weak knees will find it tough/dangerous. The other, a disturbing issue for me, was that the housekeepers walked in the room unannounced, without knocking even with the Privacy Please sign on the door. Thank goodness I was 'decent'!!!!! All in all, the Glenstone is a modest hotel I'd consider again.

• Stayed April 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I know this hotel has receivied many negative reviews, I just don't understand! We booked this though "Living Social", $159.00 + tax for four nighths. At that rate it is a sure enough bargain! The entrance is very nice, the lobby interesting, the room is a standard hotel room but very clean, the beds are comfortable and a nice LED TV with 94 channels. The location is great! Just two blocks to the main drag and less than that to the Roaring Fork Nature Trail (one of the prettiest drives in the Smokies!) The indoor pool was fun and the hot tub eased sore muscles after a day of hiking. My wife and I thought the breakfast buffet was excellent! The cook whipped up a great western omlet and there was crispy bacon, tasty link sausage and sausage patties that looked good, grits, gravy, biscuits, canalope, strawberrys, pineapple and other fruits, cereals of all kinds. The cook offered pancakes and waffles but I had already gorged myself and had to pass. For $8.95, a bargain. All the staff have been friendly and helpful. Not a four star hotel but if you don't have fun here it's your own fault!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenstone Lodge? Share your experiences!