“Great people, great place and lovely location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pincushion Mountain Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Marais
Pincushion Mountain Bed and Breakfast
You added Pincushion Mountain Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
968 Gunflint Trail, Grand Marais, MN 55604-9701   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Grand Marais B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great people, great place and lovely location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is my third time at the Pincushion Bed & Breakfast. A friend, her dog and I just came back from a nice short weekend trip and I am glad we made the effort to leave the Twin Cities despite the not so great early morning, sort of icy road conditions. It is always a treat to go Up North and Highway 61 is one of my favorite ever. At the Pincushion, Lynn and Ruby as usual, made us feel at home. The place is the most-unfussy B&B: the communal rooms are clean, well furnished, with great views. We staid in the “dorm” downstairs, which is cozy and roomy with 3 comfortable beds and the sauna is near by, plus we can ski right out of the door. The breakfast is always great, with a variety of tasty and nutritious food. The hosts are very knowledgeable about the area and a pleasure to interact with. Harry, the dog is a plus to the place. A bonus for us was to observe the Aurora Borealis. Lynn wake us up at 4:00 AM to see the celestial light show an I am so thankful for it as it was beautiful beyond description.
I am planning to return in the summer to go hiking in the great trails near by. Grand Marais is easy ride from the B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a wonderful B&B. The hosts are extremely friendly and create a very welcoming and friendly environment. The rooms and common areas are very comfortable, just like home. The breakfasts are communal, multi-course, well-thought out and bountiful. The hosts are only too ready to supply you with great advice on however you wish to spend your time in the area. They are also great conversationalists who put everyone at ease around the table. And they have a charming dog! We only wish we had our dogs with us as they would have been welcomed there, most unusual and wonderful in a B&B. We also enjoyed the remote location up the hill, away from the noise of Grand Marais. Very restful after full days of exhausting but fun outdoor activities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife, newborn and I visited Lynn and Ruby on a chilly weekend in early October for our 2nd anniversary. I had never stayed at a B & B so I was kind of kind of worried....Well, we got in late on a Friday and went str8 to bed. After waking up to the smell of think cut bacon and stuffed french toast with cherries, all my worries went away.

Our trip was extremely relaxing for my wife and child. I am a bit rambunctious and wend on many a hike, right outside our front door! Silly me! I had no idea that there were also bike trails all over, so next year I/we will tear that up! Pincushion is located very close to Grand Marais, so we easily were able to get the best donuts in the world and also, Sven and Oles! Being so close to the city, it is a great place to take a child (in case of emergency).

Nothing but good to say about Pincushion B & B!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our family ( two humans and two canines) were welcomed by our hosts and the owners were open, generous and patient. The b&b is beautiful and the owners gave us great advice for dog friendly skiing. They even upgraded our room for free so we'd have more room for the pooches. Their dog is sweet too. Breakfast was delicious as was the sauna, which we didn't even realize they had when we booked.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Pincushion B&B over Fisherman's Picnic weekend. What a glorious time we had. The food was phenomenal and our room was comfortable and it had a spectacular view. We went hiking on Pincushion Mt and enjoyed the wonderful scenery, quiet and solitude. Lynn and Ruby were gracious hosts and encouraged us to relax and enjoy the time we had there. They had a great bonfire one evening and we enjoyed sitting around, gazing at the stars, talking, drinking wine and then finally, got chased inside by the mosquitoes.

Grand Marais is probably my favorite place, and spending our weekend here made it even better. We hope to go up this winter to XC ski, as the trail are right outside the door. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Monona, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Pincushion! The B & B is located outside of Grand Marais (no traffic noise) with immediate access to miles of wooded recreational trails. The bedrooms were clean, organized, and had private baths with showers. Breakfasts were wholesome and delicious. The B & B does have a friendly dog who will jump on you if you're not careful.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Pincushion B&B was a wonderful place to stay for those that enjoy the outdoors and want to be a part of the beautiful Northwoods of Minnesota. My husband and I felt instantly welcomed by Lynn which was a great bonus on a relaxing weekend away from the cities. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful each morning! I would highly recommend this for couples or families!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Aspen Inn
Aspen Inn
#9 of 11 in Grand Marais
2.5 of 5 stars 38 reviews

Been to Pincushion Mountain Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!