“Nice Place to Eat” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice Place to Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have eaten here twice so far, last night for dinner and a little while ago for lunch. It is the off season so things seemed to be a bit subdued both times. Dinner was good although I thought the salmon a bit overdone for my taste. For lunch I enjoyed a calzone. I will not say it was the best I ever had but it was certainly comparable to it. They have a decent selection of brews on tap and in the bottle so I am enjoying working my way through the ones I have never seen before. May take me a few more trips to get through them all. The staff is very friendly and talkative, making me feel right at home. The decor is interesting to say the least. Give them a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We return here every summer when we come to Grand Marais. The food is awesome, but that's really the only reason we come back. The atmosphere is a little too rough for a nice family scene, though, and the servers either are disinterested or rude. But the food makes up for it, so please don't stop yourself from coming!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chicago suburbs
“don't judge it by its appearance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant may not look too nice on the outside, but inside it is comfortable and interesting. Seemed family friendly, the staff was good and so was the food. I had a walleye filet, which was quite good and the kids devoured their meals. This is a good choice if you are with a group or are looking for something casual.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Osseo, Wisconsin
“Great burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lots of creative burgers to choose from! I had the sour cream & olive burger and my husband had the bacon & bleu burger...both very tasty. Warm, north woods atmosphere!

Visited March 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“A great place in Grand Marais”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have eaten at My Sisters Place several times and always enjoy it. This is a casual restaurant with a great selection of burgers and sandwiches that are always very tasty. Although we have not had the pizza we have heard it is excellent as well. We would recommend this restaurant and have never had a bad meal here.

Visited March 2013