“Great spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Located in the quaint harbor village of Grand Marais, Minnesota, on Lake Superior's beautiful North Shore, the Harbor House Grille is a cozy neighborhood restaurant serving up tasty handcrafted meals, using fresh & seasonal ingredients. Offering Beer, Wine, Spirits & Flavor!
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Four of us had dinner at the Harbor House Grille. We really enjoyed our dinner and had friendly, great service. Grilled prawns, meatball soup, duck bacon BLT - so good. Couldn't resist the pretzel cheesecake for dessert, and we're glad we didn't resist.

Visited July 2013

North Branch, Minnesota
“Beautiful deck dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband had the catch of the day- broiled Whitefish and I had the Rueben sandwich. The food was great and the deck dining was very nice. It was our servers first night and she did great even though she forgot a few things. I would definitely recommend.

Visited July 2013
Osceola, Wisconsin
“Give it a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our first visit to the Harbor House and we were so glad we gave it a try! My Husband and I tried two of their pizzas. A classic red sauce w/pepperoni and sausage and the other was called Blonde, an alfredo/pesto sauce w/chicken, caramelized onion and cheese. Both were very good and we will be back! Service was great too!

Visited June 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was visiting Grand Marais with my family today, and asked around who made the best Pizza there. Expecting to hear the same place with the two Swedish cartoon guys, I was told the Harbor House Grill had a wood oven for their pizza.
Game over, move over Sven and Ole, you're outta there!
You can have no clue how to make a pizza, but when you cook anything in a wood oven, it comes out better! Fortunately, I talked briefly with one of the chefs on a break on the patio entrance (the photo on this site is out of date. If it's still up when we go back next month (and we will), we'll post a photo with the massive outdoor patio they built that has this OUTSTANDING view of the Lake Superior Harbor) and was pretty convinced he had a clue and I'd be eating something great out of that oven. They actually even have a gluten free crust, which seems to be a big feature these days. I think the base price is 11 bucks per pie, then you build with 2 buck meat toppings and 1 buck veggie toppings. I was thrilled to see they had andouille sausage, my gumbo-making fav ingredient, so I built that up with red peppers, mushroom and black olives. My daughter had the Margherita and wife had the Vegetarian. We actually are still arguing, while Patrick Kane holds the Stanley Cup over his head on TV, who had the best Pizza. Of course I am right!! Adouille, baby!!!
Ed, I'm coming back for the Paella on July 21st as promised; be ready!!! And keep serving those ice cold micro brewery beers! Fantastic!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ramsey, Minnesota
“Nice time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast last Friday morning. The service & food were great. Very nice environment to spend a relaxing meal together. Our waitress was so fun and interesting to talk to. She let us know about a secluded spot on th lake which was wonderful, thanks. We will be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2013