“Chipley and Vernon High School Senior Trip 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Glenstone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   504 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Chipley, Florida
“Chipley and Vernon High School Senior Trip 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

One of the best stays I have had with a large group of high school students. We had 85 teenagers and 9 adults. This hotel offered outstanding service and hospitality for the students on their senior trip. The amenities that the hotel offered were great and out students thoroughly enjoyed the awesome indoor and outdoor pool. From the initial contact several months ahead of our stay, until we checked out, the personnel were very professional and helpful. After our departure, a manager from the hotel called to inform us that a student had left a phone in the room. They secured the phone and made arrangements to ship the phone back to the student. The location is perfect with easy access to the main area of Gatlinburg which is just a few block away. While not one of the fanciest hotels in Gatlinburg (and I have stayed in many) you can't beat the accommodation for the price and location. While high school students are typically concerned about the cleanliness of a hotel/facility, the adults that accompany them are. The adults on our trip were especially impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms as well as other parts of the facility, Next time I am in Gatlinburg, I will be staying here with my family. The class of 2012 had an awesome senior trip and Glenstone Lodge was a big park of that. Thanks for a great stay. We will be staying at this hotel on the next senior trip to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel has almost the best breakfast I've ever experienced in many years of traveling. The location is perfect for Civic Center events and the rooms are neat and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We booked this hotel through hotwire which means it was a surprise. Went though the reviews and became leery. We needed a quick local getaway for some down time and even though this place is DATED and needs UPDATING, we had a good time. The tiered pool is an amazing feature and was a welcome swim for two water people like us. Our room had no fridge and a very tiny bathroom. The balcony wasn't big enough to fit two chairs facing outwards. The furniture had seen it's day and definitely needed replacement. Over all the room was very very clean just old. We were on the second floor where there were two wireless routers so we had no issues getting an internet connection. The ice machine on the second floor has yet to be repaired and so we had to ask the front desk where to get ice. Service was friendly and helpful. I would never pay full price and most likely wouldn't recommend to others coming into town as we are people who live in the area. There are better places to stay that have more recognizable names that are in the same price range. With all that said we did have a good time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrollton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We took advantage of a Groupon special and stayed for two nights. It is a nice rustic looking place. I loved the glass elevator in the lobby and we were both very pleased with the breakfast buffet at only $8.95 per person. There was plenty of food to choose from on the buffet, so you won't go hungry. The chef will prepare your eggs any way you want them (I loved the loaded omelet I got), then there is biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, grits, fruit, pastries, and potatoes. We stayed on the 2nd floor and had a balcony. We had a good view of the stone covered church across the road. The lodge is located up the hill from the main road in Gatlinburg, but not so far you can't walk if your in shape for it & you can always catch the trolley coming back if you get tired for 50 cents per person, but be sure to have exact change. I recommend you get a trolley pass & take the trolley while in Gatlinburg to save paying so much for private parking. I realized when we were almost home (about a 5 hour ride) that I had left our cell phone chargers in the room. When I called & asked about them, they offered to mail them back to me because they had already been found by the lodge cleaning staff. I am really happy I don't have to pay to replace my phone chargers. My only complaint was that the bathroom wasn't big enough, other than that we were very happy with our room.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non-smoking room like we had & a room away from the road. There was a dusk...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Town Creek, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have stayed here several times. Service is always good. This time our room was not very clean including bathroom. Carpet stained also. We also had an intruder in our room at 3:00 AM. Said they had trouble with sliding doors not locking. Not robbed thank goodness just a prank I think. I will look elsewhere in future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

we got a Groupon for this lodge for a great price and didn't set our hopes to high. Needless to say for family reason we only stayed one short night( sick kids), but the time spent there was very nice. The Lodge is located up the hill from the main drag in Gatlinburg, but not to far for you to walk if you are in shape to do so. It is across the street from a great pancake place. The staff was super friendly even helping us find a hospital that was open. the room was a nice enough room, not very clean , found hair in tub, sink and bathroom floor, also lots of food on floor and under table but the beds were soft enough. Yes the bathroom was small but not smaller than other holes. The pool was nice, waterfall was off but you didn't miss it. The only down side to the hotel was that they could not find our swim stuff we left behind. we left very early in the morning to head home because of the sick kid, and I left the swim stuff ( 3 suite, life vest and towels) in the dresser drawer, had hands full so I didn't miss them until later. Once home in Indiana and kid was better, called hotel and they said they didn't have them nor had they found any all month, this was 3 days later. Hard to believe, sucked too, brand new suite. :( I am not sure we would stay here again, if not for the groupon their regular rates are way to high for a hotel off the strip that is very out of date.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gibsonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I love the folks at Glenstone...Ursala and Robin are the best.....John and Rebecca(3rd Shift Staff) can't be beat....My family and I have stayed here for 10 yrs- We love the pool, elevator, and the big front foyer with the smell of good food.....Our church has an annual Married Couples Retreat here every November....its one of the highlights of our church ministires every year-most of all we love the people that run Glenstone...and I ask the Lord every time I leave to let me come back to Gatlinburg, and stay at the Glenstone.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has a fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Glenstone Lodge? Share your experiences!