“Very Unhappy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elk Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Elk Springs Resort
You added Elk Springs Resort to your Saves list
1088 Powdermill Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Very Unhappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was surprised after reading the many positive reviews how poorly managed this place is. The entitlement that goes on in many businesses is why our economy is failing. They will charge you money even if you don't stay here and book way out in advance, basically it will cost you 100 to 200 dollars for them to do their job working in hospitality. I bought travel insurance because I knew I might have some scheduling issues
(which was not money I expected back,) in the end I just wanted to change the date, they did not wait for the last 14 days which is what is listed as their policy, for you to make adjustments to reservations. I think they wanted my cabin to give to someone else and instead of just being honest and asking me to make up my mind already, they just said we are giving you a refund, but by the way it's wont be a complete refund, so they got the cabin booked and made money off me too. Most places will refund your money entirely as long as they are given a certain amount of notice, or they are able to rebook. I would not have written a negative review, which I rarely do, if they had taken my money for their booking fee, if in the end with all the information they gave me I requested a refund,or I was at the 14 day marker. At the end of the day I never requested a refund I had requested to change the dates and the cabin to later in the year. Their reasoning we had not heard a reply to an email they had written the day before. I still had many days until 14 days out, but I wanted the weekend to discuss with family as I didn't want another scheduling issue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
elkspringsresort, Manager at Elk Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Betsy, thank you for your review. We really do apologize for the confusion. We're sorry, given the correspondence we have it was our understanding you wanted to cancel the reservation - however - your review indicates it may not be something you want to do. The trip insurance is a great option for a lot of guests and the numbers you are quoting above are not in sync with your reservation, so perhaps we can clarify that for you.

If you would contact us at our toll free number we'd be happy to assist you in understanding the numbers and/or rebooking your reservation. Again, sorry if there was some confusion as it is our goal to make sure your experience from booking to checkout is a great one. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Winter Springs, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our group of 15 stayed at Elk Springs Resort in the cabin Spacious Skies. We had my big family of 6 and other families with children from the youngest being 12 years old. This vacation was absolutely Amazing. It first started with the adventure in driving up to our cabin. Once you enter the cabin you find yourself absolutely amazed as to how wonderful and fantastic Spacious Skies really is. As soon as you look outside and see the view you understand why they call this cabin Spacious Skies. The view is simply breathtaking. The entire 7 day vacation was absolutely amazing. Lets just put it this way, I wasn't ready to leave I could have stayed in that cabin and in TN much longer then a week. Fresh crisp air with mountainous views definitely worth it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I and another couple, along with four children (2-9) spent a week at Basswood Lodge and absolutely loved it. We had a little issue with the front door lock upon arrival, but maintenance was there within five minutes. Besides a few calls from the office to check how our vacation was going, we didn't have to talk to the office again and everything was perfect. Cabin was amazing and had enough to do to keep everyone entertained. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Elk Springs Resort is an easy five minute drive to grocery shopping and a ten minute drive to do...
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This stay was the second time that I spent six-nights at Moonstruck in the Bear Foot Mountain Resort. To repeat my review from last year, Moonstruck simply is the best in every respect. The ownership and management of this cabin, as well as the other cabins in this resort, have set the highest standards for comfort, luxury, location, cleanliness, maintenance, and personal communication. I know of no other place where I had rather stay.

Room Tip: For a nickel more, you can go first class!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Fairburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Elk Springs Resort. This was a couple trip and we had a great time. There was so many things to do near the area. Whether it was for amusement, shopping, dining, etc it all was there. The cabin was in a gated community and that was nice. However, I really enjoyed my stay at Elk Springs and I will stay again. A View to Remember will be a time that one will never forget. Great place and nice resort. See you soon - Elk Springs Resort!!!!!

Room Tip: I only hated that we could not get CSR immediately when we tried to call, but someone always return...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We recently spent several days over the New Years holiday at Elk Springs Resort and cannot wait to return for a repeat visit. This was our first time staying with them and can truly say that we have never had such convenient check-in, check-out procedures. We absolutely loved our cabin, Cherokee Charm, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were snowed in for one of those days but we didn't mind. Loved the area, not too far away from Gatlinburg but far enough away that you were almost totally secluded, even though there are other cabins nearby. Looking forward to staying again in the near future!!

Room Tip: Make sure that your cabin is located in the Elk Spring Resort itself. Some cabins are very close to...
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I got a groupon for a 2 night stay in a cabin so I wasn't expecting what the pictures portrayed.... But I was extremely surprised when we showed up and it was so closed to town, a store just down the street, and and awesome cabin! The Resort staff was so helpful and even upgraded us when our 1st cabins water wasnt working! Great vacation, we will be staying again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Elk Springs Resort? Share your experiences!